What's new

MeNewVegas

Student
Reaction score
I just picked up my very first machine. I’m looking for options on the best way to get games other than PCBs.

So far options I have seen are Pandora’s box or MAME using an Xbox360 or PC.

Which would you recommend and are there any tutorials as I have no experience with this.

Thanks!

Easiest is to grab a Pandora, but they're kinda meh emulation wise. Games are much more hit or miss than MAME. But all you do is plug it in just like any other JAMMA game.

Next easiest to just grab an Ultimarc J-Pac and use that for controls to the PC, run a VGA cable up to the monitor (running windows in 640x480), and run the audio out to the amp and you're done.

360 is more work for sure..

Thanks for the response! I will take a look into Ultimarc J-PAC.

It didn’t come with a kick harness but it has 2p and 6 buttons. I’m assuming I need 2 kick harnesses to allow for 6 button play? Or just one?

One kick harness will take care of buttons 4-6 for both P1 and P2.

After looking around I think doing some sort of RaspberryPi setup is the cheapest/best option.

Would you recommend that? I don’t have a spare PC unfortunately.

Easiest is to grab a Pandora, but they're kinda meh emulation wise. Games are much more hit or miss than MAME. But all you do is plug it in just like any other JAMMA game.

Next easiest to just grab an Ultimarc J-Pac and use that for controls to the PC, run a VGA cable up to the monitor (running windows in 640x480), and run the audio out to the amp and you're done.

360 is easy with this cable and a hacked controller wired with a 10 pin AMP connector that you can unplug under the control panel and connect to.

The harness allows to connect RCA cables so it's really cool and there are a few nice games for it.

After looking around I think doing some sort of RaspberryPi setup is the cheapest/best option.

If you're going to go that route just use a Pandora. Less hassle, equally eh emulation.

You don't need a fancy PC. Any $10 pc at goodwill from the last decade can run mame.

If you're going to go that route just use a Pandora. Less hassle, equally eh emulation.
You don't need a fancy PC. Any $10 pc at goodwill from the last decade can run mame.
I’ll see what I can come up with for a PC. Is it as simple as plugging it in once the adapter is installed?

It sure is.

The jpac is jamma and connects to the PC by USB.

Then vga or DVI out of the PC into the vga port on the monitor.

Speaker out into an aux to 2 RCA cable into the cab's amp.

Done.

It sure is.

The jpac is jamma and connects to the PC by USB.

Then vga or DVI out of the PC into the vga port on the monitor.

Speaker out into an aux to 2 RCA cable into the cab's amp.

Done.
Okay so first thing I plan on doing is adding the kick harness. Under the CP there are 6 loose connections for 3 buttons per player. Do I follow those down to add the kick harness? Where specifically does the harness plug into? Also do I need a specific kick harness?

You should be using the connector in the blast's CP to run the kick harness.

Hopefully someone who owns one currently can chime in. Maybe @8bitforlife

360 is easy with this cable and a hacked controller wired with a 10 pin AMP connector that you can unplug under the control panel and connect to.

The harness allows to connect RCA cables so it's really cool and there are a few nice games for it.
I forgot how many good games are on the 360.
Are there hacked fully cooked images out there these days for Arcade cabs?
Can you put SSDs on these now?

theres a connector on the io board for kickharness. Cps2 to that blast connector on io board then on cp you need a kick for buttons

Attachments

• 3F65E94F-60EE-4055-8A9A-BC5D9371736F.jpeg
    3F65E94F-60EE-4055-8A9A-BC5D9371736F.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 1B87EEAD-81D5-4E04-86D4-95157E3CACE0.jpeg
    1B87EEAD-81D5-4E04-86D4-95157E3CACE0.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 181
Back