What's new

tronswanson

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey all!

Working on putting together a JAMMA splitter, but need to know what type of load I need to put on the power supply in the second cabinet.

Any advice on what to use as far as resistance is concerned?

To clarify, you are asking what the wattage of the second cab is? Sorry, question is unclear.

Your use case isn't clear. Are you trying to run two cabs, simultaneously, off one power supply? Or are you trying to have two boards hooked up in one cab with a splitter?

If you are trying to run two cabs, at the same time, off one supply, just find out the wattage draw from both cabs (monitor + pcb) and multiply x2. Make sure you leave yourself some overhead...If you need 275 watts total, don't run a 300 watt supply. Go 400.

But if you can expand on the exact specifics I am sure you will get a clearer answer

@tronswanson, best option is just to unplug the power supply as you won't be needing it for anything.

What cabs are you linking?

Nice. That's what I'm rocking as well. Astro City is easy. Just remove the PSU, turn it upside down, unplug the input connector that goes in to the power board, then put it back in. Everything else will work, it just won't put out DC voltage to the jamma connector.

sf2_versus.jpg

Side by side Astros the best. I know head to head is the arcade hardcore way, but for friendly games it's nice to sit next to the people you're playing.

So when we did my linked cabs we put a load resistor on, just because that's how I'd alway seen it done and we figured following convention made sense. But unplugging the power supply seems like an easier solution. FWIW I've never had any trouble with the load resistor method.

Unplugged the power supply after I did the load resistor.

Now I just need to troubleshoot my audio on P2 cab and wire a kick harness.

Back