What's new
“The 1p panel seems good but i dont know about coin Mech. It is on the middle of the control panel and im not sure it will let for the 1p Joystick .
I will test it when i start to production.”

when I was on this boat, my plan was to have 1p only because 2p doesn’t make sense on the cab.. the only way to do this that I see is to create the panel and just don’t drill the holes for P2 and leave p1 on its place with the coin insert..the second option recreate the panel with one player in mind and remove the coin mech, add a 24mm button where the coin eject button is located and wire that for coin..looking at the cab, I don’t see any other way that this can be done due to the location of the coin bucket which needs the coin mech to be on a free fall location to guide the token to the bucket.

the second change would have been the monitor’s plexi..a clear plexi would be better for the monitor’s colors and brightness because your eyes will have direct access to the monitor..the tinted plexi reduces the monitor’s true colors and brightness, the only plus is that the tinted plexi looks cool..

Last edited:
So here's probably what I'll do. $500 deposit per cab, remaining $1,000 to be paid when production is complete and before the container loads. I'll probably put together an order form, have the following information for me:

Name
Shipping Address
email
Phone Number
Screenname (incl. preferred media e.g. Facebook/arcade-projects/Discord etc.)
Cabinet Color/Quantity (or other special requests)

I will accept the following payment methods:

PayPal Friends & Family (ANY payment with fees will REQUIRE actual fee amount paid, as these ONLY create more risk for the seller)
Wire Transfer ($20 incoming wire fee must be paid)
Zelle (Might be a monthly limit if too many incoming payments)

I do not have Facebook pay or Venmo, if you cannot do any of the above, get in touch and we can talk. With transactions more difficult to track such as Wire Transfer/Zelle, make sure you get in touch with me so that we can confirm who's payment is who's.

In the case I don't get an order form up (likely), I'll probably try to clear enough PM space out to just handle it in PMs; however, most/all updates will come here to the thread. I will probably not be giving people individual updates unless specifically geared for you. I will answer questions in PM naturally, though. Since I already have a full inbox and a lot to manage, I would appreciate any general questions be put here in the thread though. At worst I may just ask for anyone on the list making PayPal payments to just send a payment to my account with the above information, and I will record it/update here on the thread, to keep PM traffic manageable.

If anyone has any questions about the above, please mention here! Otherwise maybe Monday or so I'll start taking deposits and filling my spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Cabs went up $500 in cost, or is that a typo, @Cereth?

And the timing moved up a few weeks? A few days ago it was end of the month for deposits.

Cabs went up $500 in cost, or is that a typo, @Cereth?

And the timing moved up a few weeks? A few days ago it was end of the month for deposits.
Oh god, fixed. Also end of month is still okay. I'll just start accepting them next week or so

EDIT: sooner the better if we start going into the 80 orders though, I believe @hursit's timetable will be quicker than that and I still need to recoup by July 4 or so. Regardless, end of month is still okay as long as the deadline is met

The next project is the NEO 19? You can probably count me in for that one as well! But I'd be most interested in Egret 2 lol.

I don't know if i can do much to help as far as finding parts we all can agree on for options since im a total noob here. As for monitors, I have been expanding my search for 20 inch consumer crts, and been having better luck fining some decent ones locally. The process to rgb them seems easy too so I should be set there.

I’m curious if anyone will resort to installing a crt PC monitor paired with a scan converter/scaler.

I’m curious if anyone will resort to installing a crt PC monitor paired with a scan converter/scaler.
The thought did occur to me, as it would make it nice to play all the wacky resolution games, but 19 inch pc monitors are becoming more difficult to find for me. Also I kinda didn't want too many extra devices.

The next project is the NEO 19? You can probably count me in for that one as well! But I'd be most interested in Egret 2 lol.
Neo 19 would be cool, I can see myself getting one. An E2 mini cab or full cab??
Full.
Won't happen thanks to the hood/bezel area. Shapes that can't easily be made without working in fiberglass or plastic.

