Tmnt / TMHT question :)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tmnt / TMHT question :)

I will have a Teenage mutant hero turtles pcb.

being currently limited to only 2 players for my cab i was planing on changing the 4 chips to be able to play
      any of the caracters. (ill keep the originals just in case)

Since i use a *Hero* type and not a *ninja*
      can i use the 2p ninja version in ?
      or it's not the same
      8o My Arcade collection - I'm having fun creating aluminum cases, if you're interested to look at them or have one, drop in have a look

http://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?thread/8924-astérix-case
    • i also have a tmnt 4 player that i want to convert to 2 players - can somebody please point me to the four roms that i would need for this?

i thought this would be a good opportunity to use my top 300 again ;)

Thanks!
      Darksoft: CPS2, MVS, Taito F3, Sega ST-V
      Apocalypse: Irem M72
      Others: Naomi Netboot, Taito GNet
      RGB: HAS 3.1
      Frank_fjs: Sentinel Supergun, 4xMD2NEO (2 old, 2 new), 2xSNES2NEO, Jamma Extender w. Kick extension
      XianXi: Spitfire
      Cab: Sega Blast City (2930), Sega New Astro City
      VAPS
    • nem wrote:

Seems like there isn't a 2P version of the US region release?
      USA release always used the official 4-player cab (wasn't available as a conversion kit). ;)

I had been told the same thing about USA Turtles In Time (not available in kit form) but then someone posted a picture of one!
      Complete with NoS art/etc, wow it was nice looking! 8o

So I guess it DID exist, it was just rare as fuck...
      But worth noting, the kit was still the 4p version and based on the art it was designed to convert a official 4-p TMNT cab.

I suppose this follows some kind of logic in that Konami only sold the first game in USA region complete with cab, but offered the upgrade to TiT for existing owners (on a limited basis).
      What you never see in USA is a Dynamo cab with TMNT in it (unless its some homemade hackjob).

In MAME the "Oceania 2 Players, version unknown" (tmnt2po.zip) is the English 2p TMNT (because we don't want Hero in our Turtles and we don't speak Japanese).
      Darksoft/Apocalypse: CPS2, CPS3, F3-β, MVS, S16-β
      RGB: RECO v2
      invzim: Jammafier v1.6b
      XianXi: JNX Raiden, SC Taito Classic, SC Sega System 16/24, Namco System 11/12 KHA
      Frank_fjs: JAMMA Extender (Special HAS Edition)

The post was edited 8 times, last by jassin000 ().

• All 2p versions of the ROM support a DIP for single shoot I'm like 99.9% sure (I just forget which one, go flipping around based on the known 4p dips).
      XianXi: JNX Raiden, SC Taito Classic, SC Sega System 16/24, Namco System 11/12 KHA

The post was edited 1 time, last by jassin000 ().

• hmmm my mame set from PD doesn't contain the 2 Player roms - could anyone help me out? ||
      Frank_fjs: Sentinel Supergun, 4xMD2NEO (2 old, 2 new), 2xSNES2NEO, Jamma Extender w. Kick extension
      VAPS
    • MoppelTheWhale wrote:

hmmm my mame set from PD doesn't contain the 2 Player roms - could anyone help me out?
      go get a pleasuredome account my man and browse the complete list of available packages.
      you can use the "force recheck" feature (this will take a while) of most torrent clients to recheck the hashes (download destination must be named the same) of your existing files so you don't repeat download data.

The post was edited 3 times, last by jassin000 ().

• with PD i meant Pleasuredome, and i`ve got set 207 till 215 complete on my pc (i just use non-merged...) and it says 100% complete

UPDATE:

ah, seems like they are named tmnt2po, tmnt2pj or tmht2p now
      VAPS

The post was edited 2 times, last by MoppelTheWhale ().