Demon Front cartridge sprites missing help = SOLVED

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Demon Front cartridge sprites missing help = SOLVED

Hi guys,

I'm having a little problem with my Demon Front cartridge.

The game has some missing sprite, but if i give him a little touch the sprites come back...after a while the issue back again and i need gave another touch in the cart to fix.

I've cleaned the cartridge contacts and the motherboard slot, but the issue persist, so i think it's a problem in the cartridge sprite area.

So, someone can guide me, where is locatedy the sprite area in the cartridge? I will try make some "re-flow" in the components to fix it.

Thanks

[]'Macck
      Images
      • demonfront.jpg

781.9 kB, 1,484×722, viewed 40 times
      Fan of old arcade ;)
      My arcade game room: Ok Baby H, Ok Baby V, KI2, Sega Spiderman 4P, Area 51, Cruis'n World, Super Neo 29" Type2, HOTD2 & Dodge Viper Pinball.
    • Hi Neo, yes it's my "AES" with a MV-1C inside.

Yes the PGM motherboard works fine with other games, i suspected too that was a connection issue, so as i said, cleaned up the cartridge pins and washed the board slot, but does not fixed it.

[]'Macck
      Fan of old arcade ;)
      My arcade game room: Ok Baby H, Ok Baby V, KI2, Sega Spiderman 4P, Area 51, Cruis'n World, Super Neo 29" Type2, HOTD2 & Dodge Viper Pinball.
    • Hi GC8TECH.

Sorry, no.

I never has seen one before, i have doubt if i will fInd this in Brazil, can you please post a pic or link to me see?

Cheers,
      Macck
      Fan of old arcade ;)
    • sprites are the Axxx and Bxxx Roms on the bottom board. As you get square sprites i suspect the Bxxx Roms first, which contain the mask data.
      You should inspect the bus Pins as well, both on the cart and the connector. Have a look on the pgm conversion thread for circuit diagrams which pins connect to which Rom type. I am on my phone, otherwise i'd post a copy here.
    • GC8TECH wrote:

Attached is a pic of DUAL on top and SINGLE on the bottom....

Tim.
      Hi Tim, look the IGS board connectors:

Cheers
      Macck
      Images
      • connectors.jpg

932.56 kB, 1,472×938, viewed 11 times
      Fan of old arcade ;)
    • Rg111 wrote:

Is your voltage correct?

I had a similar graphics issue with Martial Masters and it turned out my voltage was not exactly on 5v (before inserting the cartridge)
      Hi Rg111,

Yes the voltage is ok.
      Images
      • voltage.jpg

526.71 kB, 720×892, viewed 8 times
      Fan of old arcade ;)
    • Fluffy wrote:

sprites are the Axxx and Bxxx Roms on the bottom board. As you get square sprites i suspect the Bxxx Roms first, which contain the mask data.
      You should inspect the bus Pins as well, both on the cart and the connector. Have a look on the pgm conversion thread for circuit diagrams which pins connect to which Rom type. I am on my phone, otherwise i'd post a copy here.
      Thank you soo much Fluffy to guide me to the right place, after a "re-flow" in all the Bxxx roms = problem solved.

Thank you all for helping to fix the problem, i love this game!!!

Neo-Alec wrote:

Macck, do you have more photos of the MV-1C somewhere? Maybe I've seen yours before. I'm interested in these.
      Not at the moment Neo-Alec, but i can open it and take some pics. I've made it for about +10 years old, haha a lot of wires inside. Give me sometime and i will provide.

Cheers,
      Macck
      Images
      • solved.jpg

309.1 kB, 719×515, viewed 6 times
      Fan of old arcade ;)
    • macck wrote:

Hi guys,

The game has some missing sprite, but if i give him a little touch the sprites come back...after a while the issue back again and i need gave another touch in the cart to fix.

I've cleaned the cartridge contacts and the motherboard slot, but the issue persist, so i think it's a problem in the cartridge sprite area.

So, someone can guide me, where is locatedy the sprite area in the cartridge? I will try make some "re-flow" in the components to fix it.

Thanks

[]'Macck
      Hey @macck

Any chance you can help me with this??

arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…-cart-serial-test-number/

Trying to find more people with Demon Front carts....

T.
    • GC8TECH wrote:

macck wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks

[]'Macck
      Hey @macck
      Any chance you can help me with this??

arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…-cart-serial-test-number/

Trying to find more people with Demon Front carts....

T.
      Sure i can! Tomorrow will provide pics at your post dude.

Cheers
      Macck
      Fan of old arcade ;)