What's new
Hi all! I'm Emiliano from Argentina. I've been collecting boards and learning electronic related stuff from 1 year and I'm happy to be part of the Forum, thanks!

I started doing custom cases to protect, store and display my games. I use acrylic and any laser cut store to doing them. I've created an open repository on GitHub to share all the design with you. On the repository you will find all the instructions and files needed.

You will find very interesting that the case for Killer Instinct board has a cooler to solve the heat problem on the CPU that leads to burn this board usually :) On my tests, the CPU runs almost at environment temperature with the case, will never turn on a Killer Instinct without a cooler over the CPU, the regular CPU temperature really scared me.

Other interesting fact is that you can tell the laser cut store that they engrave the Logos on the acrylic, this looks amazing!

I will keep updating the repository with new designs all the time, so feel free to star the repo and receive a notification when I upload new boards. I've already received some pictures of people using them, so I'm very happy to share this and that it could be useful for others.

The repo is: https://github.com/emilianoarlettaz/arcade-pcb-case

A picture from one design:

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 11.38.35.png
Hey @Telpherion, thanks so much for sharing these for FREE. Postage for these cases have stopped me from getting them from sellers in the past, but there’s a lot of plastic places everywhere who do custom jobs, usually with offcuts which make it cheaper (I believe an etched case will only cost me $35 USD + $5-10 in washers and offsets).
Your repository is much appreciated. Do you have somewhere people can donate money for all your hard work?

I have just sent the CPS-1 case off to get printed, and am looking to get TMNT, Simpson’s and Sunset Riders done. I will post pics as they’re done. Hopefully you continue on with this project. Thanks again.
Thanks! :) My plan is to continue adding games to the repo, I have a lot of boards that still need one. I've been very bussy this last weeks, but will continue with this ASAP. Just enjoy the cases and post pictures to see the results :) For CPS1 I plan to do a lot of games soon.

M92 (Right now R-Type Leo, but soon hopefully multi!)
Oh man, forgot about the M92, i have so many of those boards lol, i should make a case. Any ideas!
As for a multi, yeah, it is something special indeed ;)
I have on the repo a case for M107 and other for Air Assault. I think should be almost the same for M92. I have Ninja Baseball, Gunforce and Thunder Blaster, so I plan to add those to the repo as soon as I have a little free time.

For Killer Instinc:
The Male/Female standoff for the top is 40mm long.
Te Male/Male standoff for the bottom is 8mm long.

And this is where I bought the parts:

Female/Female Standoff
aliexpress.com/item/3286996905…042311.0.0.27424c4dhjdhx2

Male/Female Standoff
aliexpress.com/item/3287093818…042311.0.0.27424c4dhjdhx2

Screws
aliexpress.com/item/3280359383…042311.0.0.27424c4dTbgLfm

Legs
aliexpress.com/item/3292119885…042311.0.0.27424c4dTbgLfm

Separators
aliexpress.com/item/3288825773…042311.0.0.27424c4du0UCQt

Thanks for the links to the parts, very helpful. Looking forward to the M92 and CPS-1 cases too.

Will post pics soon. BTW, I got my plastics place to make some adjustments to the CPS-1 case to allow for use of the buttons on the aje_fr multi. If they are line up ok, I will share the measurements for your repository if you like.

Thanks again!

I was looking for the MK template as it may be useful for a Smash TV board.

I'd love one to suit MK2 if it allows for the full stack

They are a bit on the expensive side, but its a fair cost though if you are doing it as a business.
What I want is some cases for boards Highflow hasn't got...
  • Bubble Bobble (RomStar)
  • Super Buster Bros. (Capcom/Mitchel)
  • M92 (Right now R-Type Leo, but soon hopefully multi!)
I know most of you aren't crazy for BB, but to me it was a grail game and I'm so happy to own it NEEDS a case!
Super Buster is about keeping it protected/operational, I've already invested in the Kubuki Infinikey so might as well go all the way.
Do you own those boards? if so send Freddy an email with dimensions etc and he should be able to make you one. That's what I just had done for a couple of boards which weren't on the store (also sent my own artwork/logos to be etched).

This thread is majorly derailed and becoming hard to follow. Lots of cases and info not applicable to the original post. Perhaps a separate post related to “for purchase” cases from highflow, jansens, etc. could be started.

That way this free and open source “print-your-own” project that @Telpherion has kindly shared can have its little place for focused discussion?

Paging @Darksoft for moderation.

Last edited:
They are a bit on the expensive side, but its a fair cost though if you are doing it as a business.
What I want is some cases for boards Highflow hasn't got...
  • Bubble Bobble (RomStar)
  • Super Buster Bros. (Capcom/Mitchel)
  • M92 (Right now R-Type Leo, but soon hopefully multi!)
I know most of you aren't crazy for BB, but to me it was a grail game and I'm so happy to own it NEEDS a case!
Super Buster is about keeping it protected/operational, I've already invested in the Kubuki Infinikey so might as well go all the way.
Do you own those boards? if so send Freddy an email with dimensions etc and he should be able to make you one. That's what I just had done for a couple of boards which weren't on the store (also sent my own artwork/logos to be etched).
I could provide the dimensions of
Super Burgetime
Double Dragon 3
NBA Jam TE
Smash TV
Sould Edge
Street Fighter EX
Arkanoid
Ninja Gaiden

This thread is majorly derailed and becoming hard to follow. Lots of cases and info not applicable to the original post. Perhaps a separate post related to “for purchase” cases from highflow, jansens, etc. could be started.

