What's new
The board can't address the space, it's not a case of not enough spaces for EPROMs, it's a case of not enough space can be read :(

So you have to check if there are already existing empty jumpers spaces not populated made on the board like on a few other M92 rom boards.

If not, you can check if you can trim the roms, or you'll have to use ugly wires then :S

You have to use wires because you need to connect the data lines that don't exist on that ROM board - that's why you see the spaghetti on the board above

Indeed. If a Gunforce can be converted into RTL, it can work with the multi.

I'm sure @Apocalypse said it was impossible though. Someone is now saying the info came from him?
Never said it was impossible.
However I did say that wasn't easy due to the reason you mentioned earlier: missing address lines so wires have to be used.
A bit messy but doable.

Indeed. If a Gunforce can be converted into RTL, it can work with the multi.

I'm sure @Apocalypse said it was impossible though. Someone is now saying the info came from him?
Never said it was impossible.However I did say that wasn't easy due to the reason you mentioned earlier: missing address lines so wires have to be used.
A bit messy but doable.
I more meant impossible in the sense that it's not a straightforward conversion and the amount of work required to pull it off makes it impossible for the majority of people :P

In saying that, if it can be done even with that much work that's still cool.

Easy to do in 2 steps:

Step 1: Sell Gunforce
Step 2: Buy Gunforce 2

:)

Sorry man, I'm sure it can be done, but GF1 has a much smaller board, so it will be a lot of work, not sure it's worth it. Also a reason GF1 will probably not be a good donor for the upcoming multi M92.
I want to do it due to 2 reasons:

Reason 1: I know It can be done, and I can do it.
Reason 2: Gunforce II is extremely rare to see, and very expensive if you can get one.

Best regards.

I just need the wiring schematic. About the programing ROMs, a friend of mine could do it for sure.

I guess your best option is to follow the picture above. I don't think those who can do this are going to release the information publicly.

I just thought your comment to him was funny, peace- like anyone could utilize that picture. . .

I just thought your comment to him was funny, peace- like anyone could utilize that picture. . .
It shows you all the connections on the interconnect pins, you can see where most of the wires are going to on the chips.

Yes, you're going to have to do some research and trial and error but it's a lot better than starting with nothing at all.

i get messages all the time about stuff that does not work and does not exist (yet) demanding info
So is this saying I should refrain sending that message about turning my Quiz Chikyu Bouei Gun board into Guwange?

i get messages all the time about stuff that does not work and does not exist (yet) demanding info
So is this saying I should refrain sending that message about turning my Quiz Chikyu Bouei Gun board into Guwange?
That's a common one, that's the sailor moon hardware again i guess...
Ordered one that style once for 200 brick years ago and it landed damaged in the mail, never bothered with it since, hardware too fragile / expensive to mess with.

I guess your best option is to follow the picture above. I don't think those who can do this are going to release the information publicly.
I wouldn't mind sharing the info but I don't have a Gunforce board handy to give proper details.
It shouldn't be too hard to run wires for the missing address lines though, just by comparing with an other romboard.

Back