What's new

Frank_fjs

Multi Boyz 4 Lyfe
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Super Nintendo to NEO-GEO controller adapter.

Code by: @Arthrimus
PCB by: @Frank_fjs

SNES2NEO-TOP.png
SNES2NEO-BOT.png

Features:
  • Full button remapping.
  • Autofire with 6 selectable rates from fastest to slowest.
  • Settings are saved and stored.
  • Status LED which flashes upon first powering on and lights when in either button remapping or autofire selection mode. The LED flashes during the button remapping mode to indicate how many times a button has been pressed.
Usage:
  • Simultaneously hold any two face buttons + START for 3 seconds to enter button remapping mode. The LED will light and remain lit once successfully in remapping mode:
    • Press the button you wish to register as input 1 once (LED flashes once).
    • Press the button you wish to register as input 2 twice (LED flashes twice).
    • Press the button you wish to register as input 3 three times (LED flashes three times).
    • Press the button you wish to register as input 4 four times (LED flashes four times).
    • Press the button you wish to register as input 5 five times (LED flashes five times).
    • Press the button you wish to register as input 6 six times. (LED flashes six times).
    • Press START once remapping is completed to exit remapping mode and return to normal operation. The LED will turn off.
  • Simultaneously hold any one face button + START for 3 seconds to enter autofire assignment mode. The LED will light and remain lit once successfully in autofire mode:
    • Press the button(s) you wish to enable autofire on.
    • One press results in the fastest rate of autofire being applied, two presses is a level slower, all the way through to six presses for the slowest rate of autofire.
    • Press START once autofire assignment is completed to exit autofire mode and return to normal operation. The LED will turn off.
The download file below contains the Gerbers, EasyEDA PCB design file, BOM and code. An optional programming helper PCB is also included, designed to easily interface the SNES2NEO PCB to an USB ISP programmer.

DOWNLOAD: View attachment SNES2NEO.zip

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, much appreciated. Your older design works great for Neo Geo, this is only better.

These are simply awesome. We should all give Arthrimus a big hug, his code is feature packed and rock solid.

Nice!! I really need to get off my arse and put the Saturn and SNES ones together.

Do it, they're awesome.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Retro-bit 2.4G Saturn controller that I ordered off Amazon. That will be my ultimate supergun controller, full button mapping and autofire capabilities, in the form factor of a Saturn controller with wireless connectivity. Heaven.

Very cool, the remapping and rapid-fire configuration is 100% the same as in the HAS.

HAS sets the standard we all try to follow :)

Hey @RGB I certainly took inspiration from the HAS interface method. Although I am certain that my implementation is much sloppier than how you would have done it. Programming is not one of my strengths.

I have two of Frank_fjs's old Snes to Neo Geo adapters, could the new functionality in these new designs be added to my old adapters by reprogramming the chip on them?

Unfortunately not, the wiring is different as is the microcontroller used.

They work with HAS but don't forget HAS has remapping capabilities onboard.

I would like 2 of these as well, sign me up please :)
These snes/md/saturn adapters are so awesome, you guys did a good job :)

Back