What's new

chomponooch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for the tube suitable for MS8-26SE or MS8-26SU Sega Aero City chassis.
I' found nice monitor (A63LCCC11X with MS8-26SU chassis)

but the tube was damaged during the shipment.

Now I've found another one tube - Zenith A63ADG25X (without chassis)

Does it fit to MS8SE or MS8SU chassis as a Sega Aero City monitor replacement?

ms8-26 have a almost unique deflection yoke, you would need to put the ms8 yoke onto your replacement tube

^This. I'll be honest with you, the MS8-26SU is a VERY common monitor in the US. I'd keep looking for a parts machine that you can pull the tube out of...there are a ton out there.

Shipping a tube from the US to Europe is going to cost a ton.

IMO if you're in Europe you take what you get. 63cm is a very rare size here. Personally, I would be all over that if it was local.

Yes, only local purchase is possible. Also, I would like to pick up the tube myself because courier service (for such fragile item) is too risky.
The current owner cannot remember which machine this tube (Zenith A63ADG25X) comes from from (twin car simulator - he said) but the frame (and plugs) looks like it was Saga cab.
I understand that the only sure way to check if it works with MS8SE (MS8SU) is to put MS8 chassis onto Zenith tube?

You're going to have to remove the yoke from the old monitor and install it on the donor tube. With an MS8-26xx they're always paired with a Mitsubishi tube from factory and the yokes are bonded, so you have to hacksaw them off. It's a giant pain in the ass. I'm not sure of the cabinets ms8-26xx setups were in in Europe, but here in the US they're in:

Virtua Fighter 1+2
Virtua Cop 1+2
Virtua Striker
Dead or Alive
Daytona Twin, Single and stand up
Rad Mobile

Yeah, the above doesn't apply for Europe.

I've only ever seen the 26s in Wing War, Daytona USA and Sega Rally wooden sitdown twin cabs made by Deith Leasure in the UK. Probably some others, but definitely not a whole lot. Most Sega cabs are 29".

Thank you @DecepticonZero and @nem
I'm afraid that I havn't enough skills to to remove the deflection yoke from the old monitor and install it on the donor tube
but I did some google reasearch and
looks like this Zenith tube has smilar specifications (6.3 volts heater, CR23 adapter)
https://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-263434.html
as an original MS8 Mitsubishi A63JHF81X tube
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=101394.0
In such a case - is there a chance that this Zenith tube will work with MS8 chassis? (without removing the yoke from the old monitor and install it on the donor tube)
If not I have to search whole (tube+chassis) MS8 monitor.
The situation is so uncomfortable that I can check my MS8 chassis only after purchasing the new (Zenith) tube...

Thank you @DecepticonZero and @nem
I'm afraid that I havn't enough skills to to remove the deflection yoke from the old monitor and install it on the donor tube
but I did some google reasearch and
looks like this Zenith tube has smilar specifications (6.3 volts heater, CR23 adapter)
https://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-263434.html
as an original MS8 Mitsubishi A63JHF81X tube
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=101394.0
In such a case - is there a chance that this Zenith tube will work with MS8 chassis? (without removing the yoke from the old monitor and install it on the donor tube)
If not I have to search whole (tube+chassis) MS8 monitor.
The situation is so uncomfortable that I can check my MS8 chassis only after purchasing the new (Zenith) tube...
you would need to take readings of the inductance and resistance of both yokes to figure out if they would be compatible with one another

Flat out the ms8-26su/sg/se/a chassis will not work unless you swap the yoke.

I dunno what the Wells Gardner situation is like over there, but if you're keeping the monitor vertical, a k7000 will fit on the factory mounts. You'll have to add an isolation transformer as well.

the yokes are bonded, so you have to hacksaw them off.
I've had 3 MS8-26SU's, and none of them have had bonded yokes.

I did a tube swap on one, and swapping the yoke was not an issue.

Flat out the ms8-26su/sg/se/a chassis will not work unless you swap the yoke.
This is correct, TV yokes are not going to work.

The biggest issue I've run into when trying to find suitable donor tubes, is that the original tubes have larger "ears" than most TV tubes, so finding one that fits the frame can be frustrating.

Reactions: nem
Back