What's new

rocket

Enthusiast
Reaction score
which one of these 2 gundum games would be better to play? (never played a gundum game before)

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Rengou vs. ZAFT II
Mobile Suit Z Gundam: AEUG vs. Titans DX

Rengou vs ZAFT II for sure.

A school holiday plan I have is a tutorial series covering all sorts of games, from Age of Empires 2 to Windjammers that will include Gundam VS, but for now here's an ok tutorial.

He is showing on PS2 controller but it's the same stuff.

can the ps2 controller be used with the 246b for Rengou vs ZAFT II ?

No unfortunately.

Buttons are Range Attack, Melee Attack, Search (change target) and Boost (jump).

Special Attack is Range + Melee
Special Range is Range + Boost
Special Melee is Melee + Boost

So just to expand upon this from the 2 games mentioned, what in your opinion @plasia is the best 246/256 Gundam game? perhaps you could rank them (maybe you already have elsewhere?)

Depends really, if you freaking love Gundam Seed like me ZAFT 2 is the best, it's an expansion pack of ZAFT.

Me:
ZAFT 2
NEXT

Most people:
NEXT
ZAFT 2

Don't bother with the older Z-Gundam Titan ones. NEXT has less Gundams to pilot than ZAFT 2 but is across all different Gundam anime and was absolutely huge popularity-wise.

Please note: This is a 2v2 game, the arcade mode can be fun but that's not where the greatness is. You need to play it 4p, which means 4x System 2x6 (or 256 for NEXT) in a LAN. High barrier I know but once you get into it you'll realise why it's been consistently top of the Japanese arcade charts since ZAFT came out. Kinda like if you experienced 3s arcade 1p you might think it's ok, but when you play 1v1 you're playing the real thing and it'll suck you in for years.

ok got my interest. how do you link 4 via lan? specifically on a 246 (i know 256 has a lan port).

246 has a LAN module, if yours didn't come with one you need to get it. You wire it up to a dedicated switch, leave it standalone and don't integrate it into your home network.

Then you just set up each one to be #1-4 in service/test menu.

Im going to have to try ZAFT 2 after reading this. Been stuck on NEXT for some time haha

Depends really, if you freaking love Gundam Seed like me ZAFT 2 is the best, it's an expansion pack of ZAFT.

Me:
ZAFT 2
NEXT

Most people:
NEXT
ZAFT 2

Don't bother with the older Z-Gundam Titan ones. NEXT has less Gundams to pilot than ZAFT 2 but is across all different Gundam anime and was absolutely huge popularity-wise.

Please note: This is a 2v2 game, the arcade mode can be fun but that's not where the greatness is. You need to play it 4p, which means 4x System 2x6 (or 256 for NEXT) in a LAN. High barrier I know but once you get into it you'll realise why it's been consistently top of the Japanese arcade charts since ZAFT came out. Kinda like if you experienced 3s arcade 1p you might think it's ok, but when you play 1v1 you're playing the real thing and it'll suck you in for years.
thanks for that, I see that you can play ZAFT 2 on the 256 as well which is good news as that's what I have. 2 more 256's it is then....

Yeah, I plan on doing a 4P setup myself by next year.

If you had to pick two, I'd say ZAFT II and NEXT would be the best bet. NEXT is like the baby of Extreme Vs and ZAFT II is like the last remnant of the old school PS2 Gundam games

Back