What's new
@hursit, my pre-order is still incorrect. I should be 3 total pre-ordered units: ( GREEN - GREEN - PINK ).

Also, that brings the count to 37 units. 3 left to go.

Are you planning on this being straight away, or is there some leeway in the pre-order period?

I know Cereth said he's busy for at least a few weeks, and I know you'd mentioned Ronnie may be able to sort you with a cab to borrow, plus color matching and 19" tate still need research.

If it all works out to mean production starts after the holidays you may end up with far more orders.

I have a feeling we’ll be looking at 2020 q2 at the earliest and q3 realistically.

There are a few QA requests and one man production and collaboration.

We’re talking steel purchasing cutting, rolling, powder coating, brackets, rivets, art, function, finishing, logistics, warehousing or storage, currency collecting, RMA policy and defect handling, mid assembly.

It’s huge effort.

I would love to hear @hursit ideal execution of this project.

I don't think this will get started until next year. Plus, there are some of us that are saving up for the holiday season and will be broke for a bit after the holiday season. So if pre-orders aren't taken until like February, probably ideal so that no one drops out.

No biggie, allows some time to source an OG Mini Cute for hursit 100% replicate. And if that happens and delays things another 2 months or so, would be worth the wait.

Are you planning on this being straight away, or is there some leeway in the pre-order period?

I know Cereth said he's busy for at least a few weeks, and I know you'd mentioned Ronnie may be able to sort you with a cab to borrow, plus color matching and 19" tate still need research.

If it all works out to mean production starts after the holidays you may end up with far more orders.
Actually i have plan to start quickly. After we complete the 40pc i will ask to people for payment. People will send the money to @Cereth.
When he complete the money he will sent to me %30 of payment. Then i will start. I dont know how many days takes to get all payment, but in this meanwhile i will start to redraw cabinet. I dont want waste time.
Yes ronnie told me he can borrow his cabinet. If he cant @Solmin will help us.
But i have to see how many people seriously make payment. Because there is some shitty paper works in Turkey to bring to Cute here.

Yes somebody have to take a look for tate mode.
I'll take one. 1 x Yellow.
I have added
I have a feeling we’ll be looking at 2020 q2 at the earliest and q3 realistically.

There are a few QA requests and one man production and collaboration.

We’re talking steel purchasing cutting, rolling, powder coating, brackets, rivets, art, function, finishing, logistics, warehousing or storage, currency collecting, RMA policy and defect handling, mid assembly.

It’s huge effort.

I would love to hear @hursit ideal execution of this project.
Yes this is a hard project but i want to start quickly as i can. I have some production plan. I will work with somebody to produce 50 cabinet at least. I cant make it myself in 2 month. But it looks i can produce it 40-50pc in 2 month around
I don't think this will get started until next year. Plus, there are some of us that are saving up for the holiday season and will be broke for a bit after the holiday season. So if pre-orders aren't taken until like February, probably ideal so that no one drops out.

No biggie, allows some time to source an OG Mini Cute for hursit 100% replicate. And if that happens and delays things another 2 months or so, would be worth the wait.
Yes maybe you right about it. We will wait for payment. Lets see how many days or month we will collect all money :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I do keep saying I’d prefer not to take the money myself since I’m already pretty heavily managing a lot of people’s money and orders already. However, I’m going to look into the transfer costs of sending larger amounts of money to you, converting currency etc and see if it’s worth actually collecting everything and sending it to you in a single lump payment. In that case I’ll do what I can to assist. Please talk to me about this before saying anymore about payments, I’m not comfortable working with the subject until some agreements are made

I do keep saying I’d prefer not to take the money myself since I’m already pretty heavily managing a lot of people’s money and orders already. However, I’m going to look into the transfer costs of sending larger amounts of money to you, converting currency etc and see if it’s worth actually collecting everything and sending it to you in a single lump payment. In that case I’ll do what I can to assist. Please talk to me about this before saying anymore about payments, I’m not comfortable working with the subject until some agreements are made
Sorry about of that. Of course i will talk before we ask for payment.

