What's new
Doesn't boot. Looks to be missing a couple of caps on the top board (the ones in the corners).

Let me know!

:D
Mine is mising 1 blue cap from a corner of rom board and still boot ,but in the meantime i purchased capacitors to replace the old ones from the entire board + rom board

If your sound chip is good, i have a motherboard that's mint and working but needs an ASSP aka the 315-5476 sound chip.

Doesn't boot. Looks to be missing a couple of caps on the top board (the ones in the corners).

Let me know!

The caps in the corners are just filter caps. They won't prevent it from booting but they should certainly be present.

I have so many dead System 16 boards and I've been told it's most likely work RAM, not sure if you want to fix it yourself maybe start there?

What number is written on your encrypted CPU? I think it's only regional differences on S18 but just in case make sure you get the matching set.

Last edited:
It's 317-0146 the Japan version.

I found these roms, but the zip file only has two files in it.

They match the file numbers on the chips on my board.

EPR-13084
EPR-13085

So I only need to replace burn these two chips?

(and replace the FD1094 of course)

Thanks again!

That's right, if you've found the decrypted ROMs it's the same process as CPS2.

Just replace the main program ROMs that are encrypted and replace the 68k with a standard one :)

Still has the FD1094 on board, that'll be suicided. Install a standard 68k and decrypted code and I reckon that'll boot right up
You were correct sir! I did the above and replaced the 5 caps that were missing, and Alien Storm is now alive and waiting for the Sega 18 Multi-kit!

Thank you again xodaraP

(click pic for large version)

Sega18Working1sm.jpg

Sega18Working2sm.jpg

Back