What's new

devin_mm

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello All,

First I am relatively new to this so please excuse if my question is dumb and if covered someone else a link would be greatly appreciated.

I have a NeoGeo 1-slot cabinet (it looks like it was possibly a conversion cabinet or maybe just some sort of generic cabinet) that I want to put a NAOMI 2 system in.
My question is regarding the CP: Is there something I can do with the 4th button so I can get it to work on both systems when I move the JAMMA harness?

My plan is to install 4 more buttons and wire them as well as both "button 4's" into a kick harness but I also want the cab to work when I want to use the NeoGeo.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Or maybe a more appropriate forum.

Be aware that a lot of Naomi titles will have to run interlaced on that 15khz monitor, so they're going to flicker. Some people are more susceptible to that than others.

I assume the cab is Jamma?
If so get a Capcom JVS/Jamma converter, should deliver enough power if you want to run original Naomi carts.

but if you want to use GDRom or Netdimm you need an additional PSU

I assume the cab is Jamma?
If so get a Capcom JVS/Jamma converter, should deliver enough power if you want to run original Naomi carts.

but if you want to use GDRom or Netdimm you need an additional PSU

So yeah the cab is Jamma what I am concerned with is button 4 on the Neo Geo panel since it's not Jamma standard and I plan on wiring 6 buttons but I also want to go back and forth between Neo Geo and Naomi.
In theory I am envisioning splicing the 4th button onto the kick harness would that work?

I have a Naomi 2 coming which I believe can't run off Jamma power anyway (and I plan on getting a netdimm pretty quickly).
I am looking at an ATX -> Naomi power would that be all I need or would I need to power the Capcom I/O board (I would guess this board would get power from Jamma).

Sorry for Naomi 101 I just want to make sure I have all the correct pieces.

I plan on making a post in the buy/sell for a Capcom board and Netdimm this weekend so hopefully I am ready to go.

for NeoGeo button 4 should be wired on the Jamma and the Capcom IO takes button 4 on the Jamma as well I think and converts that to JVS, so no worries there.
If you however want to wire button 5 and 6, then yes you need a CPS2 style kickharness, plug that into the Capcom IO, and that's it, you will have 6 buttons on Jamma

As I'm not 200% sure the Capcom IO will take button 4 from Jamma, you can of course always splice it and also connect that via the Kick harness

Be aware that a lot of Naomi titles will have to run interlaced on that 15khz monitor, so they're going to flicker. Some people are more susceptible to that than others.
Interesting I didn't know that but in hindsight it makes sense, I'll have to see how it is to me.
I don't foresee me ever getting a Blast City or equivalent cabinet so I'll just have to be happy with what I get.

Back