What's new

Telpherion

Student
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Emiliano from Argentina. I've been collecting boards and learning electronic related stuff from 1 year and I'm happy to be part of the Forum, thanks!

I started doing custom cases to protect, store and display my games. I use acrylic and any laser cut store to doing them. I've created an open repository on GitHub to share all the design with you. On the repository you will find all the instructions and files needed.

You will find very interesting that the case for Killer Instinct board has a cooler to solve the heat problem on the CPU that leads to burn this board usually :) On my tests, the CPU runs almost at environment temperature with the case, will never turn on a Killer Instinct without a cooler over the CPU, the regular CPU temperature really scared me.

Other interesting fact is that you can tell the laser cut store that they engrave the Logos on the acrylic, this looks amazing!

I will keep updating the repository with new designs all the time, so feel free to star the repo and receive a notification when I upload new boards. I've already received some pictures of people using them, so I'm very happy to share this and that it could be useful for others.

The repo is: https://github.com/emilianoarlettaz/arcade-pcb-case

A picture from one design:

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 11.38.35.png

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, the Killer Instinct one looks great.

Look forward to seeing more of your work.

very nice looking case :)
i put a fan on my KI2 as well.

i was wondering how i would make a case with the HDD hooked up....
i'm still lost in thoughts about that :)

but i love what you did !
big thumbs up :D

very nice looking case :)
i put a fan on my KI2 as well.

i was wondering how i would make a case with the HDD hooked up....
i'm still lost in thoughts about that :)

but i love what you did !
big thumbs up :D
Thanks you! :)

On my case, I bought a flash drive to replace the HDD. It is working, but I prefer to use the replacement as regular use and keep the original for preservation. On this web http://arcadecup.com/ you can find a really good drive. The case was designed for this kind of HDD replacement.

I've seen your work on a Facebook group, already told you, but, it is AMAZING!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 09.53.25.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 09.53.25.png
    658.5 KB · Views: 435
We just all working hard so that those precious pcb gets the house they rightfully deserve :)

hello emiliano you would have a design that has space for the hard diskand if you have design for mortal kombat 2 of 4mb and 8mb,Excellent work dear.

hello emiliano you would have a design that has space for the hard diskand if you have design for mortal kombat 2 of 4mb and 8mb,Excellent work dear.
Hahaha didn't know you were on this forum. I will do the design ASAP!

Muchas Gracias Emiliano.

Very nice solution and thanks for sharing these.

Un abrazo.

These are awesome! I’d like to design a case myself. What program did you use to draw up your plans?

I manged to design a plexi using Moi3d's vector tools. Did the logo and even used the formatting that you did here that I like so much for the company/year. Do you have a suggestion for places to get them cut? Thanks!

-Dane

I manged to design a plexi using Moi3d's vector tools. Did the logo and even used the formatting that you did here that I like so much for the company/year. Do you have a suggestion for places to get them cut? Thanks!

-Dane
Hi, glad to hear that! I've just used local stores to cut, there are a lot of them here, so I can't recommend any at your location. If you would like to contribute with your design feel free to open a Pull Request on the Git repository or send me the files and I will upload them. Cheers!

-Dane
I've had Pololu do acrylic laser cutting and etching for me and they've done a great job.

-Dane
I've had Pololu do acrylic laser cutting and etching for me and they've done a great job.
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I ended up trying out ponoko.com. It seemed a little on the expenisve side but their tools and upload process were good. I'll look into Pololu for my next one.

Thank you very much for the designs @Telpherion!!
Had the acrylics made by PlexiLaser in Germany for my KI PCB and they came out absolutely gorgeous :)

image0.jpg
You're welcome! That board looks amazing! And with the cooler you can play without worried about temperature. I will never play again a KI board without cooler, the temperature on that CPU is really high :(

Back