I can collect all the mine myself. It is not problem for me.

The payment has to be bank transfer. But, international transfer fees is really expensive. I thought if you collect the money you can transfer to me and people pay less money for the transfer. I think transfer to money in USA is more easier.

If we cant collect enough payment to start production, you can refund the money easily than me. This is worst scnerio which we dont want.

Other thing is about offical export and import rules. When i complete the cabinet and starting to complete all paper works for the export, they will ask me for bank receipt. They want to see all the payment details. This is a rule in Turkey. If they see seperate payments from many people thats gonna be very trouble. Everything has to be done officially.

When he complete the money he will sent to me %30 of payment. Then i will start. I dont know how many days takes to get all payment, but in this meanwhile i will start to redraw cabinet. I dont want waste time.
But i have to see how many people seriously make payment. Because there is some shitty paper works in Turkey to bring to Cute here.
I don't want to come off wrong, but I would be much more comfortable committing and paying /after/ the design and color matching is complete. Which it sounds like is not possible until you've got a cabinet in hand?

Paying, and then ironing out details in the design/color is not very ideal for the buyer because they don't know what the end result will be before paying.

It's a significant project. Probably need to approach it as such and set well defined milestones and goals. Even if you break things down I think a year out would not be an unreasonable expectation. Probably longer.

There's also the expected sourcing of materials
Shipping
There's also possible delays due to painting and assembly.

People can get hot real fast when their expectations aren't set way in advance. Just my 2 cents.
@hursit I'd recommend you really look into something like a spreadsheet or something like smartsheet and fill in all the steps that you can think of. It will help alot for you and the backers.
If you want some help with layout I can try. This way everything is very open and people can just go to a shared sheet to see what stage everything is at versus pinging you constantly.;

Wire transfer to Cereth in the USA.. that I can do because I have friends in low places if something happens:)... partial payment to build the cabs ( the mentioned 30%) and once the cabs are ready to ship the rest of the payment, that I can do... Full payment at front and wait..I can not do..

plus what rewrite mentioned above.

I don't want to come off wrong, but I would be much more comfortable committing and paying /after/ the design and color matching is complete. Which it sounds like is not possible until you've got a cabinet in hand?
Paying, and then ironing out details in the design/color is not very ideal for the buyer because they don't know what the end result will be before paying.
Yes i see what do you mean.

1- I cant find out the real colors. People have to help me about of that. You guys have to find RAL code of the colors. Then i will test it

2- You guys have to find out TATE mode for the 19" WG

3- If the people want to see this cabinet %100 original finish, i have to make some molds for the Bezel which is very expensive. Sorry but i cant make it before how many people serious about of the payment.

İ will re-draw it and make it again and pay more money. If we can collect enough pre-order payment maybe we i will cancel the project. Then what will i do. Sorry guys but i have to protect myself.

We have to load a container full for the custom and taxes payments. Of course i can send it 10 or 5 or 15 pieces of it. But it will be more expensive.

It's a significant project. Probably need to approach it as such and set well defined milestones and goals. Even if you break things down I think a year out would not be an unreasonable expectation. Probably longer.

There's also the expected sourcing of materials
Shipping
There's also possible delays due to painting and assembly.

People can get hot real fast when their expectations aren't set way in advance. Just my 2 cents.
@hursit I'd recommend you really look into something like a spreadsheet or something like smartsheet and fill in all the steps that you can think of. It will help alot for you and the backers.
If you want some help with layout I can try. This way everything is very open and people can just go to a shared sheet to see what stage everything is at versus pinging you constantly.;

1- I cant find out the real colors. People have to help me about of that. You guys have to find RAL code of the colors. Then i will test it
I feel like reaching out to Ronnie would be good for this. He's probably had more Cutes go through his hands than anyone else? I know there are folks on this forum with original cabs, but they don't seem to be piping up. Have you tried on ArcadeOtaku?

