What's new
Pardon my newbie question -- is there a wiki or something that explain how to copy the Naomi games into the CF cards? is it as simple as drag and drop the files to the CF card using a USB CF card reader? is there a guide?

Please feel free to delete this post if this question is against the forum rules... thanks

There is a program sold on another site that is used to load the game onto the card. Also, the program will extract the security key from the CF card if you use a CF reader installed on the PC's IDE bus. You need the security key in order for the game to load and boot. Once you have the key you can just load the card using a usb reader.

I've just come across a strange problem. I bought a box of 20 industrial grade Delkin 512Mb CF cards supposedly made in the USA.

When I use "smartctl -a /dev/sda" I get "00 00" as the card ID for all 20 of them, they work OK with the G-net & my old camera - All my other cards read fine (apart from a 512Mb Cisco one that windows doesn't pickup either).

If you use the flash utility it won't let you put "0000" as the code. Any ideas???

Or am i stuck with using them with my G-Net PCB?

Are you using an IDE reader? I've only used the NaomiCF proram to pull the ID and it requires an IDE reader.

I'm using a laptop with PCMCIA CF adapter (like the tutorials state) as my SATA to CF adapter wasn't picked up correctly and my PC only has SATA ports.

I've just retried using an IDE-CF adapter on an old XP PC I had in the garage - and get the same results.

I can read the ID's from all my other cards and the one I got from you with it no problem. Just this batch of Delkin ones - they all show 00 00 at offset 36/37.

Tutorial
DSC04249 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
Not sure if it'll help, but i'd definitely double check using a true IDE adapter than PCMCIA. it's possible the chipset is treating it as flash memory and not an IDE device.

He said he tried with an IDE with an old XP computer (same type I use btw)

Sounds like your cards might just not be compatible for some reason. There are a few brands of cards I've had zero success with when trying with Naomi.

Just for shits try programming with the code ID 3030.

There's definitely something odd about them - NaomiCf.exe shows 0 and two squares for the ID. the other card ID's it agrees with, my Linux box gives the same string of "00 00" for offset 36/37.

I'll try programming them as 3030 as the program won't let you enter "0000".

my bad
He said he tried with an IDE with an old XP computer (same type I use btw)
my bad :P

Also once upon a time, there was a SMART tools package for linux that WOULD read the codes off USB readers...
forget what it was now though...

Naomi Compact Flash Kits------$100 by itself/$125 with a game

Additional CF Card with Game Installed-----$25

Convert Normal Dimm to Rev. 4.02 for CF use-----$25 plus return shipping or free with CF kit purchase (you pay return shipping)
Whenever someone prefaces a statement with "no offense", you know the next thing that is said will be offensive. So on that same token, "I don't mean to bump an old thread but", what programmer device do you use to flash the non-Net DIMM to 4.02?

No worries mate. This is not NEOGEO forum. Just be polite to the rest of fellows and you'll be OK.

There is a tutorial here so you can see how the process works and do it yourself.

[Tutorial] Naomi reading compact flash on 'normal' non-net dimmboard

As for the programmer, it doesn't really matter which one, it must just support that flash. I use a Wellon VP-496 and Mitsurugi uses a TOPMAX-2.... so if you have one and it's not too old, chances are it will work.

Well you need a complete Naomi set. That means I/O PCB, Naomi and a Dimm + CF adapter.

Hey Mitsurugi I am new to this forum and the only reason I joined was to get in contact with you and to buy your CF adapter with game. Oh yeah I also would like to upgrade my firmware on my regular dimm board which has 1.02 and purchase a naomi 2 multibios . Are you still selling the CF kit? Can you upgrade the dimm from 1.02 to 4.02? How can I purchase?

Hi Mitsurugi

Just letting you know I sent you a PM regarding the purchase of your CF card read device!

Thank you sir!

Back