What's new

carvd

Beginner
Reaction score
So got a little free time over the weekend, and finally finished this thing off. Everything went well after discovering the paint inside was conductive. Already got a second one started. Still on the fence about what I want to do with the sound. I still have plenty of room left over for an amp inside, but not sure what route I will take.

Tommy

Attachments

• 20191104_1831422.jpg
    20191104_1831422.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 327
  • 20191104_183158.jpg
    20191104_183158.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 20191104_183217.jpg
    20191104_183217.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 20191104_183250.jpg
    20191104_183250.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 233
  • 20191104_183150.jpg
    20191104_183150.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 339
So got a little free time over the weekend, and finally finished this thing off. Everything went well after discovering the paint inside was conductive. Already got a second one started. Still on the fence about what I want to do with the sound. I still have plenty of room left over for an amp inside, but not sure what route I will take.

Tommy
Nice work.
Now, it's time to graduate to the multi.
This Naomi should take you for a ride...

Nice work! Details on what you did with the PSU and controls?

With as many cabs as I have, some projects like these still manage to turn my head.

Really nice job, @carvd. Came out great.

Still on the fence about what I want to do with the sound. I still have plenty of room left over for an amp inside, but not sure what route I will take.

Tommy
The stereo connectors on the side are line level out, you can plug them into a TV or a separate amplifier/speaker set.

Or are you trying to power speakers directly from the Naomi?

Anyway, great job on the consolization.

Appreciate the comments everyone.

To answer a few questions,

I will open it up and take some inside shots for you all here soon.

The power supply I used was a Pico 160 watt

The controllers I did with half of a Dreamcast port, from a DC that wouldn't read games at all anymore. Had it setting around the last year or so. I split those in half, then dremeled the board down to remove any connections except the 5 needed ones. Then I used the 3 holes that were still there on the board to mount with those bolts you see in the picture. I didn't want it going anywhere in case someone got salty and ripped the controller from the port...it happens I mean its marvel.

Thirdly, as for the sound. I know that the audio out is on the front, but I am not sure if I want to put a built in amp, or just use an external. Some of the smaller, not to badly priced speakers sound really good now, and they would def fit inside there. But I don't know yet. The only downside I see to that would be slightly more heat, and the possibility of loose connections from any small vibrations going on. The only reason I considered putting speakers and an amp in there is because none of the crt monitors I use have speakers on them. The monitor in the picture is just a smaller test monitor I keep in my shop. And it would be one less thing to lug around.

Anyways I already have a second Naomi ready to start another mod for, not sure what I want to do with it yet. I could have had a multi Naomi 2 setup, but I opted for this one instead. Used to have an mvc2 Naomi setup years ago in a Neo candy 29 and sold it back in 2005. Been kicking myself ever since. This time I was going to build a head to head setup from scratch in a sit down candy style cab only with crt monitors, but the more I thought about it. This setup just made more sense. Everyone that plays marvel basically uses a different stick, some like Sanwa, some Happ style so this was the best option. Plus now I can take it with me if I want to travel to their houses to play. When I figure out what I'm doing with the next one I will be sure to post updates.

Tommy

Back