What's new

hoagtech

Enlightened
Reaction score
My PGM showed up and I bought Espgaluda, Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou, and Ketsui Kizuna for it (from china).

I cannot get it to play anything.

The package showed up loose with the feet broken off and the DIP switches on the side are all in the OFF position.

There is an empty Expansion connector

I am running the board at +5.03 volts.

Is it broken or am I missing some basics of operation?

You could try cleaning the cart slot. Get a plastic card (credit, library card, whatever) and stretch a thin cotton cloth (like an old t-shirt) over the edge of the card, and push it straight in the cart slot and pull it out. Do this until you cloth comes out clean. You can put some isopropyl alcohol on the cloth as well.

Also, can you spot any damage around where the battery is? Check both sides. These boards usually have a battery there that can leak.

Thanks @GC8TECH

I would try that but I’m not too happy it was shipped in a giant Manila envelope with no padding.

I’m going to return it and suggest he reflow the sram with your pictures to help him out.

Yeah.. but by the sounds of the packaging.. or lack of.. it might have other issues... Ask him to send you a REV 9 or better :) Info is on my buyers guide to PGM Motherboards if you haven't watched??

Tim.

@GC8TECH

The seller let me keep the broken one without shipping it back.

Who sells those chips?

Sram is on EBAY etc... you will need eigher 12ns or 15ns sram. its soj package as well. Did you try re-flowing it just in case??

T.

I was afraid to re flow with my big heat gun.

What do you reccomend for a reflowing gun and process?

I ordered these ones.

Back