What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
This info was buried in my S-JIHP thread so I decided to transfer it to it's own thread for ease of discovery. We can also add info on additional models that will work here.

So Primeval Hunt requires a touchscreen for some important aspects of the game. True the touchscreen could simply be disabled but then it will basically become a rail shooter. The screen allows you to move around the map, change your viewpoint, play mini games and select options. It is a much more fun game with the touchscreen. I wasn't finding much info about the screen but eventually I found this info below:

200-6086 is the Sega part number. There is a parts site that sells the screen but was out of stock and the pictures on that site don't help to determine the model numbers of the screen. So by looking at the form factor and manually searching images I came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172072609984 --The cheapest working used units on Ebay. There are new units for much more.

It's an ELO Touchscreen. It's branded a few different ways but the model number is ET1515L. It sometimes says Tyco Electronics but the model number is the same.

wGpKsCP.jpg

This is the exact model Sega uses. There are many more that should work.

Today I received another model to test. It is an ELO screen but it is branded as an HP monitor. It works great!! Here it is:

isCemrE.jpg

HgzF25X.jpg

6LiNMbk.jpg

Ue3hW6m.jpg

I want to put together a JVS shooting setup at some point with this game being the main attraction.

I understand that a mounted gun setup is much easier to do from scratch since you're just dealing with 2 potentiometers and a trigger for each gun as opposed to mounted LEDs around the screen, a sensor board and sensor guns.

Do you play 100% with mounted guns? Are you able to shoot accurately in a game like this without having crosshairs on (if that's even an option).

It all depends on how you mount them. If it is a stable surface that you can easily aim at every corner through the gun sights then you will have no issues after you calibrate. I don't have any sensor arrays at all.

Just wondering, how exactly does the touch screen connect to the Lindbergh? (Does it connect to the board itself?, Does it connect to the I/O or S-JIHP?) What Kind of Cable does it connect to?

Will this type of touch screen work with other arcade games as well? (Touch De Uno on Naomi for example)

You said this monitor was the model that Sega used, Did this game only come in a cabinet with a 15 inch monitor?

Just wondering, how exactly does the touch screen connect to the Lindbergh? (Does it connect to the board itself?, Does it connect to the I/O or S-JIHP?) What Kind of Cable does it connect to?

Will this type of touch screen work with other arcade games as well? (Touch De Uno on Naomi for example)

You said this monitor was the model that Sega used, Did this game only come in a cabinet with a 15 inch monitor?
This is a dual monitor game where the main monitor came in 2 sizes from factory I believe. The touchscreen would likely have been the same in both versions.

The touch screen attaches to a COM port on the Lindbergh with a serial cable, and then gets video from one of the outputs on the Lindbergh's video card.
images

Does it matter which monitor connects to which port?
Yes. Touchscreen VGA plugs into top video port on video card. Normal game display plugs into bottom port. And then the serial cable plugs into the touchscreen and COM1 on the Lindbergh. As you can see in the last picture in post 1 the montors display different things.

No idea if it works with the Naomi games.

Just bought a touchscreen. Black.
It's branded "Elo" on front, specs on back are:
Tyco Electronics
Elo TouchSystems
ET1515L-8CWC-1-GY-G
E700813

15"
640*480 to 1024*768
D-sub 15 (VGA)
touch serial+USB
100-240V 0.6A (IEC C5) / 12VDC 2.5A

Just tested with Primeval Hunt, works well. :)
But top video port (DVI) is for main screen and bottom one (VGA) is for touch screen on my motherboard.

Last edited:
You can see a bit on this video :
(not mine).
You choose your destination with touchscren, or turn the view.

my colleague had to replace the Tyco one, like for like and that worked thanks to this thread.

Back