What's new
Regular mame does have a lot of input lag. You ever use Groovymame? It cuts down a lot of the lag (same as disabling vsync on regular mame minus the screen tearing iirc) and even has a feature called frame delay. I use it pretty exclusively vs mame.
I tried it once but never got to make it a tournament standard, totally forgot about it otherwise. Thanks!

Started to look into modding the PDP Klassic as it seems a lot easier to take apart than the TE. It looks like the Xbox 360 buttons at the top middle make contact with the pads from the pcb under them in the inside. So I can’t really think of a good way to re-use them if modding for db15. Player Start and coin up would likely require drilling button holes on the side or back of the particle board case and wiring them there. There will also be a need to cut out a hole in the back for the new db15 cabling or connector.

All the main components are together now, so hopefully I'll have some progress posted soon. I just need something to put it in. That might have to wait until later though, as I would like to have this for an event in less than 10 days.

It looks like the Xbox 360 buttons at the top middle make contact with the pads from the pcb under them in the inside. So I can’t really think of a good way to re-use them if modding for db15.
You can't replace the buttons, but you could wire up the PCB to the DB15 connector. Just tie everything to common ground.

Been a while, I've been backlogged on work but I've source just about everything I need for this and will start posting updates soon. Should be fun!

So due to numerous delays, it's been 3 years and I finally got to test the UMK3 arcade board console briefly last night at tournament in North Jersey. Undamned Adapters worked with all the sticks we tried tonight, very pleased. Thanks to Jose Cruz for putting this project together for me and getting through the supply shortages in 2020/2021 and then me just not being able to pick it up the last 6 months, but after literally 3 years of effort, it's here and I'll have more pics and testing tomorrow on a component TV and see how it does. Still some kinks to work out using the OSSC settings on flat screens but the input response is fantastic.

Attachments

• 20221112_182346.jpg
    20221112_182346.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 66
How’d you end up handling the weird sync rates?

How’d you end up handling the weird sync rates?
I'm using the OSSC for the flat screen with suggested timings but I have to do more fiddling to get it right, there's still screen tear but I'm not sure if it was just that specific monitor. I know a little bit but learning as i go. I'm hoping my scart to component converter will work on the tube TV but not counting on it.

I'm using the OSSC for the flat screen with suggested timings but I have to do more fiddling to get it right, there's still screen tear but I'm not sure if it was just that specific monitor. I know a little bit but learning as i go. I'm hoping my scart to component converter will work on the tube TV but not counting on it.
I use Mike Chi’s RGB2COMP but it took a while to find a consumer CRT that could handle the refresh rate. I have one JVC D Series and a PVM that was able to handle it.

I use Mike Chi’s RGB2COMP but it took a while to find a consumer CRT that could handle the refresh rate. I have one JVC D Series and a PVM that was able to handle it.
I happen to have picked up a JVC component CRT last week but I don't know if there's anything special about it, that's what I'll be testing on tomorrow. If I have to go PVM I will, but I'm hoping for a Trinitron or Wega to work. I have the ShinyBow scart to component.

I tested the tube TV tonight and got a predictable Vsync issue, going to try out some more options before looking for another TV. Possibly another scart to component converter.

I tested the tube TV tonight and got a predictable Vsync issue, going to try out some more options before looking for another TV. Possibly another scart to component converter.
On my D Series in the service menu I had to adjust the V Freq in order to sync. I’m not sure if you have a remote for the TV and can get into the service menu but there might be an extremely small chance you have the same option.

On my D Series in the service menu I had to adjust the V Freq in order to sync. I’m not sure if you have a remote for the TV and can get into the service menu but there might be an extremely small chance you have the same option.
I looked for that with the remote, it's a very old TV from 2000, I don't know if it would even have that option.
1668485456222.png

I looked for that with the remote, it's a very old TV from 2000, I don't know if it would even have that option.
1668485456222.png
Ha I have that same model as well. That is my second D Series that I couldn’t get to sync. The one I was able to sync is a AV-27D302. It has the RCA tube in it.

Ha I have that same model as well. That is my second D Series that I couldn’t get to sync. The one I was able to sync is a AV-27D302. It has the RCA tube in it.
I'm going to try an emergency route just in case I can't find another TV in time, where I'll do the OSSC to HDMI to component and see if that'll work for now, and then I'll try to find another TV that I can adjust settings with. I'd like to make a larger compatibility list and requirements.

I had some success today with the OSSC and an HDMI to component converter that has a resolution switcher on it, managed to get a still image and I've been tweaking settings on the OSSC to clean it up. I was able to get all the pixels within the screen, but narrowed in the middle, and also was able to clean up the pixelation and a bit of pulsing, but still have more to do.

1668793793903.png

umk3ossc1.jpg
umk3ossc2.jpg
umk3ossc3.jpg
umk3ossc4.jpg

Was finally able to sit down and tweak some settings. For some reason the 16:9 option displays it closer to correct than generic 4:3 or other similar resolution optimized on the OSSC, and after a little more backporch/H/V sample changes I got it to look pretty close, in fact I've seen numerous arcade monitors with the same amount of overscan. I would like to get it perfect but I'm at a point of it working split component to TV/HDMI to capture and both are happy.

Nice work. I haven't spent much time yet on tweaking OSSC profiles for Midway boards but I did find that @invzim Retro Scaler A1 plays well with MK2 & UMK3. I'm using it to line double the video for display on a VGA CRT along with video capture. I like that there's basically zero config needed for that scaler so that's potentially another option if you have the supporting hardware available.

I am a bit jealous of that D series. Beautiful TV.

Back