What's new

SmokeMonster

Champion
Reaction score
I've updated DogP's 3D shell to fit v2.4 Turbo EverDrives. I removed all of the material on the back of his design that prevents it from snapping to the v2.4 TED PCB, as well as the hanging piece near the SD card slot that blocked it from fitting Duos.

This design fits: TurboGrafx-16, PC Engine, Duos, and Turbo Express/PCE-GT. I've tested it on all of them.
renderXmhGrn.png

3D Printable File: TED5.skp
$6.22 Sculpteo Link - Print in plastic.

Could someone help me fix it to also fit SuperGrafx? The corner in red needs to be removed. I can't remove that from the design in SketchUp or it messes everything up.
TED_SGX_Fix.png

Here's one that I cut to fit SuperGrafx:
_DSC5848_2.jpg

Last edited:
I own the original 1.0 Stone Age Deluxe version... But if 3d printed shells are looking this nice, it might be time to upgrade soon.
v2.4 brought some nice new features that should make it worth your while to upgrade, like instant loading, 4MB ram, and lower power usage. Krikzz is also now selling a nice plexi TED shell for $7.

Nice job! I love the design and in fact I wanted to print one at Sculpteo using your link. I selected plastic and received the following email afterwards:

"It has come to our attention that the following item 'Turbo EverDrive v2.4 Shell - SmokeMonster Fixed v1.0 (White Plastic)' can not be printed due to a issue with your 3D file.
Reason: too fragile
Description: There are Red areas that will break during the printing or delivery process. the minimum thickness for this material is 1 mm "

Should I select a different material or is this an easy fix?

Attachments

• Red areas image.jpg
    Red areas image.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 185
Nice job! I love the design and in fact I wanted to print one at Sculpteo using your link. I selected plastic and received the following email afterwards:

"It has come to our attention that the following item 'Turbo EverDrive v2.4 Shell - SmokeMonster Fixed v1.0 (White Plastic)' can not be printed due to a issue with your 3D file.
Reason: too fragile
Description: There are Red areas that will break during the printing or delivery process. the minimum thickness for this material is 1 mm "

Should I select a different material or is this an easy fix?
I think you just need to turn on the "thickening" option in review. I just ran an auto-repair on the model that might have also fixed this.

I've modified the file in sketchup to add the notch. See if this version of the file works for you

Attachments

• SuperTurboEverDrive.zip
    131.6 KB · Views: 160
Excellent, thanks!! :D

I uploaded it to Sculpteo, but it doesn't seem to like the file. When I'm back from traveling on the 14th, I'll see if I can convert it to something Sculpteo would print. If anyone with a printer can test the current file, please let us know how it works.

Yeah, I've never used schetchup before. it looks like it's more of a surface modeler rather than a solid modeler so maybe there is another step needed in order to make the model completely manifold.

I took off exactly what you specified in the corner, but it's important that you also leave a little bit of clearance, especially when 3D printing as the roughness of the edges tend to make objects a little "fatter" than what was actually specified in the original 3D model.

Yes, I should re-do my original work using CAD, or a program specifically designed for modeling.

I specified about 30% more than the space required for the chunk, so after your modification it should be the perfect shell for every PCE under the sun (PCE, Duo, Duo-R/X, TG16, TE/PCEGT, SuperGrafx, Shuttle).

Back