What's new

Sp33dFr34k

Champion
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a MV-1C here with a weird issue.

First of all, it runs a Neobiosmasta with Unibios 4.0. When I boot it up all is well (hardware test failed, but I guess that is due to not having a battery). Coinup doesn't work, you can use the coin chute or button 5 and you can hear the credit sound and the meter go, but the game doesn't coin up. Every now and then the meter randomly ups itself about 4 times.

I have a 1FZ and that one works perfectly well on the same cab, same game.

When inspecting the board, I found that U10 looks kinda fishy, does anybody know what this one does? Perhaps it's related?

That is battery corrosion.... which probably explains why there's no battery left on the board. ( it was removed )

You need to neutralize this with vinegar or it will continue to spread.You can use mustard to better control where you apply it :D

Clean everything up and make sure there are no shorts between the traces but that u10 will probably need to be replaced.

not good enough.
you need to remove the chip and clean up the board.

2 things - 1: dont use IMGUR - it wont work on some browsers.
2: a missing or dead battery wont cause a hardware error - if uni-bios says you have a hardware error then you do!

not good enough.
you need to remove the chip and clean up the board.

2 things - 1: dont use IMGUR - it wont work on some browsers.
2: a missing or dead battery wont cause a hardware error - if uni-bios says you have a hardware error then you do!
what modern browser has issues with imgur?

opera beta for a start.
IMGUR uses cookies to try to block hotlinking - good browsers dont let sites see each others cookies.

2: if uni-bios says you have a hardware error then you do!
Looks like I need to try that then: got a board which boots to the cross hatch and I've cleaned both connectors and nada

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've tried loosening it up, but it's stuck pretty good, maybe glued down. Would you advise trying to remove it with hot air? Until now all I did was desolder the legs, but it just doesn't wanna budge.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've tried loosening it up, but it's stuck pretty good, maybe glued down. Would you advise trying to remove it with hot air? Until now all I did was desolder the legs, but it just doesn't wanna budge.
Yes brother , with hot air you will make it ^^

it's a resin,
heat the chip with hot air and after the solder melts - twist it with the tweezers.

Back