Same as above, I'm sure there are folks on here that could help, but no one has piped up. Just folks either with WG's and no Cute, or Cute and no WG. :/

3- If the people want to see this cabinet %100 original finish, i have to make some molds for the Bezel which is very expensive. Sorry but i cant make it before how many people serious about of the payment.
Sure, I get doing the molds after payment, but getting the design to be 1:1 with the original except for the monitor mount/bezel doesn't require payment, does it?

I feel like reaching out to Ronnie would be good for this. He's probably had more Cutes go through his hands than anyone else? I know there are folks on this forum with original cabs, but they don't seem to be piping up. Have you tried on ArcadeOtaku?
Same as above, I'm sure there are folks on here that could help, but no one has piped up. Just folks either with WG's and no Cute, or Cute and no WG. :/

Sure, I get doing the molds after payment, but getting the design to be 1:1 with the original except for the monitor mount/bezel doesn't require payment, does it?
I dont know how many cabinet he has. He is a very busy Guy and we cannot talk with him much more. Arcade otaku is comoletely Dead forum. I think we wont get anything in there. But somebody try it.
I have a lot of Job and im really busy, i hope you guys will help me about of those problems, Please :)

Yes my friend the only missing part is in my cabinet is Bezel and Bezel Holder materials. All of the rest is same. Maybe very very minor details. Which i have already build it.

And one more thing.

İ have already make 3 mold for this cabinet which has cost to me 10k USD around. Only for 2 cabinet.

One of them was for Pleksiglass
One of them was for oval corners
One of them was for ovel corner for the control panel.

There are some small molds too. Which i dont mention about of them.

When i have started this project i didnt think about of the selling. I just want to make it. Because i always think, maybe i cant complete it. You can see on the production thread how many times it took. Im always trying to make best. I have obsessed with the perfection

I actually waiting some trust from the people. They can check my other projects and see how people happy and like my staff.
I hope i can explain myself.

Sorry for my bad english

Yeah, I’ll go over some good payment policies and work something out. I’d like to be able to guarantee people’s money as well as protect myself at each phase of the project, so we’ll get some good documentation in place. I don’t want anyone uncomfortable at any stage, and make sure all funds are properly managed. I talked to @hursit briefly, we’ll make sure that is done. The logic makes sense that it would in fact be easier for me to handle initially.

On my end I’m charged something like $14 for all incoming wire transfers, $35 for domestic outgoing and $70 for international outgoing. PayPal charges 4% or something? per transaction goods & services, which is taken out of the seller’s account in case of refunds so I prefer not to do that, as it straight up fucks the seller. We’ll figure out how best to handle fees. If people are comfortable with PayPal Friends & Family, I’ll back all transactions within whatever guidelines are decided and documented in any agreements.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments on the matter, go ahead and let us know.

Yeah, I’ll go over some good payment policies and work something out. I’d like to be able to guarantee people’s money as well as protect myself at each phase of the project, so we’ll get some good documentation in place. I don’t want anyone uncomfortable at any stage, and make sure all funds are properly managed. I talked to @hursit briefly, we’ll make sure that is done. The logic makes sense that it would in fact be easier for me to handle initially.

On my end I’m charged something like $14 for all incoming wire transfers, $35 for domestic outgoing and $70 for international outgoing. PayPal charges 4% or something? per transaction goods & services, which is taken out of the seller’s account in case of refunds so I prefer not to do that, as it straight up fucks the seller. We’ll figure out how best to handle fees. If people are comfortable with PayPal Friends & Family, I’ll back all transactions within whatever guidelines are decided and documented in any agreements.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments on the matter, go ahead and let us know.
I think having some sort of Google sheet that tracks status of everyone's order (in your hands) would be great for transparency (Name / Email / Unit Count / Colours / Deposit Recvd. etc). Could we also leverage Western Union for payments to you? I've used them before to send large sums of money to China and it went well.

Additionally, are you able to ship these bad boys to Canada? Everything depends on that for me, as I seem to be the only guy living up here on this forum. Appreciate there's going to be more costs for me, as I'll have to pay taxes to get it into the country and shipping will be a bit more challenging but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I've actually re-arranged my home office to make space for the Cute and would be heart broken if I can't get one :(

Back