What's new
Ok here is the verdict..........
Replaced all the caps from the guys at console 5. I still get no video and no the "good morning" greeting is gone with the board still sounding like it is rebooting itself every 3 seconds.

Does anybody know if I need to interface with the other smaller jamma connector or something found in this photo?

What about the two dsub-15 connectors on the side. Are they there for video output as well?

Yes like Nem says, these boards are dual Jamma and JVS, so outputs on both the VGA + Jamma

looks like somebody move the 4th button (the kick harness!) from the smaller edge to the jamma edge already.

with JVS you don't need to worry about it

looks like somebody move the 4th button (the kick harness!) from the smaller edge to the jamma edge already.

with JVS you don't need to worry about it
This was a snip it from a Youtube video I was searching for setups running.

might as well post my cap map in here as well as it is relevant to Tekken 3 as well.
Also verified the same cap map for Ehrgeiz, Tekken 3 and Soul Calibur :)

Ehrgeiz bottom.jpg
Ehrgeiz top.jpg
Thanks i'm going to use this as a guide. I just got Tekken 3 with jail bars. Plays and sounds fine.

Hello gentlemen, I recently bought a namco system12 game that suffers from the missing caps like soo many other.
My B board looks very much like @SmokeMonster 's post. Except mine is version N4 instead of N5.
Caps looks to be the same though.
This is what I have gathered from different lists and thought I would share in case this could help someone:
N4
C247uF16v
C5100uF6.3v
C11100uF6.3v
C16100uF6.3v
C18100uF6.3v
C20110uF16v
C20210uF16v
C20710uF16v
C21347uF16v
*if you see any errors, or know I am wrong, pwetty pleeeese let me know so I can update and don't look like a fool... well more than usual.

Best wishes.

Attachments

• SYSTEM12_B-Board_N4.JPG
    SYSTEM12_B-Board_N4.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Hello guys.

Currently in the process of restoring a Namco System 12 with Tekken Tag Tournament that doesn't boot up and noticed the components FL9 and FL12 needs to be replaced. Where can I get replacements? Thank you.
IMG_20230225_171127.jpg

Same part number yeah?
You're right,

I looked at the data sheets for the one you've provided and the one that's on the board itself and the specifications matches. Even digikey brought up the BNX002-11 saying it's a good substitute for the BNX002-01. I apologize for bombarding with questions that I could have answered for myself though I do appreciate the help.

No prob! Hope it restores the board!

Back