Pinned CPS2 Roll-Up Packs: All roms for the CPS2 kit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

AxelK wrote:

xodaraP wrote:

The Spaniard wrote:

Can I ask if anyone has noticed any type of glitch on SFII Anniversary?

I'm not sure but using claw it is very difficult to wall dive in that game choosing SSFII ST version. In fact, I cant even pull it off 99% of the time.

I was wondering if this was my inputs so I loaded SSFIIX and had no issues doing wall dives.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?
      Super 2X != Super Turbo - the Japanese version is a bit different and I believe was updated after the US/World Super Turbo was. There are a few moves that work well in 2X but not so well in Super Turbo.
      There's nothing in the USA or Japanese versions of the original game involving input glitches like this, this only happens in Anniversary Edition.

The Spaniard wrote:

xodaraP wrote:

Super 2X != Super Turbo - the Japanese version is a bit different and I believe was updated after the US/World Super Turbo was. There are a few moves that work well in 2X but not so well in Super Turbo.
      I am using the 15th anniversary pack from the roll up pack selecting the 2X aka ST version of claw but that wall dive was not coming out. Don't know if this is some sort of bug in the code for anniversary edition or not?
      Yes, it's a bug. The bug requires you to input the kick for the wall dive before you press up on the joystick. It only happens with the ST version of the character in HSF2, it doesn't happen in the original game.
      This is actually intentionally done by the programmers to prevent charging for Scarlett Terrors and Wall Dives. Blanka has a similar restriction with his Turbo (or DashT) version. If you want to do that charge move repeatedly you have to choose one or the other. You can initially charge both, but once you decide to go with one, you have to either let go, or decide to hole the other move.

Some other restrictions was the execution of Kara cancel specials as the input leniency was lowered quite a bit for CPS1 characters. I can keep going on, but I think you guys get the point. This game has a lot of nerfed characters/balance changes. I'd rather play the console version of HSF2:AE. Some of the changes allow for a bit better playability.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TechnicalMonkey ().