What's new

bytestorm

Professional
Reaction score
Hey!

Anyone got a good replacement for the murata CSB384 resonators often found together with M5205 ADPCM.
I cant seem to find any (at a reasonable price)..

Any new components we can use to generate 384 KHz (0.384MHz)?

Thanks for your time!

I realized that I can just use a faster oscillator instead and divide the frequency down to 384 (or 768khz) setting S1 & S2 accordingly to get the same result.
Just feed it directly to XT and leaving /XT unconnected.
This is a commonly used (but hard to find) resonator on several boards using the OKI msm5205.. Time to make a small pcb :)

This P.O.W bootleg uses a daughterboard with M5205 and a bunch of gluelogic, instead of the standard NEC 7759C

I realized that I can just use a faster oscillator instead and divide the frequency down to 384 (or 768khz) setting S1 & S2 accordingly to get the same result.
Just feed it directly to XT and leaving /XT unconnected.
This is a commonly used (but hard to find) resonator on several boards using the OKI msm5205.. Time to make a small pcb :)

This P.O.W bootleg uses a daughterboard with M5205 and a bunch of gluelogic, instead of the standard NEC 7759C
Smart thinking

linear technologies makes a programable oscillator that may be worth looking at.
they also have software to calculate the resistor values for a given frequency.

linear technologies makes a programable oscillator that may be worth looking at.
they also have software to calculate the resistor values for a given frequency.
cool thanks for the tip!

Back