Plus, 19" monitors are still fairly okay to come by, but 29's would be a whole lot harder. People are already scrambling around and buying them up for existing candies.

Neo 19 would be cool, I can see myself getting one. An E2 mini cab or full cab??
Full.
Won't happen thanks to the hood/bezel area. Shapes that can't easily be made without working in fiberglass or plastic.
Plus, 19" monitors are still fairly okay to come by, but 29's would be a whole lot harder. People are already scrambling around and buying them up for existing candies.
Ahh see that's why i'm the noob here. Would a smaller size make any difference? It would probably make finding monitors/tv's easier but I have the feeling the hood/bezel area would still be difficult. Oh well, it will save me a ton since I would have ordered a few of these.

I'm really excited for the cute. Gonna be the first candy cab i own and they just have such a great look. I think 19 inches might be the right size for sitting up close for arcades. I had a 27 inch crt and with that one i sat back a bit farther.

@Bad_Hambre “I think 19 inches might be the right size for sitting up close for arcades. I had a 27 inch crt and with that one i sat back a bit farther.”

hey brother welcome to my world; I have the same issue.. I can not seat close to monitors and sold my cabs. I find that 13” to my eyes is the perfect size/angle. It was to do with your eyes site changing and the brightness of the monitor being CRTs or LCD. The cute should be fine 19”-18” due to the tinted plexi which blocks all the brightness and shields your eyes, the negative is that your eyes don’t have direct access to the monitor which results in not appropriating the monitor’s true colors and brightness..if you go with let’s say a clear plexi on the cute, your eyes might have issues.

So anyone here has a spare 19" monitor for sale? Or any ideas where I can start looking? I'm a noob when it comes to CRT so I just want to get a working CRT and plug it right into this project cab... only things I found are some heavily burned Wells Gardner K4900 19" on ebay.... May be Rewrite you can hook me up with one? I'm your friendly neighbor in Socal lol

The page for ordering is up. Please let me know if there are any problems.

http://www.gamesaru.net/mini_cute_repo

I'm thinking of using an email CC list to send out important updates, and/or will post here. If you are coming from here, please note your screenname so I can properly link information with users. First deposit of $500 will be expected by end of the month, you can just send PayPal Friends & Family (NO FEES, I'm not dealing with that crap), or Zelle to (775) 544-0465. Either way, it would be helpful if you can note in the comments when and how you are intending to pay the balance. In the case of Zelle where you can't easily put comments in the payment, you can go ahead and send me a PM to confirm. If any other payment methods are desired, you can leave them in the comments, and I will contact you personally. I'll try to get a list up somewhere that notes preorders and paid status so you can see if everything was received properly.

Go for it! Again if you have questions or anything, let me know! I'll be happy to answer them before you order. In the case we go over 40 orders but not enough to increase to 80, the numbered listings on this thread will have priority over all other orders. Don't worry about that!

Any unpaid preorders ($500) will be removed from the list on July 1st unless you've spoken with me and we've made some agreement, and passed on to anyone down the list. Any orders that look like spam will also be removed.

So anyone here has a spare 19" monitor for sale? Or any ideas where I can start looking? I'm a noob when it comes to CRT so I just want to get a working CRT and plug it right into this project cab... only things I found are some heavily burned Wells Gardner K4900 19" on ebay.... May be Rewrite you can hook me up with one? I'm your friendly neighbor in Socal lol
from rewrite’s suggestions include Facebook marketplace..your chances of finding a burn in free 19” arcade monitor are very low but maybe you will get lucky. But realistically, be prepared to perform tube swaps..as a few members here commented, go to your near recycling place and see if they allow you access to the CRTs. Also, look for TVs on the mentioned places for tube swaps. I’m a noob like you and learned the tube swap thing on 13” arcade monitors. The first swap is nerve reckoning but after that it becomes easy..practice with a junk TV first on removing the yoke, rings, etc and re-adjusting them back to the TV.

Back