What's new
yeah hopefully I can find someone here to help me out I got some pictures taken the boards are pretty clean i got soul calibur and tekken 3.

dang it i cant upload the pictures it says the file its too big i have the lowest resolution set on my phone i guess I have to set up an account where I can upload the pics brb in a few

Post the pictures here and lets see if we can diagnose them. I'm sure someone here can probably help you. It would be a tragedy for Soul Calibur to sit around broken :D

I would recommend using a needle and a magnifying glass to carefully fix the bent pins. Just bend them ever so slightly so they aren't touching. It doesn't have to look perfect, and less is more in this case to avoid breaking the pins. The upside is that none of them look broken, so it should be a relatively painless fix. Break a pin though, and suddenly it will become much more difficult.

You've also got a classic Namco System 11/12 "missing cap" (100uF 16V) on at least one of the two boards, circled in red below. All of the caps on top look really bad though, and I bet that some of the others would just fall right off i you ran your hand over them.

If you recap the whole top boards and fix those bent pins, I can pretty much guarantee that board will work again :D

209ilxy.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I see what would the average cost on repair be? Im dont feel confident doing it. I'd rather let a professional do it. I tried learning how to solder I just dont have the steady hand.

Separating the pins is fairly easy. You can send it to me to do if you want. There's no guarantee that will fix it and I'm not a trained repair tech so you would need to keep that in mind.

Sure I can send them to you. You have waaaaaay more knowledge than me. Im sure you could fix it

Picked up a cheap Tekken 3 board myself. The seller showed pictures with it working with lines running through the image. When I powered it up with my superguns I get no picture and I can see it going in and out of sync on my OSSC. I can see that some caps need replacing from the dried up liquid on the caps. Cleaned up the mother board, I need to clean up the CPU board a little bit. I am going to order up those caps on digikey in the morning.

Last edited:
Question for the group, would bad caps keep the board from not turning on? I get sound out of the stereo jacks on the left side of the board.

Yes @zionfarm caps could prevent the board from turning on. Some caps hold a purpose just to have it for powering on. So a recap would make things easier. But check everything else to. Cause I see the cpu is dirty as well but give it a good clean up bro

Thx @mugen_ketsueki I cleaned up the that top board and I also saw a sweat deal for a cap kit on console 5.com. Waiting for the cap kit to come in and I will go to work on it.

Back