What's new
Mostly related: what are the options out there for 19" 31k monitors?

Wow things are moving fast on this, already close to pre-order max! I know we are super early with details on.. quite a few things. But want to figure a rough budget to pass off to the "boss" and start saving.
So I am on the east coast of the US and figuring costs for 1 if you starting from scratch.

$1500 to get it into the states - I assume that is maybe a warehouse for consolidation on the west coast
$500 for shipping from that warehouse to your location
$250 for Tube/Chassis - assuming it can be sourced locally without shipping
$100 $60 for the controls/buttons (1player)
$100 for unknowns
$250 for PCB/Pandora/MVS etc

$2,700 -ish out the door?

What am I missing or needs to get adjusted.

Last edited:
Wow things are moving fast on this, already close to pre-order max! I know we are super early with details on.. quite a few things. But want to figure a rough budget to pass off to the "boss" and start saving.
So I am on the east coast of the US and figuring costs for 1 if you starting from scratch.

$1500 to get it into the states - I assume that is maybe a warehouse for consolidation on the west coast
$100 for the controls/buttons (1player)
$100 for unknowns

What am I missing or needs to get adjusted.
Hello.
İ cant tell anything about of the local shipping in USA
I dont how much is CRT
I have bought 1P and 2P complete set from akishop. It was 85USD including shipping
Pandora box is cheaper than 250$
You dont have to pay for unknown :)

That's probably a good guess for the high side of shipping within the US. Another option, use Fastenal. They'll do cheaper shipping from "depot-to-depot". You have to pallet the game and prep it for shipping, then get it to a Fastenal depot. They'll ship it to another Fastenal location and you pickup there. It's a little more work, but I just shipped a game and the guy paid under $150 to have it shipped. Otherwise, I've used STI; which doing CA to WI (several times) has run around $450.

$100 for unknowns

Putting PCB costs in there is silly. In part because they can cost just about anything, and in part because it has nothing to do with the cost of the cabinet. Why not toss a copy of Akai Katana in the budget and make the Cute cost 5k? :P

Your monitor number seems high. You're not looking for a 29" Nanao or anything, just your every day 19" monitor, and as @acblunden2 pointed out, you can snag a compatible tube from 80% of 19" TV's in the US. Then it's just to eBay/KLOV/Wherever for a chassis. I'd probably suggest $150 or less there. Probably less.

For a mini cab $500 is probably over estimate. 350-400 maybe? I'd paid about 30% less to ship my last mini from TN than I'd paid to get my last full sized cab from TX. If you need an exact estimate, you could call/email Beltmann now. The dims/weight are in the AO wiki and pick a random LA zip code as the origin.

Controls: $40ish.

You can also get the rest of this stuff after the fact, which adds some leeway in budgeting! Doesn't have to happen at the same time as the cab purchase. Buy the cab, wait for a deal on a monitor local to you, buy the buttons when you have a spare $40, etc.

Now that controls are brought up, what stick is the mounting plate for, @hursit ?

Reactions: nem
That's probably a good guess for the high side of shipping within the US. Another option, use Fastenal. They'll do cheaper shipping from "depot-to-depot". You have to pallet the game and prep it for shipping, then get it to a Fastenal depot. They'll ship it to another Fastenal location and you pickup there. It's a little more work, but I just shipped a game and the guy paid under $150 to have it shipped. Otherwise, I've used STI; which doing CA to WI (several times) has run around $450.
Yeah, I just had STI quote me $560 which included insurance on another cab - granted have not shopped around much, so ball parking it. Rather be on the high side than face the wrath of my wife over ballooning costs after the commitment :)

@rewrite i bought Seimitsu Parts as original.
But i can tell you, Sanwa joystick is better for the mini cute. LS-32 Seimitsu joysticks are bigger, and it is really hard to fit in control panel.

I think i will make it for Seimitsu because of the originality. Maybe i have to make it Universal :)

Last edited:
$100 for unknowns

Putting PCB costs in there is silly. In part because they can cost just about anything, and in part because it has nothing to do with the cost of the cabinet. Why not toss a copy of Akai Katana in the budget and make the Cute cost 5k? :P

>>Forgetting about pandoras or pie's - if you want a real working PCB of any popular/good game, I think $250 is about what you are looking at, on the low side. I take this from the for sale section here and looking at ebay prices - forget about it!

Your monitor number seems high. You're not looking for a 29" Nanao or anything, just your every day 19" monitor, and as @acblunden2 pointed out, you can snag a compatible tube from 80% of 19" TV's in the US. Then it's just to eBay/KLOV/Wherever for a chassis. I'd probably suggest $150 or less there. Probably less.

