CAVE PGM conversion audio quality

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CAVE PGM conversion audio quality

I have some of the conversion carts for CAVE games, finally getting around to testing things. Now that I have legit and PGM ESPGaluda side-by-side, the only difference I really noticed is that audio on the PGM cart is pretty uh, noisy. It doesn't sound as good. Is that something with the conversion or something with the motherboard?

I have one or two legit carts I haven't tried yet, that's the next thing I'd do. From a collector standpoint I'd prefer to keep the legit boards but from a business standpoint I'd be better with the PGM carts. Audio quality won't really matter in an active environment, but I'd like to get it fixed if I'm playing at home.
      Be attitude for gains . . .

1 : Be praying
      2 : Be praying
      3 : Be praying
    • Very likely the motherboard. Have you recapped it?

I have all three versions of DPP:DOJ and I'd say the cart sounds the same as the PCB. PGM2 sounds better than both, but not a huge difference (and that won't help with Ketsui or Espgaluda anyway).
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.
    • The conversions sounds a bit noisy for me too: I lowered the volume of the motherboard and it's better but replacing the caps might be a good idea. Anyone has a list ? ( the day after I've made an order @ greatplains electronic of course)

Now speaking of that motherboard, @GC8TECH posted a picture of his pre modded boards and are the caps related to the sound just the 3 ones pointed?

and is that sound mod just to output 2 RCA for "simili stereo" or is that preamped sound coming out ? if it's not, is there a way to get it before going to the amp?

+++
    • Mrhide wrote:

The conversions sounds a bit noisy for me too: I lowered the volume of the motherboard and it's better but replacing the caps might be a good idea. Anyone has a list ? ( the day after I've made an order @ greatplains electronic of course)

Now speaking of that motherboard, @GC8TECH posted a picture of his pre modded boards and are the caps related to the sound just the 3 ones pointed?

and is that sound mod just to output 2 RCA for "simili stereo" or is that preamped sound coming out ? if it's not, is there a way to get it before going to the amp?

No.. its not just those 3. You need to do all the ones below it as well. The 7 below it in an almost straight line need to be replaced as well.....

The Stereo out comes from the Left and Right Channel output from the DAC.

Tim.