What's new
You sure? We are talking about earth ground here, not DC ground. In the event of a surge, if the metal shell is the ground and the player is touching the metal shell which will be the case in the playing position, wouldn't the player be in for a shock?
Absolutely. You want the metal shell at ground potential. Anything else and you're asking to be shocked. If there was a short you would probably feel a jolt, but a grounded shell is the shortest path for electricity to get to ground, the electricity flowing through you will have more resistance. A large amount of electricity will flow through the shell and blow the fuse.

Guess what happens if the shell isn't grounded?

Sounds good @nem. I remember installing appliances and seeing ground to the metal shell. All making sense now.

I gotta be honest, I think I'm going to pull out for now. This seemed promising at first but the hangups that stand in front of us now are too much for me to gamble on. Hopefully there's a better resolution in store going forward.

I gotta be honest, I think I'm going to pull out for now. This seemed promising at first but the hangups that stand in front of us now are too much for me to gamble on. Hopefully there's a better resolution in store going forward.
We're at the point where it seems there aren't hang-ups any longer. @hursit has a tube in hand the proper size, and will have a frame here in however long it takes USPS and Turkish post to get it there.

Backing out earlier in the week would make sense on this note, but not so much now, really?

Follow your heart though, if it's not good for you, it's not good for you. Just wanted to point out that at current there don't seem to be any hangups.

We're at the point where it seems there aren't hang-ups any longer. @hursit has a tube in hand the proper size, and will have a frame here in however long it takes USPS and Turkish post to get it there.
Backing out earlier in the week would make sense on this note, but not so much now, really?

Follow your heart though, if it's not good for you, it's not good for you. Just wanted to point out that at current there don't seem to be any hangups.

I gotta be honest, I think I'm going to pull out for now. This seemed promising at first but the hangups that stand in front of us now are too much for me to gamble on. Hopefully there's a better resolution in store going forward
I'm staying in and will keep you posted on the progress :)

I don't check this forum daily and when I have checked it, it's mostly been arguing and disagreement. Please consider it from the perspective of someone who doesn't participate often and just wanted a hassle free purchase. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@NoGoodCitizen first off you're not an inconvenience, I was simply pointing out that there aren't any hang-ups in the project at the moment.

If you find that being on the forum is a hassle and/or just don't want to waste the energy on other people's disagreements, you don't have to be in the thread to purchase, just fill out Cereth's form on his site, and keep in contact directly.

I don't check this forum daily and when I have checked it, it's mostly been arguing and disagreement. Please consider it from the perspective of someone who doesn't participate often and just wanted a hassle free purchase.
You're absolutely right. A lot of these in depth technical discussions should've had their own separate thread.

Let's all try to be more cognizant of the people watching this thread for project updates.

Pre-order form submitted, pPlease add me to the pre-order. One pink mini cute repro. Thanks!

You know, its not unusual to get some bumps on the road with projects like this. I know it's a lot of money to put down for something that hasn't been figured out yet, but @hursit has been very communicative during this process. With everyone helping and working I believe this will get solved. I aint telling everyone to put their money down for this (I haven't yet because of lazyness) but I will be supporting this project. Thanks to everyone asking questions and helping out with this.

I will also remind I'll refund anyone their deposit if they decide to back out. The order list is to the point where if people are seriously going to doom/gloom this going into completion, I am only ordering 40 and there are already 5 people that will be cut from the list. That is the only reason I'm setting preorder time, to help keep the priority in order. It is also partly why I've got the order form, so I can see who ordered first. Everyone on the initial list hursit kept has priority until July 1st.

Whenever everything is sorted out and around when production starts, I will need to determine if we're bringing in 40 or 80 units, which is when the above will matter, and I'm not bringing in 80 unless enough people are willing to put down a deposit

I'm still in and have submitted interest on the game saru site. I'm willing to put down a deposit, @Cereth

Really excited about this. Thanks everyone for your work so far.

Current order list. Setting a hard deadline of July 13 to decide on 40 or 80. It will be 40 if there are not enough preorder deposits, which means right now at minimum the last 3 people will be chopped from the list. Please make your deposits by then.

Those who have not submitted a form from the original list here will be removed from the queue tomorrow night. If you put in a form after tomorrow night, you will go to the back of the queue.

EDIT: added my name in to better show availability
Code:
Orders:
Cereth - 4-8 Cabinets (Deposit Paid)
animesuperj - Pink x1 (Deposit Paid)
benime - Green x1 (Deposit Paid)
hoagtech - Green x2 (Deposit Paid)
Blue_Fox - Pink x1 (Deposit Paid)
statix138 - Pink x1 (Deposit Paid)
chowmarcus - Pink x1 (Deposit Paid)
Artee023 - Pink x1 (Deposit Paid)
Lemony Vengeance - Yellow x1 (Deposit Paid)
Pixel Krisis - Pink x1 (Deposit Paid)
Derick2K - Green x1 (Deposit Paid)
Pega$u$ - Green x1 (Deposit Paid)
jbrlll - Yellow x1 (Deposit Paid)
Michael A. - Green x1 (Deposit Paid)
NeoLurker - Pink x1 (Deposit Paid)
Loegan43 - Pink x1 (Deposit Paid)
rewrite - Green x1, Pink x1, Yellow x1
theoddtech - Pink x2
Rg111 - Green x1
Sebastian M. - Green x1
Bad_Hambre - Pink x1
Fletcher - Green x1
Kidkaos - Pink x1
Jermz0r - Pink x1
Larry D. - Yellow x1
Joe G. - Pink x1
Terrance S. - Yellow x1
Rick D. - Green x1
Christopher A. - Green x1, Pink x1
Aaron M. - Green x1
Dean M. - Yellow x1
Patrick S. - Green x1
Julius V. - Yellow x1
Mike P. - Yellow x1
Epyc - Green x1, Pink x1, Yellow x1

sent deposit but i don't see my name on the list. Already filled out the form

Yeah you're right, its recorded on the master list, but not on the posted one. It'll be included on the next update.

Update.

The factory finish the power coat. They made our paint code. Only Pink is missing for now. We will get it soon too.

The reference was Scanner Gun's color codes
Thanks to @Derick2k for the paint codes

IMG-20200630-154936.jpg

Last edited:
Back