What's new
Hi Mitsurugi

Just letting you know I sent you a PM regarding the purchase of your CF card read device!

Thank you sir!
Cool. I will reply. Please update your profile with your location. Thanks!

Any Naomi. What's network compatible or GDROM compatible is the Dimm itself.

Of course it's highly recommended that you have the latest BIOS version on your Naomi.

See here:
http://www.sega-naomi.com/bios.htm
Looks like the Sega Naomi site is down for the count for good. Sucks, I just got my programmer too. Anyone have these Bios files saved and can post them anywhere?

I'm pasting here the information so everyone can read it. It was posted by p1pkin

Here is Christmas gift to community: modded Naomi/Naomi2 BIOS with region switching.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cu8334

Use DIPSW 2-3 on filterboard to:
Code: Select all
DSW2 DSW3
OFF OFF Japan
ON OFF USA
OFF ON Export
ON ON Korea

both BIOS CRC-protection exploit and region changing logic was found/made by me personally.

Note from Darksoft. Can also be downloaded from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t5nt0td92r1565x/naomi_multi_bios.7z

It was the regular bios'es that were missing for a few days. The multiregion bios'es have been available. There are some issues some of us are encountering with them when netbooting Atomiswave games.

Can't you use the Naomi ones from any MAME download site?

It was the regular bios'es that were missing for a few days. The multiregion bios'es have been available. There are some issues some of us are encountering with them when netbooting Atomiswave games.
That's because timing is critical. These games have been coded to run with Atomiswave BIOS and Atomiswave timings. I have fixed it for running with CF but it may have issues when loading via NetBoot. If you can be more specific about which games don't work for you when neetbooted, maybe I can have a look at it.

That's because timing is critical. These games have been coded to run with Atomiswave BIOS and Atomiswave timings. I have fixed it for running with CF but it may have issues when loading via NetBoot. If you can be more specific about which games don't work for you when neetbooted, maybe I can have a look at it.
I have been able to net-boot (with Pi-Force Tools) every one of your released Atomiswave games using the Multi-bios. I've never once had any problems doing so on any of my 3 NAOMI1 or my NAOMI2 units.

I went through the whole list to check compatibility when I made my bios/IO compatibility spreadsheet.

That's good news. So acblulnden2 problem must be something else.

I have been able to net-boot (with Pi-Force Tools) every one of your released Atomiswave games using the Multi-bios. I've never once had any problems doing so on any of my 3 NAOMI1 or my NAOMI2 units.
I went through the whole list to check compatibility when I made my bios/IO compatibility spreadsheet.
Can you try with transfergame.exe and see if you get the same results?

I have been able to net-boot (with Pi-Force Tools) every one of your released Atomiswave games using the Multi-bios. I've never once had any problems doing so on any of my 3 NAOMI1 or my NAOMI2 units.I went through the whole list to check compatibility when I made my bios/IO compatibility spreadsheet.
Can you try with transfergame.exe and see if you get the same results?
I can but I probably wont be able to set that up to test for at least a few days. What particular games were giving you problems?

Hi, i have 2 Dimm's with 1.02 which must updated to 4.02. Can you do this for me ?

Greetings
Thomas

And a very good job he did too on mine, works a treat with the CF-Card adapters he sells, just make sure you use a good quality SCSI cable (ideally the Sega one)....

Back