What's new

yosoyrune

Student
Reaction score
Hello,

I need support of how to make the conversion from a Gunforce to a Gunforce II, please.

Kind regards.

Easy to do in 2 steps:

Step 1: Sell Gunforce
Step 2: Buy Gunforce 2

:)

Sorry man, I'm sure it can be done, but GF1 has a much smaller board, so it will be a lot of work, not sure it's worth it. Also a reason GF1 will probably not be a good donor for the upcoming multi M92.

I don't think you can do that conversion. Gunforce is missing the needed EPROM sockets on the B board that all of the other M92 games including Gunforce II use.

YQ0edfi.jpg

Good luck :)

Yeah when a board has jumpers and piggybacked chips like that it becomes delicate.
A wire easy comes loose and shorts out some other chips...

I bet it's been stripped back to a gunforce now and that conversion is lost forever lol.

I could do such a thing but if it doesn't work properly ... I won't do it... Thanks.

Very sure the hack will work, why would anyone waste that time (and not put it back working)?
It's died in a cab or in postage to the guy (AKA arcade boneyard scraps machines. This is a OP hack from BITD nobody would do a MT2 now..)

Don't use that as a reason to chicken out ;)

Looks like someone else has one too and is willing to take pics
I haven't forgotten about this thread, will get to it soon.

I will also post pics of my Gunforce --> R-Type Leo conversion. I don't have any info on how it was actually DONE, but it works flawlessly. Maybe the experts here can find out from the pics.

Yes, I had my Gunforce converted into R-Type Leo. I had a technician do the job for me using files provided by Apocalypse. Works flawlessly.

I am eager to find another cheap Gunforce to convert it into Blade Master :)

Yes, I had my Gunforce converted into R-Type Leo. I had a technician do the job for me using files provided by Apocalypse. Works flawlessly.

I am eager to find another cheap Gunforce to convert it into Blade Master :)
Why keep doing conversions? Just buy the Multi-M92 and have all the games!

Indeed. If a Gunforce can be converted into RTL, it can work with the multi.

I'm sure @Apocalypse said it was impossible though. Someone is now saying the info came from him?

Indeed. If a Gunforce can be converted into RTL, it can work with the multi.

I'm sure @Apocalypse said it was impossible though. Someone is now saying the info came from him?
Just the decrypted sound rom would have come from him afaik

To make a M92 convert, you need decrypted sound roms and disabling the jumper near the PPU (or use reencrypted sound roms to work with your PPU), then use the rest of the romset and move the jumpers depending of the roms sizes.

To make a M92 convert, you need decrypted sound roms and disabling the jumper near the PPU (or use reencrypted sound roms to work with your PPU), then use the rest of the romset and move the jumpers depending of the roms sizes.
Gunforce doesn't support enough ROM space to work with games other than Gunforce, which is the reason it's not suitable as a donor.

Back