What's new

Superpimp1975

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys. I Just joined the forum. I wanted to start on a big project on a four player arcade cabinet. I’m really not sure how to do it but I want to learn. I’ve watch a few YouTube videos and some websites. I want to start with the plans for the cabinet. Thanks again for letting me join you guys and I am looking forward to the cenversatuons we will have. Thanks again.

Hey Superpimp,

There aren't many cabinet builders here at A-P, but I would recommend checking out the BYOAC forum: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php

BYOAC is more centered towards building cabinets from scratch.
There are a lot of good woodworkers there, and knowledgeable arcade guys that can give you great pointers (like don't angle your P3 and P4 sticks).

I encourage you and anyone else to join that forum if you're looking to build your own.

That's not to say leave this place. There is also great projects and members here, it's just not really centered around scratch-built cabinets.

I looked into this a couple months ago and found out about Prince Arcades repros of woodies. If you are looking to do everything completely from scratch that can be a really fun and learning experience. However, if you don't mind spending a little money you can get a good starting point with some of PA offerings. They have some videos of how they do it on YouTube, but they basically have the original cabinets and cut fresh a 1:1 replica. Then all you have to do is source the artwork if you don't want it just painted, the buttons and joysticks, and ofcourse a monitor and wiring which is all stuff you would have to source anyways.

I am totally going to go after one of their 4P Konami cabinets at some point. I haven't decided if I want a turtles, xmen, or simpsons. Maybe sunset riders? I think someone out there makes the artwork you can slap on.

I believe they will cut any type of wood you choose if you have a preference (plywood over MDF, etc) and even can paint it for a small additional fee. I think the price is fair for the cabinet but have yet to look into the shipping costs.

http://princearcades.com/new-cabinets/

There aren't many cabinet builders here at A-P, but I would recommend checking out the BYOAC forum: forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php
I second this. In my cab building days that was an amazing resource, you really can't beat it for that.

Thank you so much. I have started on my project and about to get the control panel started. if I am using an ipac 4, how do I go about hooking up the led part of the button. After you hook it to the ipac does it light up or do you have to run a separate line like the ground daisy chain? Thanks

Here is what I have so far. I had to make the marque smaller to fit in door without having to turn it on its side.

Attachments

• arcade pic 17.pdf
    63.3 KB · Views: 595
Here is the drawer I installed. I have never done this before. Im very excited

Attachments

• arcade pic 15.pdf
    62.8 KB · Views: 345
  • arcade pic 16.pdf
    62.9 KB · Views: 302
I was about to start on the art work for the outside. Does anybody know where I could get the artwork from if I was wanting to do it myself? I have a friend that does sign work and he can design and print vinyl. I wanted to have a place to get some ideas from. thanks again for all your help.

What size monitor does your cabinet accommodate? What plans did you find or use?

I went with a 50" Tv that I got on black Friday sale this year for 149.99. I kind of been using the flint machine that was build by Arcade emulation station on a facebook post. My friend that does the vinyl work helped me scale it up on his software. I pretty much shot from the hip on each cut. I was worried about my tv space and I sacrifed space for the marqeu sign. If I had to do it all over again I would make it more wider. I will post what I have so far.

Attachments

• arcade 25.pdf
    113.9 KB · Views: 422
  • arcade 26.pdf
    104.4 KB · Views: 294
  • arcade 27.pdf
    117.9 KB · Views: 303
  • arcade 28.pdf
    127.9 KB · Views: 394
how do you guys think I should go about the system that I will be purchasing for the arcade cabinet? Should I just be the already set machine with the 8 tb hard drive or is that something you guys can help me with. Thanks again for your help.

If your going the route I think your going then look into bigbox and emumovies. Makes it super easy to install all the frontend content.

Back