That way this free and open source “print-your-own” project that @Telpherion has kindly shared can have its little place for focused discussion?

How is it becoming majorly derailed?? We are talking about custom acrylic cases! There will always be some type of discussion/cross information shared from other makers, etc in these types of threads. Its the natural course these topics take. @Telpherion can get ideas of other cases he can make/share. @Escarioth and others have a agreed to share dimensions, etc. Just dont see how this is derailing this thread. Dont see how its hard to follow/read when he has all his info on his github, and he makes update posts of new cases/shares.

Had assumed because @Telpherion started this thread in the Project Showcase section, it would be solely related to his own cases and work.

Its only hard to follow because theres a majority of information and discussion about cases not in his repository yet. But, all good, carry on. Will be real nice to see if some of the cases discussed can be added and shared to him and his project so people can get them made up :)

This thread is majorly derailed and becoming hard to follow.
I think some people have just read the thread title and not paid attention to where this thread is posted and what the first point is about.

@Telpherion can we change the thread topic to something like "Free Custom Acrylic Case Plans for PCBs" ?

This thread could be a great chance for the community to learn how to measure and layout some vectors and contribute to Telpherion's repository :)

Using the report content button on every post is the best way to get attention to post/thread

@Telpherion - Thanks so much mate! If you would like to add this version of the CPS-1 case to your repository (for the aje_fr multi), just let me know. I can send you the exact measurements I used for the button access.

I'm yet to order the proper hardware (spacers and feet) to put this together properly, but it was a real breeze to get this made. Price point in Australia was just $30 USD / $40 AUD too.

cpscase-1.JPG

cpscase-2.JPG

cpscase-3.JPG

@Telpherion - Thanks so much mate! If you would like to add this version of the CPS-1 case to your repository (for the aje_fr multi), just let me know. I can send you the exact measurements I used for the button access.

I'm yet to order the proper hardware (spacers and feet) to put this together properly, but it was a real breeze to get this made. Price point in Australia was just $30 USD / $40 AUD too.

cpscase-1.JPG

cpscase-2.JPG

cpscase-3.JPG
That looks great! Yes, please send me the measures or the file and I will add it to the repo. If you want to create a Pull Request on the repo too, feel free to contribute :)

For the bottom part I use 8mm standoff. That is enough and will make the whole case more compact.
For the top you will need to play a little bit, there is many options to mount the CPS1

Will contribute to the git soon.

Ordering standoffs tomorrow. Did you have the standoff sizes & quantaties for Simpsons/TMNT/Sunset Riders handy?

Will contribute to the git soon.

Ordering standoffs tomorrow. Did you have the standoff sizes & quantaties for Simpsons/TMNT/Sunset Riders handy?
Great!

For almos all Konami boards I use 8mm on the bottom and 30mm on the top. You need 30mm on top because the Audio Heatsink. You will need 6 standoff for the bottom and 6 for the top.

Got the TMNT and Simpsons Plexi's from this repository cut on the weekend. Also got a shipment of standoffs, spacers and washers off Aliexpress (still waiting on rubber feet and hex screws). I mounted the CPS-1 multi properly this time, for reference the 6 front screws on the "A-Board" are 45mm and the ones on the "B-Board" are 25mm.

Also, using 8mm spacers for the bottom is really tidy but I had to remove the bottom plate on my Sentinel Supergun for the TMNT and Simpsons case to fit the Jamma connector. The CPS-1 seemed to handle it ok because the JAMMA edge is closer to the end of the arcylic.

Also, the plastics place messed up and forgot two of the letter "a" on the TMNT case (Teenage Mut nt Ninj Turtles), they're going to fix it and re-cut it though. Thanks for the hookup again @Telpherion

cases.JPG

simpsons.JPG

tmnt.JPG

cases2.JPG

cps-1.JPG

cases3.JPG

Got the TMNT and Simpsons Plexi's from this repository cut on the weekend. Also got a shipment of standoffs, spacers and washers off Aliexpress (still waiting on rubber feet and hex screws). I mounted the CPS-1 multi properly this time, for reference the 6 front screws on the "A-Board" are 45mm and the ones on the "B-Board" are 25mm.

Also, using 8mm spacers for the bottom is really tidy but I had to remove the bottom plate on my Sentinel Supergun for the TMNT and Simpsons case to fit the Jamma connector. The CPS-1 seemed to handle it ok because the JAMMA edge is closer to the end of the arcylic.

Also, the plastics place messed up and forgot two of the letter "a" on the TMNT case (Teenage Mut nt Ninj Turtles), they're going to fix it and re-cut it though. Thanks for the hookup again @Telpherion
They look really sweet! I'm behind schedule and the plexis are in short supply. I'll be sharing mine as I get them done.

Back