What's new

Vinegar Joe

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello, I hope someone can help!

I recently bought this decased MVC rev 3 board to install the multi kit:

OdhHyfV_d.jpg

However there are a couple of things I didn't realise at time of purchase (sadly a noob when it comes to these things):
  • The jumpers aren't correct I think?
  • There are no connectors on the left of the board
  • There's a wire on the back going from where the one of the sockets should have been to the chip in 14
The first point isn't a big issue, but I am not sure what to do about the other two.

I know it is a DIN 41612 but there are so many different ones I'm not sure which is required. Also uncertain how the board got like this, or what the wire is about.

Any help/advice would be appreciated and please have patience with my silly questions. Thank you!

1 isn’t an issue as apparently the jumpers don’t even matter at all.
2 is a big issue, but it should work if you can retrofit the connectors, some early revision board just came without from the factory
3 not sure, might be a factory patch?

No that connector is angled, you would need a straight one.

As for the wire, leave it be if the board is working as is :)

No that connector is angled, you would need a straight one.

As for the wire, leave it be if the board is working as is :)
Ah cheers, couldn't tell from the photo but you're right!

Working might be a bit of a stretch, it boots OK but gives a phoenix error after a few seconds. I am hoping it will be OK for the multi.

highly recommend you track down a revision 6 or 7 board, unless you are comfortable soldering those connectors.
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I don't mind doing a bit of soldering but not sure how big a job this is.

It is a big job for sure and wouldn’t start it myself and would just go for another board.
Although I wouldn’t really care for which revision it is as it is only SOME early revisions that are missing this connector.

any other rev 3/4/5/6/7 board should be fine, but I would always check if it works properly prior to installing the multi.
The multi does not ‘magically’ fix issues a B board might have :)

Cheers for the advice guys, I will keep an eye out for another B board. Seller is cool so no problems there.

Back