Pinned CPS2 Roll-Up Packs: All roms for the CPS2 kit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I seem to be having issues with which of the rom packs to use and what the differences are as the number of roms in each folder is inconsistent.

CPS2 Roll-Up Base Pack 2018-04-26.7z Seems to have 72 roms there.

OldCPS2BasePack.7z seems to have only 50 roms.

Looks like if I use the newest rom pack I get a red screen, I guess due to the key writing wires not installed.

There is also :
      Cps2Roll-upBasePack2017-11-19.7z that looks to have that also has 72 roms.

The only one that works so far I believe (as I am now confused as to which I have managed to use) is the Old base pack with 50 roms in there.

All the others dont work for me including the Cps2Roll-upBasePack2017-11-19.7z which has the key files in there.

Can anyone enlighten me on what each pack basically is and which to use? Why does one have 72 and the other 50? Looking to basically put the whole collection (sans doubles, except for like SSFTX and variants) on the SD card and then when I install the key wires use the proper packs for these too.
    • The new pack (you want the one with the April date on it) includes all the original encrypted ROMs and their key files, as well as the ROM hacks with empty key files (Progear Halfway to Hell, Super Turbo training mode, random stage etc.) - I don't think the original decrypted base pack included the ROM hacks which is why the lower number.

There were also a couple of games that haven't been decrypted that are included, I forget what they are.

Roll up base pack 26-4 is the one you want. It has the fixed Progear Halfway to Hell (the empty key file was forgotten on the original base with keys)

Also worth downloading and adding the Punisher and SF2CE conversions - I need to do that on mine...
      Namco Cyber Lead and Sega Astro City owner
      My VAPS Profile
    • xodaraP wrote:

The new pack (you want the one with the April date on it) includes all the original encrypted ROMs and their key files, as well as the ROM hacks with empty key files (Progear Halfway to Hell, Super Turbo training mode, random stage etc.) - I don't think the original decrypted base pack included the ROM hacks which is why the lower number.

There were also a couple of games that haven't been decrypted that are included, I forget what they are.

Roll up base pack 26-4 is the one you want. It has the fixed Progear Halfway to Hell (the empty key file was forgotten on the original base with keys)

Also worth downloading and adding the Punisher and SF2CE conversions - I need to do that on mine...
      Cool, I'll look to add that pack once I've got the key wires installed.

PascalP wrote:

In the previous ‘non-keywriting’ pack there where some games/region excluded which where not decrypted.
      In the key writing pack all games/regions are included based on MAME.

That was my assumption at least and the reason I went for the key writing install :)
      Good, sounds like all the hack versions work on key writing firmware, I guess they just take a empty key file in the folder?
    • Can I ask if anyone has noticed any type of glitch on SFII Anniversary?

I'm not sure but using claw it is very difficult to wall dive in that game choosing SSFII ST version. In fact, I cant even pull it off 99% of the time.

I was wondering if this was my inputs so I loaded SSFIIX and had no issues doing wall dives.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Spaniard ().

• The Spaniard wrote:

Can I ask if anyone has noticed any type of glitch on SFII Anniversary?

I'm not sure but using claw it is very difficult to wall dive in that game choosing SSFII ST version. In fact, I cant even pull it off 99% of the time.

I was wondering if this was my inputs so I loaded SSFIIX and had no issues doing wall dives.

HSF2 has a bug with Claw's wall dive, you have to input the kick or punch before you press up on the stick.
      youtube.com/axelkelly
      twitch.tv/largemann
    • The Spaniard wrote:

Super 2X != Super Turbo - the Japanese version is a bit different and I believe was updated after the US/World Super Turbo was. There are a few moves that work well in 2X but not so well in Super Turbo.
      Namco Cyber Lead and Sega Astro City owner
      My VAPS Profile
    • AxelK wrote:

HSF2 has a bug with Claw's wall dive, you have to input the kick or punch before you press up on the stick.
      Yeah as you mentioned that was with HSF2 but I am selecting ST version or AKA Super 2X version of the character and it is very different from the 2X rom or board.

xodaraP wrote:

Super 2X != Super Turbo - the Japanese version is a bit different and I believe was updated after the US/World Super Turbo was. There are a few moves that work well in 2X but not so well in Super Turbo.
      I am using the 15th anniversary pack from the roll up pack selecting the 2X aka ST version of claw but that wall dive was not coming out. Don't know if this is some sort of bug in the code for anniversary edition or not? ?(
    • xodaraP wrote:

The Spaniard wrote:

There's nothing in the USA or Japanese versions of the original game involving input glitches like this, this only happens in Anniversary Edition.

The Spaniard wrote:

xodaraP wrote:

I am using the 15th anniversary pack from the roll up pack selecting the 2X aka ST version of claw but that wall dive was not coming out. Don't know if this is some sort of bug in the code for anniversary edition or not?
      Yes, it's a bug. The bug requires you to input the kick for the wall dive before you press up on the joystick. It only happens with the ST version of the character in HSF2, it doesn't happen in the original game.
      youtube.com/axelkelly
      twitch.tv/largemann