What's new
If I can't find a CRT monitor, what type of LCD should I be looking to get?
@Epyc did some tests on his ASUS VB199T-P that looked great.

Its not my taste personally and full screen output will depend on the source, so you will be getting small black borders on different games

These is his image at 4x scanlines.

I would prefer a CRT, but its an option

Great news all around! I knew you guys would pull through, sometimes you gotta have a little faith in people. Im on the fence on ordering another one but also might just wanna wait for those repro Neo 19.

Potentially stupid question here, I'm still looking to get the monitor business sorted out but wanted to ask about multi sync. I know the k7000 is a 15 khz monitor but I wanted to hook up my japanese xbox 360 to it. Are there any down scalers we can use for this purpose? Or would it be better to go with a PC monitor and a device like the OSSC?

Again much thanks for your work people that are making this possible.

Facebook for the win :) I hope.

Picking up a K7000 that looks very clean, seems to have been recapped, also includes the yoke for a 19" tube, sold as working. Along with a sylvania srt2219 tv (not sure if the tube will work as a direct replacement), seller was going to rebuild a galaga cab but abandoned the project due the covid/$$$. Hopefully these work together and i dont have to deal with yoke swaps, etc.

But I still want the lcd mount if its made to have options :D

Great news all around! I knew you guys would pull through, sometimes you gotta have a little faith in people. Im on the fence on ordering another one but also might just wanna wait for those repro Neo 19.

Potentially stupid question here, I'm still looking to get the monitor business sorted out but wanted to ask about multi sync. I know the k7000 is a 15 khz monitor but I wanted to hook up my japanese xbox 360 to it. Are there any down scalers we can use for this purpose? Or would it be better to go with a PC monitor and a device like the OSSC?

Gotta find the Ultracade UVC and get an Xbox360 VGA cable so you can downscale to 15k. Pretty sure that's how most folks run 360s on arcade CRTs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=xbox+360+uvc+ultracade

Gotta find the Ultracade UVC
That's the hard bit right there. They used to be everywhere and cheap! Not so much nowadays.

You have some audio authority options as well. There's an entire thread on shmups forum about 31 -> 15k options.

It's easier and cheaper by a long shot to go the other way.

Gotta find the Ultracade UVC and get an Xbox360 VGA cable so you can downscale to 15k. Pretty sure that's how most folks run 360s on arcade CRTs.
https://www.google.com/search?q=xbox+360+uvc+ultracade
That’s how I’m doing it..works great.

Got an update for everyone.

I received the custom frame from hursit. It fits the k7000 tube great!

I apologize for the shitty picture, but I had to hold the tube and the camera. (One man show over here)

I'll try to take some better ones today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-143032.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-143032.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 132
Anyone in the Rochester Buffalo NY area getting one. If I can save on shipping it would tip me toward doing this.

I'm pretty much out of my element posting here... but I was curious about LCD options. Would something like this: http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1629/19-wells-gardner-game-pro-lcd-monitor.htm be an appropriate alternative while trying to track down a K7000? It is nearly a 100 bucks more than the ASUS model posted above - so, maybe not?

Would testing lag using something like the time sleuth be worthwhile? Thanks.

Back