>>Show me where you can get a Nanao 29 and chassis unburnt for $250, i'll buy them all! :) gameroom quoted me $900 shipped for this. Back to the 19's, on the east coast, things in general are harder to find, I have yet to see a place that has a stock of great condition 19's just sitting around - IMHO the real scenario is buying another used cab with this correct setup and pulling out the tube/chassis or having one shipped from somewhere - $$$. I know you got the skills to buy a TV, disassemble it, then buy a compatible arcade chassis for it, rewire it and put it all in to the mini - but with time, cost and hassle - not the easiest solution for the common folk.

For a mini cab $500 is probably over estimate. 350-400 maybe? I'd paid about 30% less to ship my last mini from TN than I'd paid to get my last full sized cab from TX. If you need an exact estimate, you could call/email Beltmann now. The dims/weight are in the AO wiki and pick a random LA zip code as the origin.

>>Got quoted $560 with insurance from STI recently, but will need to shop around some more. Definitely some wiggle room here.

Controls: $40ish.

>>$60 bucks shipped from focus attack in my cart (sanwa) 1 stick, balltops, and 7 buttons. But add on another $10-15 for a quality 100 yen decal.

You can also get the rest of this stuff after the fact, which adds some leeway in budgeting! Doesn't have to happen at the same time as the cab purchase. Buy the cab, wait for a deal on a monitor local to you, buy the buttons when you have a spare $40, etc.

>> meh.. I want this thing done before I'm too old!! :)

PCB price still has zero to do with the cabinet.

When you don't want to do things for yourself in an effort to save money, they'll cost more money, I agree with that.

$560 for the Cute?

Weird your cart is different than mine. We must have different taste in buttons and sticks (though I did forget the balltop). I'd have hit 50 after shipping I suppose. But even so, $60 isn't $100.

Impatience also drives up pricing :P

We're probably derailing at this point, ha.

exactly, it's like buying a truck and including the price of the things you plan to haul with it.
I ALMOST USED THIS ANALOGY!!!! I typed it out and everything! Second guessed myself before hitting submit.

$250 for a 19” tube and chassis in the washdc are is not high.. 19” arcade monitors rarely appear in my area.. also, 19” TV, they are hard to get.. there seems to be a group of us looking for them..when I see one for free and reach out someone has already reached out and I have Craigslist alerts setup..

this is why an universal mount would be great because even if we don’t have the bezel we can at lest have something inside the cab.. and the trend of RGB Mod TV is going to be a real thing in a few years..

I think you guys are missing my point. About the PCB - If you have nothing to start out with - what are you doing to do with it? Just stare at a unpowered cabinet? It needs something to run, which you will need to buy, which is a cost that adds to the cost of the project. I am taking a median price on the low side for a PCB as my example.

I am trying ultimately to get a reasonable ballpark for a mini cute to be sitting in my room running a game, completed. I know we are all in the honeymoon, pie in the sky stage with this - but now that its real and money will be moving soon - we need some better information.

I see this project being talked about on different places with the $1,500 number attached for a "new mini cute" - but its no where near that to have it completed. Maybe you guys have money and new CRT's growing on trees in you backyard or don't care about the rest/logistics - but thats how projects go sideways and fail - people start bailing out or get pissed or whatever once reality sets in.

It isn't that most of heere don't care about the rest of the logistics, most of here have progressed beyond the other factors already so they are no longer a factor for consideration. $2,700 is actually a low-mid range estimate. Highly unlikely that you will just have one PCB. So the number shall go up.

Anyhoooooooo, that is the starting number you have to sell your accountant/warden/person bestowed with the life support kill switch/domestic parter/boss/wife. Good luck dawg.

There are hundreds of good games at $100 or under. Try playing around with mame and see what you can find!

I think it should be put in perspective that the last, fairly beat up, cute that went through eBay was $2770 not including shipping costs, where this is brand new at $1500 inclusive of international shipping.

Maybe you weren't aware of what some of these mini cabs generally go for, but this is a good deal, really. Even if they're not 100% complete.

Maybe you should correct people on other places. Every post @hursit has made on other platforms describes what's still needed.

There are hundreds of good games at $100 or under. Try playing around with mame and see what you can find!

I think it should be put in perspective that the last, fairly beat up, cute that went through eBay was $2770 not including shipping costs, where this is brand new at $1500 inclusive of international shipping.

Maybe you weren't aware of what some of these mini cabs generally go for, but this is a good deal, really. Even if they're not 100% complete.

Maybe you should correct people on other places. Every post @hursit has made on other platforms describes what's still needed.
I am aware of the price and that auction, total price with shipping to my door would have been $3,500 provided by the seller. I won't debate whats a good deal or not for one of these, thats up to you and your bank account.

I'll just figure $3,000 and see what answer I get :)

Last edited:
I disagree entirely. Getting a 2019 Chevy Silverado for $10,000 is a good deal whether you can afford it or not.

Bank account isn't relevant to if something is priced less than the average sale.

@FluxChiller kind of weird, your posting a pic of me after that. Not to mention such a bad one, Heh.

Back