What's new
These are awesome, I’m just getting started in this hobby and only have a street fighter II pcb and an mvs one slot with a couple games. Would love to do this kind of treatment for SFII and any future pcbs. Great work!

I have had a few of these cases made and I really like them.

I was wondering, though, if anyone had case designs for a few boards that I would like to put in cases:

NBA Jam TE (with sound board)
Gradius III
R-Type II

I was wondering, though, if anyone had case designs for a few boards that I would like to put in cases:

Gradius III
R-Type II
I expect to do for NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat 2 (same board I think) shortly, because I have both of them.

What board file would I use for creating a street fighter II design (unless one is coming). I see the CPS1 files are all “small” and some are “multi” but I don’t see the “big” files mentioned in the readme. Would a typical 3 board CPS1 be big?

I don’t have an illustrator license so I’ve been trying to open these with a couple other apps (e.g. Inkscape) but they are blank even with the Ghostscript plugin. Do people have any recommendations for open source / free EPS editors? Thanks!

Edit: Got it working with Gimp. Seems the generic CPS1 files don't have holes marked for the posts like the game specific ones? I have no idea what I'm doing, any chance you are planning on doing a Street Fighter II file or a generic CPS1 like highflow.nl? Probably better to wait for a pro to do this so I don't give a garbage file to an acrylic cutting service and end up with holes in all the wrong places.

Last edited:
Hi @GamingDoyle could you please post pictures of your board? (A + B + C mounted together) because japanese and USA or Euro can be different on B board holes. I own the Japanese verison of SF2, my plan is to do some design in a few days. Also the A board can be long or short, independently of the B board region version.

@Yami I just added a CPS2 design of 3 pieces: 2 for the A board, and 1 for the B (game) board. Let me know what you think. I attach the pictures here, you can find the files on https://github.com/emilianoarlettaz/arcade-pcb-case/tree/master/boards/capcom_cps_2

@Headlocked MK4 is next :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 21.44.08.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 21.44.08.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 23.01.07.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 23.01.07.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 183
<p>
It’s the USA version, it’s okay though you don’t have to go crazy trying to figure it out for my sake if it’s a pain since our boards are different. When you create these, how do you figure out how to place the holes? Pick a size for the acrylic and the measure in?
</p>

11e9c9fb-cc4d-4bba-a418-bfbcd0cf2d3f

Out of curiosity how will you deal with the sound board for Mortal Kombat II?

Gradius III
R-Type II
I expect to do for NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat 2 (same board I think) shortly, because I have both of them.

@GamingDoyle don't worry, just post pictures of the board when have some time. I have other games with USA version and many share the same B board, so it can be done.

Regarding the process, I start measuring the board outline and trace a rectangle to work from that. Then I create several auxiliar rectangles to position the holes. After all is in place, I just delete all auxiliar rectangles and left the holes and stuff. See the attached image for the CPS2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 13.46.32.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 13.46.32.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 147
So the entire SFII board (the A board on the bottom of the stack) is 24cm x 30cm (not including the jamma connector)
If I measure the distance from the center of the holes on the edges its 23cm x 29cm

uc

uc

uc

So the entire SFII board (the A board on the bottom of the stack) is 24cm x 30cm (not including the jamma connector)
If I measure the distance from the center of the holes on the edges its 23cm x 29cm
Thats a short A-board, it has the same footprint as the Dash A-board... Long A-board is the oddball/different.

@Telpherion Just a quick question : what's the purpose of these 4 square holes in every bottom plate ?
I was thinking in some kind of hang on the boards inside the cabinet, and being able to exchange quickly games with these cases. So inside the cabinet, on one side put 4 clips or something like that, so you can just hang the board there and connect the jamma harness. They are all the same size in all boards and are centered.

Hey @Telpherion -- fancy jigging your CPS-1 case to work with the multi? I've got a couple bare here that could use some Plexi's...

Back