What's new

Arthrimus

Champion
Reaction score
This is an updated first post reflecting the current status of the project. The original post is preserved behind the spoiler tag down below.

Vewlix-Console-IO-V3-2.png

The Vewlix Console I/O V3 is a drop in I/O for the Vewlix control panel that allows you to easily connect 2 Brook fighting boards, or other compatible controller PCBs to your Vewlix controls without any custom wiring or modifications needed. This is a convenient and feature rich option for those who wish run consoles or PCs in their Vewlix cabinets.
Features:
  • Adapts the Vewlix "G" control panel wiring harness to 2x 20 pin headers for connecting Brook or other compatible arcade stick PCBs.
  • Home/Select/Touchpad/L3/R3 button emulation via button combinations.
  • Custom button mapping of the coin switch of the coin mechanism.
  • Coin switch iterates your cabinet's built in coin counter.
  • 6 pin JST XH auxiliary wiring harness connector for connecting home and select buttons to an external button panel.
  • 2X 4 pin JST PH connectors for wiring the touchpad emulation to your player 1 and 2 Brook fighting boards.
  • Power passthrough for 12V from the cabinet power supply, and 5v from the controller PCB power.
  • Diodes on the power lines to isolate the 2 controller PCBs from one another.
  • Drop in replacement for a Vewlix I/O.
Button Combos for Select/Home/L3/R3/Touchpad button emulation:
  • Select = B1 + B2 + Start
  • Home = B2 + B3 + Start
  • Touchpad Button = B1 + B2 + B3 + Start
  • L3 = B4 +B5 + Start
  • R3 = B5 + B6 + Start
Coin Mechanism Buttonmapping:
You can map the coin mechanism to trigger a button press by pressing and holding one of the following button combos while powering on your Console I/O.
  • Start = Start
  • Select = B1 + B2
  • Home = B2 + B3
  • Touchpad Button = B1 + B2 + B3
  • L3 = B4 + B5
  • R3 = B5 + B6
Other Functions:
  • Coin Counter control. The PCB is wired so that the coin counter will properly iterate any time the coin mechanism is triggered.
  • Home/Select/Touchpad/L3/R3 emulation enable/disable. You can toggle the button emulation function on or off by pressing and holding B1+B2+B3+Start while powering on the Console I/O

Price and Ordering Info:
  • Base Price $39.99 USD, With L3/R3/TP Button Cables $44.99 USD
  • Order here!

Console I/O V2 and V2.1
kd2c5wa.jpg

The Vewlix Console I/O is a drop in I/O for the Vewlix control panel that allows you to easily connect 2 Brook fighting boards, or other compatible controller PCBs to your Vewlix controls without any custom wiring or modifications needed. This is a convenient and feature rich option for those who wish run consoles or PCs in their Vewlix cabinets.
Features:
  • Adapts the Vewlix "G" control panel wiring harness to 2x 20 pin headers for connecting Brook or other compatible arcade stick PCBs.
  • Home/Select/Touchpad button emulation via button combinations.
  • Custom button mapping of the coin switch of the coin mechanism.
  • Coin switch iterates your cabinet's built in coin counter.
  • 6 pin JST XH auxiliary wiring harness connector for connecting home and select buttons to an external button panel.
  • 2X 4 pin JST PH connectors for wiring the touchpad emulation to your player 1 and 2 Brook fighting boards.
  • Power passthrough for 12V from the cabinet power supply, and 5v from the controller PCB power.
Button Combos for Select/Home/Touchpad button emulation:
  • Select = B1 + B2 + Start
  • Home = B2 + B3 + Start
  • Touchpad Button = B1+B2+B3+Start
Coin Mechanism Buttonmapping:
You can map the coin mechanism to trigger a button press by pressing and holding one of the following button combos while powering on your Console I/O.
  • Start = Start
  • Select = B1+B2
  • Home = B2+B3
  • Touchpad Button = B1+B2+B3
Other Functions:
  • Coin Counter control. The PCB is wired so that the coin counter will properly iterate any time the coin mechanism is triggered.
  • Home/Select/Touchpad emulation enable/disable. You can toggle the button emulation function on or off by pressing and holding B1+B2+B3+Start while powering on the Console I/O

Price and Ordering Info:
Console I/O V1
I'm at it again! This time I have a Vewlix IO replacement that adapts the 20 pin connector of the Brook fighting board line or my own MC Cthulhu EZ PCBs to your Vewlix control panel harness in much the same way as the Console JAMMAizer does. This is probably the easiest way to get a Vewlix running on a PC, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX One.
5lDsKbI.jpg

Features:
  • Integrated microcontroller for Select and Home button emulation via button combo.
  • Auxiliary wiring harness connector for connecting home and select buttons to an external button panel.

I have tested all player 1 controls and functions, but I have not had a chance to test player 2. I currently only have a single player control panel in my Vewlix. I'll probably end up sending one of these out to another Vewlix owner for further testing. Once It's confirmed working we'll see what demand looks like to manufacture some of these. Let me know what you think!

ZT3U1EG.jpg

Last edited:
Integrated microcontroller for Select and Home button emulation via button combo.
Nice! That's really handy for people with consoles.

I just made a new JST harness to plug my existing panel into the Brook, a lot easier than your solution and just as reversible, even leaves the existing IO in place. But the home button thing can be a pain for sure.

I have an RFID project that takes a card that sends an alt-f4 for games that need Select to quit, so I'm good now, but without that I was a bit stuck even on a PC.

Haha you are at it again, very cool! Definitely interested in one.

Very nice project! Definitely interested in one.

We are gonna need a G1 harness selector for all these nice addons you are creating
Ha there's an idea!
someone figure out how I can fit RFID, JVS IO, Fast IO, extra buttons, and this thing all in my CP with selector switches ;)
Working on it :D Im sure we will get some iteration of something that will do most of this :)

Well I guess I’m interested then too...

Awesome work Arthrimus! Love all the products you're coming out with. I'm interested in at least 2 of these.

Ill take 2 please.

We are gonna need a G1 harness selector for all these nice addons you are creating :thumbsup:
That's an awesome idea. Maybe even make it modular so you can add more G1's connectors as needed.

Excellent idea! Would be interested in one too if it properly increments the coin counter.

Will definitely get these when I get my Vewlix's :) Amazing work as always.

@Arthrimus Say I have a Chewlix that is wired for a Sega 837-14572 I/O what would I need to do to make that pin-out compatible with this board?

Sega 837-14572 JVS - 8 button confirm.jpg

IMG_20191101_172009143_2.jpg

Back