What's new
I have the VB199TP that I used for my Arcade1UP and MiSTer setup. Let me know if you want me to do any tests on it. The max res is 1280x1024 so it's not too bad. Great news, is it does have VESA mounts and is very light weight, so any cheap VESA mount will do. A rotatable VESA would be great.
How do you like it?
I like it, no complaints here for the price. I think these monitors would be perfect for the mini cute. I pulled the monitor and did a quick side by side of the LG 32GK650F-B 32” monitor vs the ASUS VB199T-P 19”. Latency is very low and plays perfectly fine for fighting and schmup games. Color is reasonable too, especially for a $118 monitor.

FYI, the MiSTer resolution is set to 1280x1024 with Integer scaling ON (hence the black bars) and CRT scanlines set to 50%. If you wanted you can scale it to full screen with vscale_mode=0. (Still looks good imo, but not integer scaled)

Attachments

• 143F5080-5DF8-496A-8964-32D19F2A4912.jpeg
    143F5080-5DF8-496A-8964-32D19F2A4912.jpeg
    374.6 KB · Views: 140
I have the VB199TP that I used for my Arcade1UP and MiSTer setup. Let me know if you want me to do any tests on it. The max res is 1280x1024 so it's not too bad. Great news, is it does have VESA mounts and is very light weight, so any cheap VESA mount will do. A rotatable VESA would be great.
How do you like it?
I like it, no complaints here for the price. I think these monitors would be perfect for the mini cute. I pulled the monitor and did a quick side by side of the LG 32GK650F-B 32” monitor vs the ASUS VB199T-P 19”. Latency is very low and plays perfectly fine for fighting and schmup games. Color is reasonable too, especially for a $118 monitor.
FYI, the MiSTer resolution is set to 1280x1024 with Integer scaling ON (hence the black bars) and CRT scanlines set to 50%. If you wanted you can scale it to full screen with vscale_mode=0. (Still looks good imo, but not integer scaled)
Thanks for your testing my friend

Do you think can you share with me some measurements ?

Screen Size without plastic ( viewable area )
Total Size with plastic
Total Thickness with plastic ( i have marked on the picture )
Back holder measurements. Screw Centers to Centers please, and the total position of the 4 screws on the back. All will be Screw Center's please

JLvaRrN.jpg

GgXdcwg.jpg

Sure, I can get some accurate measurements later tonight. Btw, that monitor in the picture you posted isn't the VB199T-P. I'll also take some pictures later.

How do you like it?
I got a few 4:3 LCD TFT monitors for free and tested them with my Sharp x68000 and SNES on OSSC to see the results of 24 KHZ compatibility and integer scaling.

All 3 of them had scaling issues and uneven scan lines unfortunately. They looked to be of the late 90's era.

I'm curious how that monitors handle OSSC scaling.

The 1280x960 4:3 monitors should natively scale a line doubled 240p image correctly without an OSSC so we could use the Retro Scaler A1 or cheap line doublers with SLG.

Also I think it worth mentioning that I for one am willing to wait if it means a more complete product that meets the needs of everyone on the order.

How do you like it?
I like it, no complaints here for the price. I think these monitors would be perfect for the mini cute. I pulled the monitor and did a quick side by side of the LG 32GK650F-B 32” monitor vs the ASUS VB199T-P 19”. Latency is very low and plays perfectly fine for fighting and schmup games. Color is reasonable too, especially for a $118 monitor.FYI, the MiSTer resolution is set to 1280x1024 with Integer scaling ON (hence the black bars) and CRT scanlines set to 50%. If you wanted you can scale it to full screen with vscale_mode=0. (Still looks good imo, but not integer scaled)
I got a few 4:3 LCD TFT monitors for free and tested them with my Sharp x68000 and SNES on OSSC to see the results of 24 KHZ compatibility and integer scaling.
All 3 of them had scaling issues and uneven scan lines unfortunately. They looked to be of the late 90's era.

The 1280x960 4:3 monitors should natively scale a line doubled 240p image correctly without an OSSC so we could use the Retro Scaler A1 or cheap line doublers with SLG.
I can play around with my Scart SNES and the OSSC. What modes are interested in me testing?

How do you like it?
I like it, no complaints here for the price. I think these monitors would be perfect for the mini cute. I pulled the monitor and did a quick side by side of the LG 32GK650F-B 32” monitor vs the ASUS VB199T-P 19”. Latency is very low and plays perfectly fine for fighting and schmup games. Color is reasonable too, especially for a $118 monitor.FYI, the MiSTer resolution is set to 1280x1024 with Integer scaling ON (hence the black bars) and CRT scanlines set to 50%. If you wanted you can scale it to full screen with vscale_mode=0. (Still looks good imo, but not integer scaled)
I got a few 4:3 LCD TFT monitors for free and tested them with my Sharp x68000 and SNES on OSSC to see the results of 24 KHZ compatibility and integer scaling.All 3 of them had scaling issues and uneven scan lines unfortunately. They looked to be of the late 90's era.

I can play around with my Scart SNES and the OSSC. What modes are interested in me testing?
2x 3x 4x. Upclose scanlines.

