What's new

streetfighterken

Grand Master
Reaction score
Suspected bad motherboard in my Red EX.

According to this, Red is possibly lower-end? Does that mean a Yellow may work in my Red? I would be using all other components from my Red (hdd, cards, ram).

Should work fine - I don’t believe any actual components on the mobo are different. The processors are different, but if your moving to yellow (P4 I think) from red it should run fine.

Best I can figure out the motherboard should be the same but a lot of the peripherals are different. You will need to reuse your CF card, video card, cpu, and ram since all of these things varied depending on color. If you give it a try let us know how it goes for future reference. Lindbergh is on my bucket list and I am trying to educate myself as much as possible.

So the mobo is compatible with both the Pentium and Celeron used in Yellow and Red respectively?

Correct. Only difference really between red + yellow that isn't the video card / ram is the processor. So the motherboard will take either one, and that'll effectively define if that motherboard is a red or yellow lindbergh.

the motherboards are the same, but there are several bios revisions, if you dont have the latest it may say it cant recognise the processor.

Update. Used a Yellow MB (and cpu) with all of the Red guts from Rambo and it is working. Some slowdown during intense action but not sure if that's just normal for the game.

put the faster of the 2 cpu's in.

if it complains, flash the latest bios - i put most of them in mame.

Back