Pinned Naomi CF Kit and DIMM Conversion Services

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • I am interested in the CF adapter for the Naomi - for the $25 cards per Naomi game; what are the options for the games? "Any" GD-rom game? Are some of the rom board only games available on CF as well - i.e. MvC2 or Gigawing 2?
      Do the CF games play any different than the regular GD-rom discs?

      On another topic - in regards to the Atomiswave to Naomi conversation project - would the Atomiswave games be available via the CF cards as well and would they be playable by this same CF adapter?

      Thanks.
    • arcadeWC wrote:

      I am interested in the CF adapter for the Naomi - for the $25 cards per Naomi game; what are the options for the games? "Any" GD-rom game? Are some of the rom board only games available on CF as well - i.e. MvC2 or Gigawing 2?
      Do the CF games play any different than the regular GD-rom discs?

      On another topic - in regards to the Atomiswave to Naomi conversation project - would the Atomiswave games be available via the CF cards as well and would they be playable by this same CF adapter?

      Thanks.
      Most any game will work. I have not personally tried Gigawing 2 yet but I can. MVC2 works just fine. If there are any specific games you would like me to try just let me know. They play no different. The CF kit is just a replacement for the GD Rom drive.

      And yes, the AW2Naomi games will work with this kit.

      BTW--how did you join the site already? We have not even launched yet. LOL
    • Ok. It was a lead from ToplessZ at the KLOV forums. I was also surprised the site was so new when I registered, but figured it might as well get started. Good site; glad there is one place for information regarding the various projects involving arcade games.

      Regarding a list of prospective Naomi games to try for CF cards; here would be my prime list of games of which I would be interested work on the CF adapter: If you can confirm any or all of these as available for CF cards and playable on the adapter; I would appreciate it.
      Thanks.

      1. MvC2
      2. Gigawing 2
      3. WWF Royal Rumble
      4. Powerstone 2
      5. Zero Gunner 2
      6. Ikaruga
      7. Under Defeat
      8. Capcom vs SNK 2
    • arcadeWC wrote:

      Regarding a list of prospective Naomi games to try for CF cards; here would be my prime list of games of which I would be interested work on the CF adapter:

      Not on your list but one game I've yet to see supported by CF or by Net Boot is Virtual On, I know there would be a lot of happy people (myself included) if it was supported by one or both.

      Mitsurugi-w wrote:


      Convert Normal Dimm to Rev. 4.02 for CF use-----$25 plus return shipping or free with CF kit purchase (you pay return shipping)

      Am I reading this correctly that you're willing to do the update to non-net-dimms to make them CF compatible?

      I might take you up on that for my typing cab. Lupin runs on a GD-ROM right now and if I ever get the English version of Typing of the Dead going I'd rather have it running on CF than a Pi-Force setup.
      Buy My 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Follow my projects: instagram | blog
      My PCB list: VAPS
      My Cabs: VOOT | RFM | Vewlix F| FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| Net City | DDR
    • twistedsymphony wrote:

      arcadeWC wrote:

      Regarding a list of prospective Naomi games to try for CF cards; here would be my prime list of games of which I would be interested work on the CF adapter:
      Not on your list but one game I've yet to see supported by CF or by Net Boot is Virtual On, I know there would be a lot of happy people (myself included) if it was supported by one or both.

      Mitsurugi-w wrote:

      Convert Normal Dimm to Rev. 4.02 for CF use-----$25 plus return shipping or free with CF kit purchase (you pay return shipping)
      Am I reading this correctly that you're willing to do the update to non-net-dimms to make them CF compatible?

      I might take you up on that for my typing cab. Lupin runs on a GD-ROM right now and if I ever get the English version of Typing of the Dead going I'd rather have it running on CF than a Pi-Force setup.
      I've asked Darksoft to take a look at VO and he may look at it in the future but there is so much on his plate right now. I'm sure there is another person that could make it work if they took the time. And you are right, I've had several people ask me about it.

      Yes I can convert a normal DIMM to 4.02. I've played Lupin and TOTD both on a CF kit and with my DC2Naomi adapter for keyboards.
    • For the record this is the best information I've found on Net/CF booting VO: neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.…naomi-cartridge-mame-dump

      apparently if you compile the bin it just displays a black screen after boot, even when patched, however the service menu is still accessible.

      It seems there's a lot of interest in getting Outtrigger working with CF/Netboot setups as well, I know that's another game I'd love to see available, though it's not nearly as hard to find or as expensive as VO.
      Buy My 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Follow my projects: instagram | blog
      My PCB list: VAPS
      My Cabs: VOOT | RFM | Vewlix F| FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| Net City | DDR
    • I have had some issues with the loading of CF cards to a "blank" black screen; I haven't tried the service menu yet however. I would reboot the machine and sometimes it would work the second time and eventually load. Sometimes not. I assumed it was a voltage issue or GD-dimm board issue. It still might be, I haven't been able to work with it yet. Just wondering if it "may" be something to do with the rom set I have and the conversion process to CF card. Anything I should be aware of regarding the roms used or the CF card conversion program being used? I am not sure the version of it - i received it from someone else and didn't research it much. The Naomi seems to be running and everything is fine - but just black screen at load and other times it will load to the Naomi boot screen and be fine. Some games seem to load better than others. Just wondering if you may have some thoughts on it and if it may be the roms or conversion process rather than a hardware issue and what I can do about it.
      Thanks.
    • Like I said to you a few days ago the DIMM can be very finicky. If you boot it up without the CF kit installed it should still boot to the Naomi screen and give an Error 25: Cannot access GD Rom drive. I'm willing to bet in your case the DIMM will still boot to the black screen after disconnecting the CF kit.

      On my personal Naomi I sometimes have to re-seat the DIMM several times for it to boot. The Naomi can be very picky when it wants to be.