What's new

Blue_Fox

Student
Reaction score
Hello,

I am making reproduction stickers with the goal of having them be as close to the originals as possible at the cheapest price for everyone.

I have made the vector versions based on some originals but still need to get the colors exact.
If anyone can help on with the exact shades for the red and Blue sticker I would greatly appreciate it.

Also if anyone knows what printing process was used for the originals, that would be a great help.
Currently the plan is to get the stickers screen printed and do a large quantity order so we can get the price below 50 cents each.
If people are interested in doing a group buy for these please let me know.

Sticker Designs

Stickers 1.png

The colors I am currently using.
Blue.png
Tan.png

Name​
Red
Black-Red art​
Blue
Black-Blue art​
Total
Confirmed​
Notes​
2​
2​
confirmed​
2 free for helping​
2​
2​
confirmed​
2 free for helping​
1​
1​
confirmed​
2​
2​
[align=center]
[/align]
1​
1​
confirmed​
Updated 11/10/19

Attachments

• Red.png
    Red.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 349
  • Stickers 2.png
    Stickers 2.png
    12 KB · Views: 935
Last edited:
Very nice! I'd take one of the black classic Vewlix styles, my L-AMI has a red entry sticker and that bugs me.
I'm out of red, but I can send you this blue sheet if it will help you match the color/printing process.
xM9qrYy.jpg

@Blue_Fox any chance that "Riverside" in your location is California?

I have both red and blue stickers kicking around spare if you need them for color matching.

Interested in picking up a red 100y, mine has seen better days

I have a Pantone swatch set, but only the blue sticker, not the red.

If you're going to screen print them you're gonna need to give them the Pantone number. You could just bring the stickers to them and have them match too.

There's an online tool, but it's not as good as doing in person: https://www.pantone.com/color-finder#/pick?pantoneBook=pantoneSolidCoated

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, read this for a quick primer: https://glasscanopy.com/whats-difference-rgb-cmyk-spot-pms-colors/

@Blue_Fox any chance that "Riverside" in your location is California?

I have both red and blue stickers kicking around spare if you need them for color matching.
Yes it is, California. :D
I already have a red sticker but a blue sticker would help a lot in matching the color.

Very nice! I'd take one of the black classic Vewlix styles, my L-AMI has a red entry sticker and that bugs me.
I'm out of red, but I can send you this blue sheet if it will help you match the color/printing process.
xM9qrYy.jpg
Thank you, I appreciate your assistance but @rewrite also offered and is a more local source.

I have a Pantone swatch set, but only the blue sticker, not the red.

If you're going to screen print them you're gonna need to give them the Pantone number. You could just bring the stickers to them and have them match too.

There's an online tool, but it's not as good as doing in person: https://www.pantone.com/color-finder#/pick?pantoneBook=pantoneSolidCoated

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, read this for a quick primer: https://glasscanopy.com/whats-difference-rgb-cmyk-spot-pms-colors/
Thank you, I will look more into it.
For printing I was thinking of using Sticker Robot bc I have had a couple of stickers from them and I like the quality but I am also looking into local options.

For printing I was thinking of using Sticker Robot bc I have had a couple of stickers from them and I like the quality but I am also looking into local options.
Sticker Robot will not print what you're looking for. They only do CMYK process, even though it's screened and not digital. They gang up orders into batches to keep costs low, but everyone has the same ink.

You need a place that will do Pantone spot color.

You need a place that will do Pantone spot color.
Thank you, Sticker Giant is one option I found but I will keep looking for other places.
Do you have the Pantone number for the blue, if so can I get the number?

Last edited:
Found a place that does Spot Coloring the quote for 250 of the black classic stickers is $300 or $1.20/ sticker.
The blue and red sticker are more since the red sticker is two colors and they are not standard shades.

Also Since they are the same design but different color I can do a run of 125 blue and 125 black non classic for $1.30/ sticker.
I can also do something similar with the red and Black classic but it will be more since the red sticker has two layers.

Do you have the Pantone number for the blue, if so can I get the number?
I don't have the best lighting in my garage for really comparing, it's hard to do an exact match, and my sticker is aged which doesn't help. I think I'd say 2756C is the closest, 2766C looks a little too dark.

yen-pantone.jpg

I don't have the best lighting in my garage for really comparing, it's hard to do an exact match, and my sticker is aged which doesn't help. I think I'd say 2756C is the closest, 2766C looks a little too dark.
Thank you, I am getting a new quote for 125 of each sticker.

I've been meaning to do this. I forgot again.

Send me a PM @Blue_Fox and I'll leave it unopened so tomorrow when see it, when I go to the post office I will bring it with me.

The reminder plan worked. Stickers are packed and sitting on top of some other boxes that ship out today!

Thank you to @rewrite for the stickers they really helped me get the dimensions exact and @Aurich for the color matching.

The new Quote I got with color matching for 125 of each was $1.40/ sticker for the black and the Blue ones and $2.53/ sticker for the Red.
The red stickers are more expensive because it requires two screens and to match two colors.

I just wanted to gauge interest on what color was most popular. I will probably get 125 of either the blue or one of the black stickers printed first to inspect the quality and see how close they are to the originals.

I'm in for blue! Don't have other vewlixes anymore.

I want a black sticker plz, in old style (aka NOT Diamond).

Last edited by a moderator:
After many quotes the price of production is still high. For blue and black 125 of each is $300 and for 125 red and 125 black it is closer to $500.

Both prices are a bit out of what I am willing to invest for the time but if anyone else wants to take a swing at production I have the files 99% there based on referencing the originals. I plan on printing them in the future but foe now they are just a bit out of my price range.

Progress:
The printing process is faithful to the originals
File are accurate based on scans and measurements of the originals.
Blue sticker is color matched.

Back