What's new
Does anyone have an original Cute and one of these monitors to test the fit or see what needs to be modified to fit?

Or, does anybody know of someone that has made this upgrade?

If it fits in the original it should fit in the reproduction.

Does anyone have an original Cute and one of these monitors to test the fit or see what needs to be modified to fit?

Last year I was asked to source a 19" tube and see if it'd fit or if the cab wasn't deep enough. I said I found one, but didn't have the frame, and that it fit.

Fast forward 7 months and we're at the discussion we're at today.

So far the story is:
No one with a Cute near someone with a monitor. No one with a monitor near me that's willing to help.

Well, the OG is an 18" monitor and the K7000 is 19". So it won't fit at all. Square plug/round hole thing.

I offered to ship him my monitor. But you can't export a used item to Turkey. Best we can do is take accurate measurents of the K7000 and pass them to hursit. Then do physical fitment tests with a prototype.

Last year I was asked to source a 19" tube and see if it'd fit or if the cab wasn't deep enough. I said I found one, but didn't have the frame, and that it fit.

So far the story is:
No one with a Cute near someone with a monitor. No one with a monitor near me that's willing to help.
I have access to a mini Cute and a K7000. But how could this fit if the original monitor is 18" and the K7000 is 19"?

...has anyone looked into whether theres a patent or some sort of copyright on the design? Capcom can be pretty litigious - what course do people have if this gets a C&D?
yes, because I'm sure that capcom wouldn't first C&D The CPS2 Multi.

Or the CPS3 superbios cart

or even the phoenix romset

eye roll

So far the story is:
I have access to a mini Cute and a K7000. But how could this fit if the original monitor is 18" and the K7000 is 19"?
Tell ya what. You look like you got this under control, "Chief" and I'm glad. This means I don't need to bother taking any measurements tonight.

@rewrite, @hursit - Since I am sending you guys some packages anyways, let me know if you want me to send the k7000 frame too.

YES YOU NEED AN ISO. THESE SHOULD BE AC WIRED FOR A FULL GROUND AS WELL FOR THE ISO. Otherwise, the ISO is a paperweight.

I am getting tired of wannabe monitor experts on here.

WG4600s were mentioned and the confusion is that frame is used for the interface board and needs to be properly regrounded on top of using an ISO Transformer.

The K7000s need an ISO or you are gonna have ppl blowing chassis.

@DecepticonZero and others are not derailing the damn thread. You guys are not listening to the concerns. You just think they want to "Destroy the Project".

Months of working 80HRS+ a week on salary with COVID has me on the edge. But some of you just aren't listening at all.
Bro, seriously, thanks for the solid info, cause none of this has been discussed afaik, now I havent read through the whole thread either, so it might have.

Totally understand you re covid/work...

tenor.gif

Bro, seriously, thanks for the solid info, cause none of this has been discussed afaik, now I havent read through the whole thread either, so it might have.
It hasn't unfortunately. This issue popped up last night.

Since the back of this arcade is removable (cardboard area in images) one compromise could be to create a back panel that accommodates the larger monitor and keeps all other dimensions of the arcade near to the original. This piece can be optional and be switched with one that would fit flush if using a smaller monitor. The new panel can even be designed to maintain the patterning capability of the arcade (lining them up back to back or in a circle.

All this is assuming that there is no other way to fit in the K7000 and the dimensions must change.

Image Source
17279827759_eb1607d9a1.jpg

Attachments

• 17466235975_81c67915a1.jpg
    17466235975_81c67915a1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 101
We've already discussed the bubble option and it's frowned upon by most. And as I stated before, that messes with the arrangement options from the flyer.

Tell ya what. You look like you got this under control, "Chief" and I'm glad. This means I don't need to bother taking any measurements tonight.
@rewrite, @hursit - Since I am sending you guys some packages anyways, let me know if you want me to send the k7000 frame too.
Maybe hold off on sending that frame. Honestly, I don't see how the K7000 will fit inside the cab with the frame. Let me get those measurements to hursit. I think I have a mental picture of how to get those leveled measurements easily now, just can't do it tonight as I am out and about.

And like I said, I'm an Indian in this (like you). Chiefs have rank titles.
If you put the two together: we'll know.
Just to confirm, you tried fitting a a K7000 tube without frame into the OG mini cute already? If so, were you successful?

I ask because looking at the drawings and the frame here in front of me, there is no way the frame goes into the OG minicute. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow with and without the frame, but I just want to know if you've crossed this bridge already.

@Cereth, you don't have a WG 19K7000? Surprising that you might not.
It hasn't unfortunately. This issue popped up last night.
This is covered now. No worries, we will get this all done together. Keep those concerns and questions coming.

Yes. Without frame the tube fits.

Posted a WTB on KLOV last year. Some dude gave me a burnt out 19" tube from a WG. And it fits.

And as I said then, and as I say now, I have no idea how it'd fit with the frame or anything else involved. But if you're just talking tube in the space that the monitor goes in: it fits.

Maybe hold off on sending that frame.
With all due respect AC, that was an offer to rewrite and hursit. You have control over what you do, but you don't have control over what I do.

You're being overbearing. Back off.

With all due respect AC, that was an offer to rewrite and hursit. You have control over what you do, but you don't have control over what I do.
You're being overbearing. Back off.
I mean are you sending the frame in regard to assisting in the repro effort? If so, I'll take care of that with the measurements. In doing so, saves you guys some trouble. Hence the "maybe" part. If you are sending the frame as a personal offer/arrangement, by all means.

Not being overbearing. Hope that contextualizes my statement.

With all due respect AC, that was an offer to rewrite and hursit. You have control over what you do, but you don't have control over what I do.You're being overbearing. Back off.
I mean are you sending the frame in regard to assisting in the repro effort? If so, I'll take care of that with the measurements. In doing so, saves you guys some trouble. Hence the "maybe" part. If you are sending the frame as a personal offer/arrangement, by all means.
Not being overbearing. Hope that contextualizes my statement.
Leave. Me. Alone.

Measurements won't compare to having the thing in hand, I don't think. They're an excellent starting point, and they're obviously useful, but the entire thing would have been done 100x quicker if hursit simply had access to a Cute and/or monitor directly. Sometimes things get lost in translation (and I don't even just mean language here). Just the nature of things.

I think what's important to find out is: if you can pretend the mounting points are not present in the Cute: would the frame fit? More specifically, would the back corners hit the back corners of the cab, or would it clear? We already know the flaps on the side need to be cut down in order for it to fit, but depth-wise will the frame fit?

And if not, how possible it looks to redesign the frame so the chassis can still be held properly to the tube. Hursit already said it looks like some of the frame could be shaved off in a redesign and it may fit.

Back