What's new
I have a weird problem when using the SNES controller on a Neo Geo AES. If I mash the dpad left or right+up it triggers button 1. It makes magician lord unplayable.

Is that normal? @Frank_fjs
Does it only happen on an AES, or is the same problem present on a Supergun?

I don't have my supergun since I sent it out to get reflashed with a new firmware to RGB to fix the vampire savior glitch. But yeah only happens on Neo Geo AES if I remember correctly.

I think it's due to the reset line of the Atmega being present on the DB15. It's there for programming the Atmega. It's not an issue on the MVS however it seems to cause an issue on the AES.

Arthrimus version is fine as he used a solder strap to connect the reset line then removes said solder once programmed.

I built a couple of these and just tested today. They are great for my arcade bench testing. Wanted to say thanks. I actually bricked the first atmega I had in place as the wrong fuses got written and I don't have the patience to do the steps to unbrick the chip so i just put on a new one. For some reason, the extremeAVR software would not identify my usbtiny so i ended up using avrdude and it worked fine:

Code:
avrdude -cusbtiny -C"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\etc\avrdude.conf" -vvvv -pm328 -U flash:w:snes.hex -U lfuse:w:0xE2:m -F

Thanks again for your contributions - I just need to find where I can send you two donations.

Matt

Back