What's new
enough to warrant their own subsection on the Arcade Projects forum.
I sincerely love segasonicfan and don't want to drag him into this mess, he's made one product and has his own sub-section. It's a very low bar.
I do agree with most of your other points though. But @PXL Bill is right in saying that brushing off valid concerns (and some of these are indeed valid concerns) and claiming they're fear-mongering is silly.
Fair, it didn't used to be a low bar but that may have changed.

And there are valid concerns regarding the monitor, and that's something I feel should absolutely be resolved before it goes to fabrication.

Regarding IP infringement, I don't see that as being a valid concern. The folks that were popped for selling machines were popped for counterfeiting. These aren't being passed off as original, nor are they coming with software:

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Prosecutors-6-charged-with-making-fake-Pac-Man-11749616.php

The rest is spurious, at best.

All things will be fine with this reproduction effort. The power of the community is behind hursit's effort and Cereth's investment. Have faith.

Hursit has run a business reproducing arcade posters, fabricating metal cases for PCBs, fabricating arcade fightsticks, etc.
It goes beyond just posts. There are a lot of folks here and elsewhere that have purchased these things from them and have expressed their praise. To say you just have their post history to go on is a bit disingenuous. Hursit clearly has established a good reputation, enough to warrant their own subsection on the Arcade Projects forum.

I mean what are you suggesting here exactly? That Hursit spent years building this reputation for the express purpose of pulling off a scam, going so far as to fabricate a prototype and showing the metal fabrication process, to make $50-60k?

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?
So he does business outside this forum? Great - does he use a different name? I don't recall coming across anything outside of Arcade-Projects.com that he's attached his name to. More power to him if he has experience with this type of stuff. Non A-P diehards may not have come across his work.

I was never intending to persuade anyone into doing this-or-that, and nowhere in ANY of my posts have I made a suggestion that Hursit was out to "scam" anyone. There are MANY people that have done that for FAR less than "$50-60k."

@rewrite and @SNK-NEO-GEO

How much of a gap is there between the front cover and monitor glass?

That is our distance we can extend the frame into by installing bushings on the standoff and possibly extending the standoff to compensate.

If anything the bigger image and closer distance would look better than before

Or maybe shorten the bezel form to make up the gap even.

I don't want to see people hung up on the issue when it could be resolved.

Also if the worst were to happen. The most anyone would be out of pocket would be the paypal fees paid if any after refund. This scare is blown out of proportion.

@Derick2k

The Slim LCD cute is genious!

I have been thinking about a slim 4:3 LCD cab for months. I just never had the balls to ask someone to redesign a one off. If that were to happen I would add x2 slimline yellow cutes to my order.

@Epyc shared his Asus monitor on a 4X integer I gotta say. I was impressed. I just wouldn't want to waste all that space in a CRT cab by retrofitting an LCD. A slimmer cab would be so cool.

So he does business outside this forum? Great - does he use a different name? I don't recall coming across anything outside of Arcade-Projects.com that he's attached his name to. More power to him if he has experience with this type of stuff. Non A-P diehards may not have come across his work.
https://www.trfightstick.com/

@hursit, that measurement is pretty consistent with what I found earlier on the other thread. I have a 2nd WG 19K7000 and will measure that one as well for a sanity check.
Thanks buddy for double check
@hursit, that measurement is pretty consistent with what I found earlier on the other thread. I have a 2nd WG 19K7000 and will measure that one as well for a sanity check.
What tube do you have? I know both rewrite and I have a Phillips MV A48ABK05X. (We discussed this last year)
Do you think can you measure it?@rewrite doesnt have the frame and bittim pcb
Yea, I can measure mine. No problem.

Hello.

I am interested in this project but I live in France.
What is the process for people located in Europe ?
I found someone in facebook (I guess he's also a member of this forum) @Gamingonetrading who proposed a door to door shipping.
But does it mean that I must contact him or should i still fill the form if I want to get one candy cab ?

Thank you for your answer and and congratulations for leading such a great project.

I would like also to add that I would prefer to go with a 19' monitor (what is the monitor used in the youtube video, it looks great) and was wondering if it could be an option a get something different than yellow/pink/or green (white ?).

I will say, being involved in other arcade reproductions of parts / cabinets; this is actually going pretty well, imo. I think @hursit has done a great job on everything so far, and the communication on remaining / needed stuff to finish. Yes, I think everyone wanting one wants to see the monitor and anything else worked sooner than later, but hursit has shown he can get it done.

Also, knowing @Cereth for years (somewhat indirectly) through the bemani community, I can say I trust him. He does a lot with machine importing already, and knows his stuff. I feel comfortable putting my $500 down given that and what hursit has shown so far.

Obviously money and the feeling of "comfort" on this is different for everyone. Just throwing my 2 cents in that I trust Cereth and everything hursit has done so far on this project. Excited to see it evolve and eventually get one.

I would like also to add that I would prefer to go with a 19' monitor (what is the monitor used in the youtube video, it looks great) and was wondering if it could be an option a get something different than yellow/pink/or green (white ?).
per game saru: You can select between the 3 normal colors: Green, Pink, and Yellow. We cannot do custom colors, due to the cost and volume of preparing any paint; it must be done in large quantities, so we will only be doing the original 3.

per game saru: You can select between the 3 normal colors: Green, Pink, and Yellow. We cannot do custom colors, due to the cost and volume of preparing any paint; it must be done in large quantities, so we will only be doing the original 3.
I am currently trying to convince my wife to agree on having a cab in the house.
And a white color would be perfect to better fit in a living room :)

But I understand your point of course.

@rewrite and @SNK-NEO-GEO

How much of a gap is there between the front cover and monitor glass?“

I would say about 3” and change..maybe an option would be to ship da man a WG monitor frame so he can mount on the cab because sometimes blind measurements might be a different story than having the real thing..

I don't see a problem with extending the cab from the back to accommodate clearance, the cab already isn't 100% accurate, what's the issue with adding another 1" to it for the sake of allowing a more widely available 19" monitor? I'm completely against using an obscure Chinese 17" crt.

Hopefully we can come up with a solution to mount a 19" wg be it by leaving a panel to be accessed through the back or using spacers to slide the tube to the front or using a trimmed bezel.

I don't see a problem with extending the cab from the back to accommodate clearance
Only issue being anyone who already has a cab and wants a second/third/tenth is going to have these sticking out looking odd.

Thats the plan
I will take measurements for the Frame first, if there wont be any issue , no problem, but if i dont feel comfortable about it and some question in my mind, i think @acblunden2 can ship only the frame.

In worst scnario, i think i can make the cabinet 1cm wider and 1cm Taller if people never mind about it ?

I would prefer not to extend the back unless you have to.

Do you guys see a way to bring the monitor forward and work with some of that 3+ inches of space?

Back