What's new
@Crimson Kino if your Diamond is complete working for 1player all you need to do is add a K harness (thats what Taito calls it).
I believe @Lemony Vengeance still makes these for a reasonable price.

You CAN order directly from Taito, but they won't sell you just the K.
You'll be forced to buy the entire harness (J+K but you already have J) and its like 180$ shipped with fees.

Full J+K harness from Taito
UDZwUlT.jpg

Me making a homebrew K only (missing crimp/connector)
FfwZ7tK.jpg

The receiving harness comes with the cab and should already be inside yours (if 1player is complete/working).
4FuVMON.jpg
Hi @jassin000 and @Lemony Vengeance.

What do I do if my receiving control panel wiring harness doesn't have a "K" connector? I have a Diamond Orange (Magicians Dead). Even my P1 connector is different and I don't have a P2.

IMG_1734.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1750.jpeg
    IMG_1750.jpeg
    825.9 KB · Views: 240
I'm sure I have a spare 2P G harness I can sell ya if you need, bought it from taito a while back so it will provide all the connectors you need. You still need to get the K harness or make one like Jassin000 did. And Finally i can make you an acrylic mounting plate to adapt the Taito JVS/Fast IO to your metal plate, since your plate only has mounting locations for the USB IO.

IMG_1734.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure I have a spare 2P G harness I can sell ya if you need, bought it from taito a while back so it will provide all the connectors you need. You still need to get the K harness or make one like Jassin000 did. And Finally i can make you and an acrylic mounting plate to adapt the Taito JVS/Fast IO to your metal plate, since your plate only has mounting locations for the USB IO.

IMG_1734.jpg
Hi @Derick2k! I'll send you a PM sir.

I'm sure I have a spare 2P G harness I can sell ya if you need, bought it from taito a while back so it will provide all the connectors you need. You still need to get the K harness or make one like Jassin000 did. And Finally i can make you an acrylic mounting plate to adapt the Taito JVS/Fast IO to your metal plate, since your plate only has mounting locations for the USB IO.

IMG_1734.jpg
he could add the lines for the K connector, but who has the pins necessary for that connector?

*kicks the spool of pins into the closet and slams the door*

IMG_1734.jpg
he could add the lines for the K connector, but who has the pins necessary for that connector?
*kicks the spool of pins into the closet and slams the door*
I think he wants to convert the cab to use jvs/fast io, etc..there are too many connectors that differ on the Orange Diamonds G harness, but I guess it could be done.

On the other hand, plenty of peeps need K harnesses :)

Would this be a good product if one was to put a PC setup running something like CoinOps into a Vewlix? Have been thinking about the best/easiest way to not gut out my Vewlix, but add/temporarily have a PC setup in.

Would this be a good product if one was to put a PC setup running something like CoinOps into a Vewlix?
No offence to the designer, but IMO NO.
Once you add the cost of the IO board (40~45$) than 2 Brooks Universals (95$x2) or 2 Retro boards (70$x2)... Its approaching the 250$ mark!

IF you've already got a JVS IO, all you need is the JVSPAC2.
Ke8eXPA.jpg

PC sees it as a keyboard (MAME default keys) cab sees it as a JVS system.
0UIls8x.png

Only time I would endorse this style of IO (ie replacement) is...
  • IF the user strictly wants consoles, esp retro consoles (aka where I believe this product really shines).
  • IF the user has NO existing JVS IO already and wants to maintain official Taito J/K harnesses.
A PC when you already own a JVS IO however? NEVER!
Or a console setup when you already need a K harness? Nope, just wire buttons/sticks directly to the Brooks/Retro and save.

Example image borrowed from @9uile
43123.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will these be available again anytime soon? Really want to try one out!

Just verifying, we need to buy the the UFB version with the pin connector soldered, correct? Thanks!

~Paik

As of today I am announcing that the Vewlix Console I/O V3 is available. With the V3 I have yet again upgraded to a microcontroller with more I/O which allows me to add support for L3 and R3 emulation for player 1 and 2. All other functionality remains the same.

The Touchpad Button cables that I already sell will now also support L3 and R3 with the Console I/O V3. Pricing remains the same as before. You can purchase the V3 Console I/O here.
I hope this is not a repeat question, but do I order the Brook UFB with pin or without pin with this. Thanks

I've found out the answer that it does required Brook UFB with pre pin and just ordered on arthrimus.com.

I'm planning to get 2 Brook UFB but need someone to confirm if the current Brook UFB board is compatible with PS5 or there's a new updated board that is compatible with the PS5. Thank you all in advance.

I'm planning to get 2 Brook UFB but need someone to confirm if the current Brook UFB board is compatible with PS5 or there's a new updated board that is compatible with the PS5. Thank you all in advance.
It’s recognized by the PS5 as a PS4 controller and is thus only compatible with PS4 games at the moment.
Brook is working on PS5 native support but no timeframe has been announced so far.

It’s recognized by the PS5 as a PS4 controller and is thus only compatible with PS4 games at the moment.
Brook is working on PS5 native support but no timeframe has been announced so far.

Thank you for your response. Is this mean there's no need for new Brook UFB since Brook recognized it as a PS4. Maybe a new firmware in the future will fix the current problem?

Hi, is there a way to connect L3 or R3 to an external button like we can do with home and select ?

@Arthrimus are you planning on doing another run of these in the near future? I'd like to buy one.
They're available on his site: https://arthrimus.com/product/vewlix-console-i-o-v2/

Hi, is there a way to connect L3 or R3 to an external button like we can do with home and select ?
Yes, there are connectors for all of these. You can see them above the 20 pin connector on the board. Although I haven't had a chance to wire mine (I only plan to use the touchpad button using this connection.

Back