What's new

Escarioth

Grand Master
Reaction score
I will have a Teenage mutant hero turtles pcb.

being currently limited to only 2 players for my cab i was planing on changing the 4 chips to be able to play
any of the caracters. (ill keep the originals just in case)

Since i use a *Hero* type and not a *ninja*
can i use the 2p ninja version in ?
or it's not the same

It's just the four program roms that differ between regions and 2P / 4P versions, everything else is the same on the board. So yes, you can use the 2P Ninja roms.

i also have a tmnt 4 player that i want to convert to 2 players - can somebody please point me to the four roms that i would need for this?

i thought this would be a good opportunity to use my top 300 again ;)

Thanks!

tmht2p.zip for Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (UK 2 Players, version U)
tmnt2p.zip for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Japan 2 Players, version 1)

Seems like there isn't a 2P version of the US region release?

Anyway, download either of those files and you have your four roms.

Seems like there isn't a 2P version of the US region release?
USA release always used the official 4-player cab (wasn't available as a conversion kit). ;)

I had been told the same thing about USA Turtles In Time (not available in kit form) but then someone posted a picture of one!
Complete with NoS art/etc, wow it was nice looking! 8o

So I guess it DID exist, it was just rare as fuck...
But worth noting, the kit was still the 4p version and based on the art it was designed to convert a official 4-p TMNT cab.

I suppose this follows some kind of logic in that Konami only sold the first game in USA region complete with cab, but offered the upgrade to TiT for existing owners (on a limited basis).
What you never see in USA is a Dynamo cab with TMNT in it (unless its some homemade hackjob).

In MAME the "Oceania 2 Players, version unknown" (tmnt2po.zip) is the English 2p TMNT (because we don't want Hero in our Turtles and we don't speak Japanese).

Last edited by a moderator:
All 2p versions of the ROM support a DIP for single shoot I'm like 99.9% sure (I just forget which one, go flipping around based on the known 4p dips).

hmmm my mame set from PD doesn't contain the 2 Player roms - could anyone help me out? ||

hmmm my mame set from PD doesn't contain the 2 Player roms - could anyone help me out?
go get a pleasuredome account my man and browse the complete list of available packages.
you can use the "force recheck" feature (this will take a while) of most torrent clients to recheck the hashes (download destination must be named the same) of your existing files so you don't repeat download data.
J2SOSy5.png

with PD i meant Pleasuredome, and i`ve got set 207 till 215 complete on my pc (i just use non-merged...) and it says 100% complete

UPDATE:

ah, seems like they are named tmnt2po, tmnt2pj or tmht2p now

Last edited:
Back