What's new
Yeah, I’ll go over some good payment policies and work something out. I’d like to be able to guarantee people’s money as well as protect myself at each phase of the project, so we’ll get some good documentation in place. I don’t want anyone uncomfortable at any stage, and make sure all funds are properly managed. I talked to @hursit briefly, we’ll make sure that is done. The logic makes sense that it would in fact be easier for me to handle initially.

On my end I’m charged something like $14 for all incoming wire transfers, $35 for domestic outgoing and $70 for international outgoing. PayPal charges 4% or something? per transaction goods & services, which is taken out of the seller’s account in case of refunds so I prefer not to do that, as it straight up fucks the seller. We’ll figure out how best to handle fees. If people are comfortable with PayPal Friends & Family, I’ll back all transactions within whatever guidelines are decided and documented in any agreements.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments on the matter, go ahead and let us know.
If we're sending 30% (of $1500), that'd be $450. Using PayPal, people could cover the fees if they send normal, or do Friends and Family but they wouldn't have the protection on their money. Covering the fees, you'd be looking at sending $463.75 to have the recipient get $450. Personally, I'm fine sending an additional $13.75 to have my money protected during this process.

I've used https://thefeecalculator.com/ many times before to check amounts on PayPal fees and it's always been good. Just a heads up.

Using PayPal, people could cover the fees if they send normal
PayPal now makes sellers eat the fees on a refund or dispute. So if someone paid the fees, then asked for a refund, they'd get $463.75 back, and the seller would have to eat the $13.75.

For 40 cabinets that's asking whoever is the middleman to be on the hook for $1650.

PayPal now makes sellers eat the fees on a refund or dispute. So if someone paid the fees, then asked for a refund, they'd get $463.75 back, and the seller would have to eat the $13.75.
For 40 cabinets that's asking whoever is the middleman to be on the hook for $1650.
Wow, was not aware of that. Yeah, that's a lot of money for the middleman to be on the hook for. Thanks PayPal.....

I’ve been trying to think about how to handle this myself. I’d like to think I can back transactions with my rep but not everyone takes that. I think even if I draft and have paperwork signed that says any fees paid to send money are non-refundable, PayPal would just fuck me anyway. Not sure what to do there yet.

Also since this deal isn’t just contingent on me, I’d have to be backing Hursit’s end of things on my rep too. I’m confident in myself but I can’t speak for him yet

Hello people.

I think i will cancel this project for a while. Because it is going to some way which we cant understand each other.

This is the plan,

I will make the cabinet as %100 original. ( ı will try to make it). Then we will talk about all of the rest again.

I think people get confused when i have said, %80.

I will complete it then we will see who want to buy it or not.

Thats it :thumbup:

Hello people.

I think i will cancel this project for a while. Because it is going to some way which we cant understand each other.

This is the plan,

I will make the cabinet as %100 original. ( ı will try to make it). Then we will talk about all of the rest again.

I think people get confused when i have said, %80.

Thats it :thumbup:
That's too bad! Clearly there's an interest. Even myself, at 80% I'd take one as its just a cool cab regardless of how 1:1 it is. I guess when you are ready to re-launch please let us all know, I will still be interested regardless of outcome.

This seems smart to me.

It's cool to see there's all this interest, but people should probably just wait and see what's final when it's ready. These projects always, always, always take longer than you think too. Not a knock on hursit, but producing 40 cabinets is an endeavor, and there's always something unforeseen. If you don't have patience and chill you shouldn't get mixed up in the first place.

So waiting to see the final design is really no big deal for anyone who's serious.

This seems smart to me.
It's cool to see there's all this interest, but people should probably just wait and see what's final when it's ready. These projects always, always, always take longer than you think too. Not a knock on hursit, but producing 40 cabinets is an endeavor, and there's always something unforeseen. If you don't have patience and chill you shouldn't get mixed up in the first place.

So waiting to see the final design is really no big deal for anyone who's serious.
I have a production plan. Im always doing production and i know how it works.

This is not the reason to cancel this project ;)

Last edited:
I was asked to try and flesh out Hursit's thoughts in English.

There seemed to be some confusion stemming from his 80% comment. The cabinet that has already been completed is 80% accurate. But moving forward the goal is for the cabinets that will be sold to be 1:1 aside from monitor-related stuff (bezel, mounting points, etc).

Additionally the middleman thing may or may not be the future of this project. Both in terms of payment and/or shipment. That'll be reviewed again when a 100% cab design has been finished and another poll for pre-orders is completed.

If I got anything wrong, @hursit let me know and I'll edit it to your liking.

As an aside: I'm still trying to help with accuracy/etc and providing measurements. If any of you can help too, I'd appreciate it.

- If anyone has repainted their Cute or looked into it, we could absolutely use your color codes, please share them. If not, and since I don't have blue or yellow cabs myself, maybe @Derick2k or @Arcade game who I know do have them might be able to assist?

- If you live in SoCal and have a 19" WG you can lend for an hour for testing fitment, I'd appreciate it. I'm still looking for one just in case.

- If by some great luck you're in Europe and willing to lend your entire cab, it could be of help. I know that someone over here in the states offered, but it'd save everyone a lot of time/money if it were at least on the same continent!

keep that universal monitor mount thing in there.. I have been looking around for 19” monitors and my options are to pay $500 for a cab and take the parts out but then I will have to deal with recapping the chassis etc which recapping is over $130..a non burn in WG 19” goes for $500 in my area, 20” USA size TVs that can be RGB mod are still around for $20 and are becoming popular and will be a great option. I have also been looking for 19” TVs that can be put on WG chassis for a long while and I have not seen any. I initially thought that finding a 19” WG Monitor would be easy and cost effective..oh boy was I wrong.

Yep it’ll be more ready on all fronts a bit down the line!

maybe @Derick2k or @Arcade game who I know do have them might be able to assist?
I can try to do a color match at one of my local bodyshops, @hursit what brand auto paints do you have access to /use so I can compare to what I get locally, I can definitely get you the yellow and green.
We need powder coat code my friend. Not automotive
Not a problem, just need to know what you have access to/brands/etc...so I can get you the code.

maybe @Derick2k or @Arcade game who I know do have them might be able to assist?
I can try to do a color match at one of my local bodyshops, @hursit what brand auto paints do you have access to /use so I can compare to what I get locally, I can definitely get you the yellow and green.
We need powder coat code my friend. Not automotive
Not a problem, just need to know what you have access to/brands/etc...so I can get you the code.
Yes please.
If you can find the code, i can try to find it and test it.
There are always some color catalog for the painting. Maybe you can find one of them and compare it with your minis

Back