What's new
In case of Germany you should add 19%+4%=23% in addition to current Japanarama's quote.
No.

UK VAT is only paid in the UK. For orders outside the UK, g60hot can substract UK VAT from the price. The current price is inclusive.

I’m not sure I follow you, you mean that japanarama is going to issue a new invoice and transfer you the taxes that you have already paid?

Customs is going to ask you for the invoice (which will be a non-EU invoice) and will add 19% on top of the invoice price (including shipping) + 4% of the invoice price (excluding shipping).

I’m not sure I follow you, you mean that japanarama is going to issue a new invoice and transfer you the taxes that you have already paid?
What invoice? From what I've understood he's only been taking deposits to secure slots for one. No one has received a final invoice for the remaining balance.

Anyway, looking at the pre-order page right now, and uhh, not to be a debbie downer, I will be surprised if the UK order is going to go through. He has 6 slots out of 40 reserved at this point, and

Once we have confirmed pre-orders for 40 units we will start production of the cabinets.
I have an idea what kind of volume he's doing and there's no chance he's going to pay for these out of his own pocket without deposits being paid.

Customs is going to ask you for the invoice (which will be a non-EU invoice) and will add 19% on top of the invoice price (including shipping) + 4% of the invoice price (excluding shipping).
japanarama's invoice will be vat-exempt for people outside UK.
then upon entering your country, local customs adds whatever % on top of the value on the invoice (plus a handling fee and who knows what else).

Hi all. I am currently in talks with a chassis seller. I provided him the spec's of the tube I am planning to match with the K7000 chassis. Without knowing the spec's of the frame Hursit is building, the seller recommended either a K72XX or K73XX series chassis vice the K7000. From what he said the K7000 would need an isolation transformer, which has already been confirmed/discussed in this thread. He said the two chassis series variants won't need the iso and would come with a remote board to make adjustments.

I've tracked the discussions in this thread. As I understand it, the K7000 provides a 1cm gap between it's neck board and the cabinets back door.

While I imagine I would like a remote board, it's certainly not necessary and the realbobroberts provides some guidance on the iso transformers place in the series of wiring.

What are the spec's of the K7000 frame? Perhaps the K72XX and K73XX series variants either match or are shorter in length? I expect a simple "No" but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for your time.

Edit... Hursit and those that tested the fit of their tube and chassis combo, can you provide the total depth of said tube (if it hasn't already been specified somewhere in this thread)? Because I am trying to find a compatible consumer tube to match with the chassis - As I currently understand it, this is a critical measurement I need to move forward. Thanks!

Edit #2... Found helpful info on Page 49. Will compare and post front of tube to end of neck measurements once I figure out how best I can measure with what I have available. I pulled my tube from a RCA 19" F19421, it's tube is a A48LGS30X03.

Last edited:
@MudGuts83 I’m pretty sure I have both K7000 and K7203.

K7203 on the left.

25FB6BC9-467C-4277-8BF5-D4EBC9544216.jpeg

japanarama's invoice will be vat-exempt for people outside UK.then upon entering your country, local customs adds whatever % on top of the value on the invoice (plus a handling fee and who knows what else).
Yes I get that, but I just see in the web that the final price is 1500GBP + 200GBP Shipping to Europe, and that the buyer is going to pay the difference between the deposit and the final price (that's what's written in the homepage)

That would mean that for Germany the amount to pay is going to be: 2083GBP (considering the VAT and the import taxes, not including handling fee.. which might vary but definitely is going to be an extra if the transport is door to door)

Hi all, sorry for the lack of presence here as my workload has been insane recently, I also needed to take a couple of weeks out before i went insane! 8| ....however I am now catching up with things and will be able to start reading through this and getting in touch with people.

If you want to send me a message on here and i'll pick it up.

Cheers all

Few more points:

Yes in the UK we pay 20% VAT on everything that comes into the country so that's why our prices are higher the the US I'm afraid, if i had to do them any cheaper than I simply couldn't do them unfortunately.

Also if anyone needs any questions answered please direct message me on here as I will be now checking this daily, I get messages from a million and one different channels on a daily basis and can be a nightmare to keep up with so it would be really handy to try and keep things simple.

Last one please can people who I've never even dealt with not jump to negative conclusions about me, yes I find it hard to keep up with the huge demand I am getting at the moment along with the huge amounts of messages at all hours and on a daily basis, however I will always try and get back to people as best I can, if I do miss your message I'm really really sorry.

Cheers all

Few more points:
Yes in the UK we pay 20% VAT on everything that comes into the country so that's why our prices are higher the the US I'm afraid, if i had to do them any cheaper than I simply couldn't do them unfortunately.
The question is more how much taxes the guys in Europe are going to pay...

Because if your final price is 20% higher because of UK taxes, and people in Europe has to pay additional VAT and import taxes, that means that the European consumers end up paying over 40% extra in taxes... which doesn’t sound right (double taxing?)

as we have now left the EU X/ things have changed, this all also depend on the outcome of a trade deal which still has not been solved.

currently (before the switch) which is in January EU customers will pay no extra import taxes from the UK as the tax has already been paid (by us) that's why the cabs are £1500 only delivery is extra, Countries outside of the EU are slightly different as i can send these out of the country with no tax.

After the switch it looks like I will be able to send the goods from the uk with 0% tax anywhere in Europe...so the cabs would now be £1200, however you will pay your own countries taxes so check what this will be.

In the result of the trade deal being agreed things will remain the same as they are now and you will pay £1500 for the cab and there will be no extra tax to pay.

European countries won't pay double tax, unfortunately us leaving the EU makes things a little complicated but no worse for anyone, I will however keep everyone updated on this change.

If this works out badly then anyone who leaves a deposit can cancel at anytime upto the point the cabs have gone into production.

Hope that goes some way to clear things up :thumbsup:

Thanks for clearing things up!

Only question I still have is, do you include speakers for the cabinet while you add PSU and buttons and sticks? So only thing I would need to get myself would be the monitor and chassis for that?

Just want to throw out there; as someone who gets massive amounts of PM traffic on multiple platforms while juggling a very active business as just one person, it is REALLY hard to keep up with everyone! I only do it at great personal expense to time and energy, so please understand that it is probably really difficult for Japanarama to keep up. I know that feeling of putting something off so you can catch up and watching it just skip further and further without getting handled. I did that too with the inquiry system for this order. It’s all a lot of work! On the flip side, it’s also what we signed up for, so it should be our responsibility to keep up as much as possible with updates. Hopefully those updates will continue to remain regular from here out :)

Back