What's new

macck

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm having a little problem with my Demon Front cartridge.

The game has some missing sprite, but if i give him a little touch the sprites come back...after a while the issue back again and i need gave another touch in the cart to fix.

I've cleaned the cartridge contacts and the motherboard slot, but the issue persist, so i think it's a problem in the cartridge sprite area.

So, someone can guide me, where is locatedy the sprite area in the cartridge? I will try make some "re-flow" in the components to fix it.

Thanks

[]'Macck

Attachments

• demonfront.jpg
    demonfront.jpg
    763.6 KB · Views: 349
Hi Macck. Is that a photo of an AES that plays MVS carts, or an AES system with a converter.

Anyway, does the PGM board work fine with other games? Sounds like a connection issue.

Hi Neo, yes it's my "AES" with a MV-1C inside.

Yes the PGM motherboard works fine with other games, i suspected too that was a connection issue, so as i said, cleaned up the cartridge pins and washed the board slot, but does not fixed it.

[]'Macck

Sounds like a "doddgy" cart connector. If you wiggle it and it comes good... that's probibly what it is. Do you have a Dual wipe or a single wipe cart slot connectors??

Tim.

Hi GC8TECH.

Sorry, no.

I never has seen one before, i have doubt if i will fInd this in Brazil, can you please post a pic or link to me see?

Cheers,
Macck

Attached is a pic of DUAL on top and SINGLE on the bottom....

Tim.

Attachments

• 20191110_081652.jpg
    20191110_081652.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 212
Is your voltage correct?

I had a similar graphics issue with Martial Masters and it turned out my voltage was not exactly on 5v (before inserting the cartridge)

sprites are the Axxx and Bxxx Roms on the bottom board. As you get square sprites i suspect the Bxxx Roms first, which contain the mask data.
You should inspect the bus Pins as well, both on the cart and the connector. Have a look on the pgm conversion thread for circuit diagrams which pins connect to which Rom type. I am on my phone, otherwise i'd post a copy here.

Macck, do you have more photos of the MV-1C somewhere? Maybe I've seen yours before. I'm interested in these.

Is your voltage correct?

I had a similar graphics issue with Martial Masters and it turned out my voltage was not exactly on 5v (before inserting the cartridge)
Hi Rg111,

Yes the voltage is ok.

Attachments

• voltage.jpg
    voltage.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 199
sprites are the Axxx and Bxxx Roms on the bottom board. As you get square sprites i suspect the Bxxx Roms first, which contain the mask data.
You should inspect the bus Pins as well, both on the cart and the connector. Have a look on the pgm conversion thread for circuit diagrams which pins connect to which Rom type. I am on my phone, otherwise i'd post a copy here.
Thank you soo much Fluffy to guide me to the right place, after a "re-flow" in all the Bxxx roms = problem solved.

Thank you all for helping to fix the problem, i love this game!!!

Macck, do you have more photos of the MV-1C somewhere? Maybe I've seen yours before. I'm interested in these.
Not at the moment Neo-Alec, but i can open it and take some pics. I've made it for about +10 years old, haha a lot of wires inside. Give me sometime and i will provide.

Cheers,
Macck

Attachments

• solved.jpg
    solved.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 208
Hi guys,

The game has some missing sprite, but if i give him a little touch the sprites come back...after a while the issue back again and i need gave another touch in the cart to fix.

I've cleaned the cartridge contacts and the motherboard slot, but the issue persist, so i think it's a problem in the cartridge sprite area.

So, someone can guide me, where is locatedy the sprite area in the cartridge? I will try make some "re-flow" in the components to fix it.

Thanks

[]'Macck
Hey @macck

Any chance you can help me with this??

https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...or-demon-front-cart-serial-test-number.11012/

Trying to find more people with Demon Front carts....

T.

Hi guys,

Thanks

[]'Macck
Hey @macck
Any chance you can help me with this??

https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...or-demon-front-cart-serial-test-number.11012/

Trying to find more people with Demon Front carts....

T.
Sure i can! Tomorrow will provide pics at your post dude.

Cheers
Macck

Back