I see a problem with your screen being 5:4 and not 4:3. If it were 1280x960 and not 1280x1024 we could have edge to edge full screen image on a full 240 resolution and 4:3.

I'm sure it could be framed in.

Whats your diagonal length on a 4:3 image on that monitor?

To @Epyc or anyone else testing their monitors, I'd suggest using the Manual Lag Test on the 240p Test Suite to grab some accurate data.

It helps to have some data instead of a "good enough for me" testimony.

To @Epyc or anyone else testing their monitors, I'd suggest using the Manual Lag Test on the 240p Test Suite to grab some accurate data.

It helps to have some data instead of a "good enough for me" testimony.
The manual lag test in no good.

I would use the the standard "Lag Test" with a video splitter going to a CRT TV at the same time and take a high shutter speed image of the 2 screens.

I filled out the form. I'll pay the deposit by the end of the week. Gonna re open again hopefully this week so i gotta keep a small reserve in case i need to buy some stuff.

Also I think it worth mentioning that I for one am willing to wait if it means a more complete product that meets the needs of everyone on the order.
I think most of us would be. But at the same time squabbling over monitors and other individual needs is how we ended up killing the Nov pre-order attempt.

K4900, K7000 have different frames if I'm not mistaken. And one of the two you can't remove the frame without doing a bunch of modifications as it's the main ground for the chassis. So we should probably get measurements on both?

Screenshot_20200623-184611.png

Attachments

• Wells-Gardner-K7000-19-Arcade-Monitor-BURN.jpg
    Wells-Gardner-K7000-19-Arcade-Monitor-BURN.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I feel the same way about LCD's as everyone else, there are pros and cons. I chimed in here to give feedback on the LCD that @'Derick2k'' was referring to. This isn't the right thread to discuss details of any specific LCD's.

I went ahead and tested my Scart SNES and OSSC on the VB199T-P. With that said, if you're interested in details of this particular LCD, feel free to DM me or I can create a new thread.

I feel the same way about LCD's as everyone else, there are pros and cons. I chimed in here to give feedback on the LCD that @'Derick2k'' was referring to. This isn't the right thread to discuss details of any specific LCD's.

I went ahead and tested my Scart SNES and OSSC on the VB199T-P. With that said, if you're interested in details of this particular LCD, feel free to DM me or I can create a new thread.
Yeah, i want details, why not?! :D I willing to test what I can. So far those Asus monitors seem to be the best bang for the buck that you can still get new. I have zero problems with using an lcd until i get a chance to get decent CRT for this cab.

I only have the leo bodnar 720p & 1080p lag testers, there is another that is supposed to be better, but I dont have had that. Im not getting into any other crazy testing schemes, the Leo stuff works fine enough for what I need.

@acblunden2
Please can you check WG ' measurements and compare this pictures ?
you dont need to compare the Radisu of the Tubes. I have already done it and test it with @rewrite It perfectly fine. But i have to be sure about of the Total TALL of the tubes with Chasis and everything. And attach point etc...

tFTYXfO.jpg
I'll try tonight. Sorry, some stuff has been moved around for remodeling and clean-up. I know I still have to get you scans of the E2 side art.Question, those diagrams show the tube only. You want to measurements with the frame, correct?
Ok thank you ;)
you will see there is a measurement which is 432,6mm. It is the top point of the tube to bottom point. Please check that size with your real WG 19. Please measure it with the Bottom PCB of the tube.

i have checked the 4:3 LCD screen measurements, im afraid it doesnt fit into the original bezel holder. Sorry we have to make it for 19"LCD too.
17 5/8" is the measurement. Measured with the tube screen face down on the floor. A level laid across the neckboard PCB, then marked to the wall. Addedin an extra 1/8" to account for my K7000 not having the protective sheet behind the PCB.

I'll need to figure out how to level out the tube with the screen facing down to get you accurate measurements for the mount points from the frame (not the dog ears of the tube). Keeps twisting around on me. Standby for that.

Will also get you the mount hole measurements (from center) as soon as I find a proper square from my tools. Will also give you the mount hole measurements with my cheapo Harbor Freight calipers.

Probably won't finish tonight as it is dark now.

@acblunden2 thanks for your effort.

That means you measure it 450 mm with PCB protector. But it is 433mm on the schematics.

So, i have draw the monitor last night as schematics and it looks , there are 17mm space between Monitor Bottom PCB to Mini Cute Back Door.

But if we care your measurements, that means it will touch on the Back door, or maybe 2mm space.

I dont draw the Monitor Holders yet. I have to be sure the position of those holders. It has to be match with original perfectly. I hope @rewrite will measure it ;)

And @rewrite can you measure your monitor by the @acblunden2 ' method please ?

Thanks.

QLb7wk7.png

twEXlTF.png

FmUkA2C.png

@hursit, that measurement is pretty consistent with what I found earlier on the other thread. I have a 2nd WG 19K7000 and will measure that one as well for a sanity check.

@hursit, that measurement is pretty consistent with what I found earlier on the other thread. I have a 2nd WG 19K7000 and will measure that one as well for a sanity check.
What tube do you have? I know both rewrite and I have a Phillips MV A48ABK05X. (We discussed this last year)

Back