What's new
Just received the Vewlix Console I/O and couldn’t help doing a test fit. I’m planning on stacking the Brook Fighting 4in1 and Retro Board together.

Thanks again @Arthrimus. Love all of the cool arcade products you’re making. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 0797E239-7371-44CF-B164-4959033F1787.jpeg
    0797E239-7371-44CF-B164-4959033F1787.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 365
  • BD07E1F0-0DEE-4AE6-ABE8-2434EAF6B343.jpeg
    BD07E1F0-0DEE-4AE6-ABE8-2434EAF6B343.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 403
Mine arrived today. I have your sega io adapter in the vewlix right now for some ringedge action so I won’t be installing it for a bit, but I’m glad to have it!

Just received the Vewlix Console I/O and couldn’t help doing a test fit. I’m planning on stacking the Brook Fighting 4in1 and Retro Board together.
how will you make them link together?

how will you make them link together?
They are made to stack. You can switch between them via toggle switch or button combo.

Attachments

• BROOKRETROPLUSAUDIOTECHPACK_1024x1024.png
    BROOKRETROPLUSAUDIOTECHPACK_1024x1024.png
    759.3 KB · Views: 350
Hi @Arthrimus, how do I go about wiring up for a button for select/home? How does the home/select emulation work?

Home/select emulation works using the following button combinations:

Select = B1 + B2 + Start
Home = B2 + B3 + Start

If you wish to wire up physical home and select buttons directly to the board you need a JST XH 6 pin cable crimped with quick disconnects on one end. Simply follow the pinout printed on the PCB below the connector.

Hey folks, So based on some feedback I've received on the original Vewlix Console I/O I've made some adjustments to the design and all new Console I/Os that I produce will incorporate these changes. The main difference is the switch to a larger microcontroller with more I/O pins available. This allows me to add several new features.
  1. The additional I/O pins allowed me to add touchpad button emulation for PS4 users. Now there are 2 JST PH-4 headers which can be connected to the TPKEY header of any of Brook's PS4 capable fighting boards.
  2. The new I/O also detects the coin mech and can properly iterate the coin meter. This will also allow coin to be mapped to one of the emulated button functions if desired.
The new PCBs have already been manufactured and delivered to me, I'm just waiting for a component order from Digikey to assemble and test one, as well as implement the new features in the code. Once those items are taken care of orders will open again.

jl9pnbC.jpg

Alright! Let me know and I'll take one.

Hopefully Chinese New Year does not stifle your Digikey order.

Last edited:
Super stoked for these changes! I would like two when they are available.

Aw man! Wish I had held out for these. Was gonna wire up the TP button manually to the UFB. :/

Would love to be added to the list! Looking to purchase 2 for now. Thanks again for the good work!

Back