What's new

UMKShock

Beginner
Reaction score
Howdy everyone, I go by Shock in the fight game community and was directed to this forum to field questions for a long overdue arcade to console project. Hope to find some answers!

I'm down with the MK... But only 1 and 2, always thought 3 and U3 sucked and everything after that is just unplayable.

At least he's not a Smash player. :D

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome, when street fighter 2 in arcade has released,there was an ELITE ARCADE CENTER that i used to play that has a very difficult game to play and it Mk1 ,until years pass the players or gamers is only Play the Mortal Kombat until the UMK3 in megalo50 arrive and real fights begun because sometimes the player don't like turns after the play or challenge,well those are happy memories when i see a CLASSIC MK scene

Thanks guys! Already making progress here after some speed bumps in my consolized MK board project. Should be great. For the record, I'm opinionated as well, but mechanically UMK3 is the best OG MK game. MKII, most people love for the presentation, which everyone agrees is fantastic, it's just not as competitive a game as UMK3. Also, I balance tested MK9 in Chicago, and well, they haven't really done much since then to make the play any better. They have a formula and stick to it so they can sell millions of copies.

great to see there's still lots of love for old school MK. growing up in Chicago, I have lots of fond memories of playing umk3 wavenet and in after-hours sessions at Diversions. wish there was modern recording technology back in the late 90s so I could rewatch those matches and compare to current competitive scene.

great to see there's still lots of love for old school MK. growing up in Chicago, I have lots of fond memories of playing umk3 wavenet and in after-hours sessions at Diversions. wish there was modern recording technology back in the late 90s so I could rewatch those matches and compare to current competitive scene.
the earliest arcade stuff available right now is from about 15 years ago so well after the main run, and it's all guerrilla style of course.

Back